• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

8.4 mil PS4 shippeds during Oct-Dec 2015

Time for the regularly scheduled quarterly financials from Sony.

Q3 2015 Summary :
8.4 mil PS4s shipped, up from 6.4 mil last year.
No change in FY forecast of 17.5 mil by March 16.

Q3 2015 Financial Year Shipment (Oct-Dec 2015) :
8.4 mil PS4s were shipped to retailers during this time window.
Up 2 mil compared to Q3 2014, which was 6.4 mil.
Details on PS3/PSVita shipment are not shared.

PS4 Shipment LTD (as of 31st December 2015) :
This puts PS4's overall shipment total @ 37.7 million PS4s

Comparisons with Sell-trough & Inventory :
Comparatively, their sell-through figure as of roughly the same timeframe is 35.9 mil PS4s
This means they've got roughly 1.8 mil PS4s of inventory, which looking at their sales trend during non-holiday seasons, would imply a stock level of 1.5~2 months.
This is a bit higher than their usual one-month stock holding, which might imply why they have not raised units sold forecast for Jan-Mar 2016, since they are probably focusing on ensuring lower stockholding going into FY2016.

Forecast for the Q4 2015 (Jan-Mar 2016) :
Maintaining 17.5 PS4s as their sales target for 2015 financial year.
Maintained revenue forecast as well.
Increased operating income forecast slightly, due to higher margin digital/network sales outperforming their expectations.
This is in spite of a 'first-party title delay' which was significant enough for it to be mentioned as a income factor in their quarterlies coughuncharted4cough

Overview of what this quarter has delivered for Playstation:
Courtesy of my fine fellow GAFers and an ex-GAFer.

Income growth & profitability of Playstation 4 business :
Game division made 40 billion yen ($330 million) operating income during the quarter.

83 billion yen in this FY so far (Q1 - Q3), game division has the potential to exceed 100 billion yen by the end of this FY. That would be comparable to the PS2 best year profit (113 billion yen in 2002).

SCE Summary of Q3 Performance feat Druckley & Andrew House :
mUaTZjS.png

a4gPv7R.jpg

Charts & MAUs, just kaz :

Trojan

Sony continuing to sell PS4's like they're going out of style. Curious how the company re-org this week will help them improve PS4 network services and the first party lineup.

Game division made 40 billion yen ($330 million) operating income during the quarter.

83 billion yen in this FY so far (Q1 - Q3), game division has the potential to exceed 100 billion yen by the end of this FY. That would be comparable to the PS2 best year profit (113 billion yen in 2002).

Putting aside the Financial Services segment, the Game & Network Services is the most profitable segment of Sony Corp for the fiscal year.

Sony Corp net income for april-december 2015 is 236 billion yen (1,96 billion dollars).

crinale

PS4 selling good as usual
TV division is now profitable
Mobile division now profitable

..am I reading this right?

RexNovis

Banned
OK so if I am reading this chart correctly

Then the PS4 SW and HW sale gains were more than enough to offset PS3 HW + SW losses. WHich is in stark contrast with the Microsoft report earlier where profits were down due to lower 360 sales meaning that their XB1 HW + SW sales were not high enough to offset the loss on 360s.

I really hope Morpheus (I like that name better!) further accelerates the trend! Very happy to see the best console in the lead.

Top Bottom