• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 new Kadokawa games to be announced in November, one by From included

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Yesterday I had a chance to have a pleasant chat with Kadokawa Games Director of Sales and PR Juntaro Kouno, and he revaled a very interesting detail.

The publisher is going to have a major press conference in November, during which five new games will be announced. One of them will be by From Software, which is now a wholly owner subsidiary of Kadokawa after the acquisition in April.

Of course Kouno-san could not reveal the nature of the new titles or the platforms they’re going to be developed for, but he did mention that there will be a variety between internally developed and partnerships.

Stay tuned in the next few days for the full interview about Bloodborne, future plans and more, coming right here on DualShockers.

http://www.*****************/2014/0...s-in-november-including-one-by-from-software/

Close if old

EDIT:
the site is banned :\

google translated italian source(not that is necessary, i quoted the entire text)

https://translate.google.it/transla...no-di-from-software_203852&edit-text=&act=url

Dascu

I'm expecting a Dark Souls 2 PS4/Xbone edition at some point, but I guess Namco would own the rights to that, no?

fedexpeon

Banned
I would love to see a new AC for the PS4/X1 with an arena online shooting element+ZOE fast mech battlestyle.
AC is always a hit or a missed, but man, they know how to let players customize their own mech.

I feel like Dualshockers doesn't deserve its ban at a fundamental level, but the site does get terribly notorious around the time of E3/Gamescom where they just post every 'insider' tidbits as news, and worse, fanboy dream list.

If they could just hold themselves back at every single bit of random rumour, I think they're a pretty decent site overall that actually covers very niche details that big sites ignore, and is a good site that works as a compilation of minor details.

Nibel

The case here is that Dualshockers claims they had a interview with one of the Kadokawa people, and if this is fabricated.. well, then goodnight.

Nothing here suggests that they wont be mobile or F2P games. Id hold your horses if I was you guys.

Kadokawa Games publishes a lot of terrible games, but they're actually a decent publisher when it comes to supporting dedicated platforms.

Have a look at their website and list of games :

http://www.kadokawagames.co.jp/title/index.php

A list of the games most recently (and going to) published by them by platforms...

Vita, Vita, 3DS, Vita, 3DS, Vita, Vita, Vita, Vita, Vita, Vita, Vita, 3DS, PS3, PSP, Vita.

Kadokawa Games do need to prove themselves by publishing games that aren't terrible, but honestly, I'm very glad that they are trying to carve themselves a position in the dedicated gaming space as opposed to the established gaming companies who are spending more and more time chasing after Puzzle and Dragon.

Shengar

Bandai Namco as far as i know

Eh, no
FROM is completely independent developer before the Kadokawa buyout, so they Dark Souls IP is owned by them (now Kadokawa). Bandai Namco just lucky enough to secure publishing right for the rest of the world.

Shengar

Kadokawa Games do need to prove themselves by publishing games that aren't terrible, but honestly, I'm very glad that they are trying to carve themselves a position in the dedicated gaming space as opposed to the established gaming companies who are spending more and more time chasing after Puzzle and Dragon.

They already have Kancolle, why should they chase that money :p

They already have Kancolle, why should they chase that money :p

I recall them saying that as a 'game', KanColle actually isn't profitable at all. But the franchise, however, is strong, and generates a lot of side-revenue from licensing and all that.

And the reality is that something like KanColle could easily topple down from its current popularity very easily. It's extremely popular for what it is, but it's also a non-casual niche. Something like KanColle will never come close to the mainstream popularity enjoyed by YW or even Layton.

If anything, Kadokawa needs to put a lot of investment into KanColle asap to make it a sustainable, long-term franchise.

Epsilonart

Neo Member
Series was at 2.93M until 2006.
Not sure about outside Japan (it did alright in US on PS1/PS2 considering it is a niche game).

I think still don't get it how they manage to produce a new armored core with such low number of sells .

But as a mecha fan I don't want to think about it and hopefuly enjoy a new one with the capacities of the ps4/Xbox One

Is that made by FROM? Didn't know that. Granted, the most I know about A.C.E is their awesome CG of A.C.E:R - I hope that's what next gen mecha games can look like.

FROM worked on the ACE Trilogy, ACE:R & a Gundam Unicorn game.

They made a lot of games for Bamco.

Top Bottom