• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

5 new screenshots of HAZE

jjasper

AltogetherAndrews said:
The multiplayer is all but guaranteed to be good, at least if FRD's track record is anything to go by. And contrary to what seems to be the popular belief here, Haze has not been universally slammed in previews.

Exactly. I was put off pretty bad by the E3 trailer but most previews have been really positive except some say the vehicle level could use some work.

GoDLiKe

Kaako said:
Alternate reality: with your helmet the world is nice and happy...w/out it you see a much more griddy and harsh world?

Switch sides. Mantel soldier first, then you switch to being a rebel. New gameplay mechanics are introduced as well when you make that switch.

Those are pretty original to me.
Hmmm... OK then:lol

Just kidding guys.

But I didn´t like anything in that game (personal opinion). Ok, that idea (switch sides) is great, but I need more videos (or a demo).

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
nice screens blim, looks to be on par with Halo 3 graphically.

shame it's a ps3 exclusive, I would've picked it up if it was on that three-sitty

Fatalah

Cerrius said:
nice screens blim, looks to be on par with Halo 3 graphically.

shame it's a ps3 exclusive, I would've picked it up if it was on that three-sitty

I just watched the gametrailers video and I think this game looks better than Halo3. We'll see how the controls and physics are, but the video looks solid.

Let's hope it comes to the 360 eventually. I guess we'll keep busy with Mass Effect and Alan Wake.

According to Gamespot, 360 and PC versions are not confirmed to say the least. Everything seen of this game so far is PS3 footage, and Free Radical have always had a preference for Playstation platforms. However, this is Ubisoft in the end, so who knows. Just don't expect it anytime soon.

JayDub

cicatriz said:
Definitely. I was a bit worried after watching that apartment/community housing level demo, but I keep forgetting we're talking about Free Radical here. Usually their titles are pretty polished by the time they're released.

Yea, you're talking about Free Radical here, usually their MULTIPLAYER are polished. Their single player, even when they try (TS3), with a bigger budget, was a mess of a story, and didnt flow well. The gameplay just sucked.

And christ guys, no one is sayign Halo is teh first and only to do vehicles, but take off your desperate fanboy glasses and LOOK, to deny that those vehicles bear more than a passing resemblance to Halo's Warthog, and Buggie (even with the same amount of people and similar sitting animations), is plain stupidity. ALL the enemies look the same, literally, (so fa r, but I hope it gets better as the game go on), and...graphics are..ugh.

People stand in line to say "Halo is generic" but they hype this?

Keep it realistic people.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Fatalah said:
I just watched the gametrailers video and I think this game looks better than Halo3. We'll see how the controls and physics are, but the video looks solid.

Let's hope it comes to the 360 eventually. I guess we'll keep busy with Mass Effect and Alan Wake.

Yeah the game looks really good. I love the weapon stealing feature they've implemented, reminiscent of the original Perfect Dark on N64.

Also faking death while playing as a rebel and tricking the Mantle soldiers = awesome.

Steroyd

JayDub said:

I think you got that the wrong way round.

Just take away the 'lo' and replace it with a 'ze.'

cicatriz

JayDub said:
Yea, you're talking about Free Radical here, usually their MULTIPLAYER are polished. Their single player, even when they try (TS3), with a bigger budget, was a mess of a story, and didnt flow well. The gameplay just sucked.

And christ guys, no one is sayign Halo is teh first and only to do vehicles, but take off your desperate fanboy glasses and LOOK, to deny that those vehicles bear more than a passing resemblance to Halo's Warthog, and Buggie (even with the same amount of people and similar sitting animations), is plain stupidity. ALL the enemies look the same, literally, (so fa r, but I hope it gets better as the game go on), and...graphics are..ugh.

I think fanboy glasses are being used when so desperately searching for such similarities.

Come on, the vehicle has 4 tires and 4 seats, not exactly unfuckingcommon.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Flip the script.

Imagine the outcry in the Halo threads if people kept coming in saying that the Mongoose looks just like a generic off the shelf 4 wheel ATV. Ban quads from all future shooters because Halo invented them!!! In reality the similarities end with the size and the front scrape bar that is standard for quads.

What does that leave you with? The ATV with a rear mounted machine gun? OMG it has two tail lights too!! Bungie must've invented that one too.

karasu

I swear I read a preview that said this game's intent was to be generic and make the player think about other FPS. I thought it was supposd to be an effect of the juice.

dfyb

Banned
Fox said:
simpy, they're embarassing IDENTICAL.
halo copied the "mongoose" straight out of tribes 2 (look at early screenshots to find tribes 2 ATV), along with the style for some of their other vehicles. you guys can seriously shut up about games "copying halo" - halo is not exactly the most original game in the first place.

the jeep with a mounted gun does not look like the warthog.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
The Lamonster said:
Hahahaha this game is such a Halo ripoff, you know it's true.

It may have very similar vehicle sequences but the proper shooting should be very different thanks to Nectar powers.

So it definately rips off a few things from Halo, but for the most part, that's what game design is: doing what other games did well, and putting your own spin on it.

vilmer_

dfyb said:
halo copied the "mongoose" straight out of tribes 2 (look at early screenshots to find tribes 2 ATV), along with the style for some of their other vehicles. you guys can seriously shut up about games "copying halo" - halo is not exactly the most original game in the first place.

I agree, fully.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
karasu said:
I swear I read a preview that said this game's intent was to be generic and make the player think about other FPS. I thought it was supposd to be an effect of the juice.

Not sure about that. Would make for a pretty cool twist.

Nectar is used by Mantel to dull and distract its soldiers from the horror of war. So, while you are on the juice, everything is sterilized. Once you are taken off the feed, you see the corpses, the bloods, the horror. And the Warthog.

TDG

Banned
Beatbox said:
Flip the script.

Imagine the outcry in the Halo threads if people kept coming in saying that the Mongoose looks just like a generic off the shelf 4 wheel ATV. Ban quads from all future shooters because Halo invented them!!! In reality the similarities end with the size and the front scrape bar that is standard for quads.

What does that leave you with? The ATV with a rear mounted machine gun? OMG it has two tail lights too!! Bungie must've invented that one too.
Denial like this cracks me up. Bungie has done the FPS before. All these other posers are just copying them.

It's so obvious, too:
1081_0001.jpg

Does the way he holds this gun look familiar? OF COURSE! That's because it's sort of similar to Halo's Brute Shot. And, they both shoot stuff. BLATANT RIP-OFF!
What about this screen?
1081_0002.jpg

Look how he holds the gun after the melee attack, another mechanic stolen from Halo. He can't turn the gun a different way for a melee? BLATANT RIP-OFF!

This game isn't doing anything that Halo hasn't already done sort-of similar or invented. Haze doesn't have 3-player co-op or 5-player co-op, it has 4-player co-op. More stealing from Halo. It's so disappointing. With this amount of ripping-off, they at least need to give Bungie a shout-out in the credits!

And of course they'll have credits, since Halo has credits. Halo invents credits after a game, and Haze will likely STEAL that too.

dfyb said:

THANK you.

the disgruntled gamer said:
BitchHaloRulesBitch

GTFO...

OF LIFE

halo invented the banshee

the shrike was a preemptive ripoff

just like the beowulf was a preemptive scorpion ripoff

Halo didn't invent the hovering alien ship though.

Hell, the developers even said they took inspiration from tribes. This shouldn't be news to anyone, Hollywood thrives on the stealing of ideas and repackaging them.

tribal24

Banned
GSG Flash said:
I think it looks better than Halo 3. Unfortunately we can't get a good discussion going on about the screens, when and why exactly did NeoGAF turn into NeoFAQS?

neofaqs starts weekends

Steroyd

What about this screen?
1081_0002.jpg

Look how he holds the gun after the melee attack, another mechanic stolen from Halo. He can't turn the gun a different way for a melee? BLATANT RIP-OFF!

Wait a minute that melee attack looks like Resistance, so Haze copied Halo who copied Resistance, THE PLOT THICKENS.

Wait a minute the shield grenade looks like Resistance's backlash grenade OMG Bungie nicked the shield grenade idea off Resistance too, OMG HALO COPIED RESISTANCE.

G-Bus

Banned
Looks alright. Little bland with the textures. I'll have to wait for impressions before i decide anything.

I'm looking forward to all the horrid Halo comparisons. :lol

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Cerebral Palsy said:
Blows Halo 2.1 away visually. Looks to play better also. Just another AAA title for the PS3.

I find your name offensive and your post banworthy.

Unless it's a joke. In that case :lol

TDG

Banned
Steroyd said:
Wait a minute that melee attack looks like Resistance, so Haze copied Halo who copied Resistance, THE PLOT THICKENS.

Wait a minute the shield grenade looks like Resistance's backlash grenade OMG Bungie nicked the shield grenade idea off Resistance too, OMG HALO COPIED RESISTANCE.
Nope, Halo is the beginning of it all. This "Tribes" thing is a myth. Halo had all these ideas at the beginning of time, but didn't use all of them in the games, so many things you see everyday, like computers, internet forums, and toasters are rip-offs of Halo, though you may not think so at first.

At first there was nothing. Then there was Halo.

Steroyd

Nope, Halo is the beginning of it all. This "Tribes" thing is a myth. Halo had all these ideas at the beginning of time, but didn't use all of them in the games, so many things you see everyday, like computers, internet forums, and toasters are rip-offs of Halo, though you may not think so at first.

At first there was nothing. Then there was Halo.

My god you mean Halo went back in time to before Castle Wolfenstein the first ever FPS and created the FPS genre my god Halo re-wrote history or didn't in this case.

I find the promotional material more interesting than anything I've seen from the actual game. And by promotional material I mean the very first trailer they released. The one with Mantel guy telling you to "fight...the good fight!" Made me a bit sad when they announced the game wouldn't have any cutscenes. Mantel guy is awesome. RIP. :(

Most things about the game sound and look good enough, but it doesn't really appeal to me. Needs the thing™. It's kinda like Kane & Lynch; the gameplay seems merely decent, it's the cinematic presentation and writing that sucks me in. Free Radical hasn't really shown much of the story, or the multiplayer, so hopefully that stuff will kick ass.

I also hope they've done something about that Hotel level. Looked incredibly dull in the demonstration.

vilmer_

Steroyd said:
My god you mean Halo went back in time to before Castle Wolfenstein the first ever FPS and created the FPS genre my god Halo re-wrote history or didn't in this case.

Wolf 3D was a blatant ripoff of Halo.

TDG

Banned
Steroyd said:
No, Halo made history a certain way so you wouldn't know it created everything. Halo is modest that way.

Now, don't question this anymore. It's like the old "How are babies made" question. The Arbiter brings them to mommy and daddy in his banshee, and that's all you need to know.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Anyways, I'm pretty sure at least 8 of the regular GAF Resistance clan guys said they were getting this game....can't wait to play some co-op.

No, Halo made history a certain way so you wouldn't know it created everything. Halo is modest that way.

Now, don't question this anymore. It's like the old "How are babies made" question. The Arbiter brings them to mommy and daddy in his banshee, and that's all you need to know.

Your avatar explains so much.

Frenck

Banned
You guys have found a brilliant excuse for this game to be as generic as it is. I applaud you.

btw.

Looks like a Halo rip-off, am I the only one who noticed that?

Raist

Banned
Frenck said:
You guys have found a brilliant excuse for this game to be as generic as it is. I applaud you.

btw.

Looks like a Halo rip-off, am I the only one who noticed that?

Sounds 'bout right

Barnolde

Banned
This game isn't doing anything that Halo hasn't already done sort-of similar or invented. Haze doesn't have 3-player co-op or 5-player co-op, it has 4-player co-op. More stealing from Halo. It's so disappointing. With this amount of ripping-off, they at least need to give Bungie a shout-out in the credits!

And of course they'll have credits, since Halo has credits. Halo invents credits after a game, and Haze will likely STEAL that too.

:lol

Top Bottom