• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 new screenshots of HAZE

jonabbey

The screenshots look pretty good to me, but what has me excited about the game is

a) Free Radical
b) All of the videos they've released

Especially b). The videos they've put up on PSN show an interesting story, lots of atmosphere, and great voice work. I'm really looking forward to getting it and playing through the story.

So, um, yeah.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I think it compares favorably...

1081_0004-1.jpg

926632_20070921_screen005-1.jpg

928399_20061114_screen073.jpg

934384_20071010_screen039.jpg

928234_20061107_screen005.jpg

I still have hope for this game.

Remember what people were saying before Halo came out......

I'm not saying this is the next Halo, but don't be so quick to judge.

Then again this is NeoGAF.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
dark10x said:

that's a terrible shot of resistance though, I mean haze looks alright, but seriously you have to see some parts of resistance to see where the visuals come into play, as you get further in the game the graphics get more impressive.

Mojovonio

Banned
msdstc said:
that's a terrible shot of resistance though, I mean haze looks alright, but seriously you have to see some parts of resistance to see where the visuals come into play, as you get further in the game the graphics get more impressive.

:lol

dark10x said:

[IG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/dark1x/1081_0004-1.jpg[/IMG]
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/dark1x/926632_20070921_screen005-1.jpg[/I
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/dark1x/928399_20061114_screen073.jpg[/I
[IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/dark1x/934384_20071010_screen039.jpg[/I
[img]http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2006/310/reviews/928234_20061107_screen005.jpg][/QUOTE]

all it needs now are tanks, airships, weak gravity pull, and that gawdawful, annoying sword and we're set.

Maybe it's not super high polygon, but you have to consider the sheer scale of the game.

And besides that, the lighting is the best in the biz.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
snack said:
Resistance, while textured really well, had little to no lighting. So yeah, that game doesn't look that great.

I'm not saying it looked great, I'm just saying that particular shot made it look like ASS. Trust me the game was hyped in terms of visuals, but I never really was impressed, BUT that doesn't take away from the serious amount of hell breaking lose, with an ass load of geometry. The further levels were massive, I thought some shots of the game were impressive, definitely not a looker, but there are better shots.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Linkzg said:
did you play Resistance? the later levels graphically look very good, the level where it snows is just amazing visually.

fucking christ, when did the forum get full of elitist assholes?

edit- for the record dick, the i never said amazing, for the most part the game was average at the very best in terms of visuals and hell even gameplay I saw nothing more than your average FPS, I'm just saying he picked the single worst shot possible, some levels push some serious geometry, and the art style of certain levels was great.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
msdstc said:
I agree, Resistance generally looks much better than that shot suggests...but that wasn't the point. I was drawing comparisons between the similar vehicle levels in each game and that represents what you see in Resistance during that segment. What do you want me to do? Bust out a snow shot in the middle of those vehicle examples? That wouldn't really make a lot of sense, now would it?

The comparison was not intended to be artistic in nature as Haze would absolutely be crushed in that regard. All four of the other games look much better when it comes to art direction...

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Mojovonio said:
like people who bitch about screenshot selection?

did I bitch? I stated an opinion, some would make a case that the game looks far better than resistance from that shot which is what I thought he was stating. I didn't put his fucking opinion down, I was just saying I think resistance is better overall. So far I don't get this air of hype surrounding haze at all, calling it the halo-killer and what not, the game has average graphics lousy art direction, and some of the stuff seen is cheesy as hell.

dark10x said:
I agree, Resistance generally looks much better than that shot suggests...but that wasn't the point. I was drawing comparisons between the similar vehicle levels in each game and that represents what you see in Resistance during that segment. What do you want me to do? Bust out a snow shot in the middle of those vehicle examples? That wouldn't really make a lot of sense, now would it?

The comparison was not intended to be artistic in nature as Haze would absolutely be crushed in that regard. All four of the other games look much better when it comes to art direction...

I didn't mind your comparison... where in my post did I say it was bad? The comparison was fine I was just pointing out that I think resistance can hold it's own against this game.

msdstc said:
fucking christ, when did the forum get full of elitist assholes?

edit- for the record dick, the i never said amazing, for the most part the game was average at the very best in terms of visuals and hell even gameplay I saw nothing more than your average FPS, I'm just saying he picked the single worst shot possible, some levels push some serious geometry, and the art style of certain levels was great.

I think you thought my post was sarcasm...right?

I was serious, the snow level was amazing visually in Resistance? Is that such a crazy answer?

I was trying to find some pictures of it to prove my point.

Mojovonio

Banned
msdstc said:
did I bitch? I stated an opinion, some would make a case that the game looks far better than resistance from that shot which is what I thought he was stating. I didn't put his fucking opinion down, I was just saying I think resistance is better overall. So far I don't get this air of hype surrounding haze at all, calling it the halo-killer and what not, the game has average graphics lousy art direction, and some of the stuff seen is cheesy as hell.

ok, I'm going to bold the next statement to make sure you read it clearly.

IT WASN'T A POST ABOUT GRAPHICS

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Mojovonio said:

once again read my post asshole i said I THOUGHT HE WAS comparing graphics, I realize now what he was doing.

Mojovonio

Banned
msdstc said:
once again read my post asshole i said I THOUGHT HE WAS comparing graphics, I realize now what he was doing.

ugh, this is getting retarded.

so you realize you fucked up, yet you're still arguing with me.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Mojovonio said:
ugh, this is getting retarded.

so you realize you fucked up, yet you're still arguing with me.

I was correcting your last statement that's all. First off I NEVER BITCHED once about the damn guys comparison, I stated an opinion, for that you jumped down my throat. Second off I said I was wrong, and you make a post saying "IT"S NOT ABOUT FUCKING GRAPHICS" yah I realized that, had you actually read what I had said you'd know.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I just hope the AI isn't as bad as it is in the videos I've seen, or it was being played on Very Easy. They may as well have had cardboard cut outs of men to shoot.

cicatriz

Mojovonio said:

Clearly! Obviously, it's only permissible to speak of "subtle beauty" when referring to Halo 3. The same simply cannot apply to any other game.

What the fuck is wrong with people here lately?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Linkzg said:
I think you thought my post was sarcasm...right?

I was serious, the snow level was amazing visually in Resistance? Is that such a crazy answer?

I was trying to find some pictures of it to prove my point.

still can't tell if you're being sarcastic, people were jumpin down my damn throat for stating an opinion. If not I agree with what you're saying, the later levels just got better with time, the boss battle in the snow with carwright was intense, looked great too.

msdstc said:
still can't tell if you're being sarcastic, people were jumpin down my damn throat for stating an opinion. If not I agree with what you're saying, the later levels just got better with time, the boss battle in the snow with carwright was intense, looked great too.

im being 100% honest.

I cant find the picture to prove my point, but I remember one was in the official resistance thread that captured how amazing it looked when it showed in the game.

Resistance can boast two things graphically, best falling snow in a game and best glass breaking in a game, both those things have so much detail it is crazy.

Mojovonio

Banned
msdstc said:
I was correcting your last statement that's all. First off I NEVER BITCHED once about the damn guys comparison, I stated an opinion, for that you jumped down my throat. Second off I said I was wrong, and you make a post saying "IT"S NOT ABOUT FUCKING GRAPHICS" yah I realized that, had you actually read what I had said you'd know.

Correcting my "lol" statement?

That statement wasn't to disagree with you that Resistance looks better towards the end, but that you got defensive about Dark's post.

Clearly! Obviously, it's only permissible to speak of "subtle beauty" when referring to Halo 3. The same simply cannot apply to any other game.

What the fuck is wrong with people here lately?

Wtf are you talking about?

HE POSTED THOSE PICS TO SHOW THE SIMILARITIES IN VEHICLES.

I think its looking better and very solid.
Graphics whores be damned. It looks plenty good enough. if it plays well then it will be a very good game.
I don't have a PS3 though so i won't be playing it unless they magically un-cancel the PC version.

Still too many shooters out this winter for many to do as well as they probably should. Maybe PS3 exclusive was a good idea, considering how well RFOM has done.
Something like Timeshift (i really enjoyed the PC demo) is gonna get swamped as a multi-platform game, even though it has an interesting gameplay mechanic and has an art style that 360 owners just love (grey/brown with lots of rain).

cicatriz

Loudninja said:
Cool 4 player co-op sounds to good

Definitely. I was a bit worried after watching that apartment/community housing level demo, but I keep forgetting we're talking about Free Radical here. Usually their titles are pretty polished by the time they're released.

Screens do nothing for me. This games lives or dies by how close FRD can come to living up to the talk of a less than straight forward presentation of war in a game. Doesn't look bad though, but hey, Haze is free for all trolling material by now so who cares right?

Top Bottom