• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

50 million PS4s sold-through as of 6th December 2016

Quentin

Banned
Do Sony or MS count games with bundles as sales?

If So Uncharted 4 is in the 4th quarter jacking up shots up by 40 points. Padding those stats

Sony said we good with a COD bundle (maybe later)

We gonna let Uncharted feast on the comp

Fdkn

Do Sony or MS count games with bundles as sales?

If So Uncharted 4 is in the 4th quarter jacking up shots up by 40 points. Padding those stats

Sony said we good with a COD bundle (maybe later)

We gonna let Uncharted feast on the comp

Of course they do, why shouldn't they?

Happy and sad at the same time. Happy that PS4s are selling well, but sad that we'll inevitably get a PS5 Pro :-(.

Same here my man. I think it will not come back to the way it used to be and it just sucks. Clearly the second job thing was the plan all along.

PS2 had 51.20 million shipped at this point I believe.

PS2 hit 100m shipped about 66 months in according to Wiki. PS4 is 36 months old I think.

Since these PS4 numbers are SELL-THROUGH numbers and the PS2 numbers were SHIPPED numbers, doesn't that mean that PS4 is likely ahead of PS2? (Or at least equal to)

Wollan

From their twitter: https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/806543000985804800

"Over 50 million of you have joined the best place to play. Thank you for being a part of the community!"

CzFqY5OXcAAcFzM.jpg:large

Unknown?

Hasn't MS only won August thru October? And one of those by 1500 consoles?

Whoops. I didn't realize Microsoft won July.
July was only by 1500 consoles. So yeah MS didn't win most of the months but that mentality is just what MS wants. They want to fool you with trash PR and it looks like it worked on some. Haha

Raylan

Banned
With the staked Q1 line up, it should hit 60 million by March.
Amazing results.
Yep. I think they will reach their 60 million shipped target in Q1.

Since these PS4 numbers are SELL-THROUGH numbers and the PS2 numbers were SHIPPED numbers, doesn't that mean that PS4 is likely ahead of PS2? (Or at least equal to)
Bu....but that can't be right. I heard it's CLEARLY only shipped numbers!!!!!!!!!1

awesome! unfortunately for me there are no more exclusives that interested me so I got an XB1 then The Last of Us 2 was announced and now I kinda regret selling it. Should've not been a tight ass and just bought the XB1 and kept my PS4. here's hoping I can get a cheap PS4 in 2018 or TLOU2 comes to PS5. been on Playstation since 1995 and I'll be back for the PS5.

I bought an xbox one S after i bought my PS4 Pro when I traded my OG PS4 in but mainly it's for the uhd player. I've It came with Gears 4 and I bought Quantum Break for the free Alan Wake.

I'm curious though if you didn't see anything on PS4, with Horizon, Spiderman, GOW, Death Stranding, The Last Guardian, and FF15, what on the xbox one were you looking forward to that compelled you to sell your PS4 and pick it up instead?

I could use some pointers on what to expect. Like you I've primarily been a PS player for as long as I remember but I did have an xbox 360 for a minute and now I have an Xbox one.

the rumors of the death for consoles have been greatly exaggerated

Yeah I remember around launch it was a very common talking point that the entire console / AAA market was doomed. And that these consoles would be hugely front loaded.

Neither of these thoughts have panned out

Oh. My. God.

Best GAF thread ever. I wish I was here around that time.

Jesus Christ, I am laughing so hard lol

*Company which sold consistently the most consoles worldwide at the time of the thread suddenly isn't relevant anymore

People were pretty dumb.

This thread will never be not funny. This (as well as any time a business thread pops up) is exactly why gaffers need to check their bias and realize they are horrible at predicting future events
They just can't separate the bias and business. It is like pulling teeth. Like, I prefer PS but that doesn't stop me from recognizing the strength of other competitors or situations where PS doesn't stack up. The world isn't going to end by doing that lol.

Top Bottom