• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

80s style synth-pop/electro synth/cyberpunk music

Makeup and Vanity Set's double LP is surpassing my high expectations. It grows on me every time I listen to it.

Seriously considering the vinyl but ordering it from Canada adds up to about 60 bucks. And I don't even have a turntable haha.

This was bound to happen:

a0430082579_10.jpg

1. Lazerhawk - Escape From Germany 05:14
2. Irving Force - Backalley Creepers 2 04:38
3. Who Ha - That Thing 06:00
4. GUNSHIP - Pink Mist 04:02
5. VHS Glitch - He Sees You 04:44
6. Beckett - I Know I'm Human 04:51
7. Amplitude Problem - Tomb of Khufu 03:20
8. SATORI IN BED - Escape From Duality 03:40
9. Synaptyx - Lawless Streets 04:51
10. Jon of the Shred - Obey, Consume... Escape 05:23
11. Jaunter - Anti-Hero 03:53
12. SHIO-Z - No Bloody Trust 03:51
13. 20SIX Hundred - Collapse of Classical Reality 05:34
14. Fixions - Fogs 03:37
15. Speed Machine - Revenge of a Blind In One Eye 03:09
16. STRSGN - Full Eclipse (Catherine's Theme) 03:14
17. Bionic Resistance - In the Deadly Cold 06:12
18. Marcon - MacReady's Last Stand 05:34
19. Europaweite Aussichten - Saintanic 04:57
20. Hide & Sequence - Ghosts 03:50

Bandcamp page: http://retropromenade.bandcamp.com/album/carpenter

I'm at work now, so I haven't been able to listen to it yet. Can't wait until I get home!
Oh my lord, this looks phenomenal.

retroman

I stumbled upon Nightboat a few days ago when browsing Bandcamp, and I was immediately impressed!

It doesn't happen often that I buy all the albums of an artist after listening to just a minute or so of his/her music, but that's what happened when I listened to Nightboat!

Instantly catchy melodies and fantastic sounding synths. Highly recommended!

So... Dance with the dead and Gost summer tour!

San Diego,
L.A. (Or orange co.),
Fresno,
San Francisco,
Portland
Seattle

no dates/ venues yet.

cj_iwakura

That dude in the video is Aaron Paul who played Jessie in Breaking Bad, which you should watch immediately.

Edit: Hang on a second, I'm a big fat idiot.

Cool song btw, I like it, which is more than I can say of the Hasselhoff one, even with Mitch Murder involved.

They're pretty different, to be fair. True Survivor is hot-blooded WE WILL FIGHT 80s music, while that was more of a romantic track.

That dude in the video is Aaron Paul who played Jessie in Breaking Bad, which you should watch immediately.

D'oh! I'm actually a huge Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul fan, just completely forgot that the version of the song I linked to was spliced with Need For Speed footage.

guess you didn't notice my avatar... admittedly the image quality is not great

D'oh! I'm actually a huge Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul fan, just completely forgot that the version of the song I linked to was spliced with Need For Speed footage.

guess you didn't notice my avatar... admittedly the image quality is not great

I did notice it after I made the post, just look at my edit. In my defense, it was late and I was focusing more on that song than anything else.

I've been listening to Carpenter Brut, Dance With The Dead, and that new GosT album lately during my jogging/workout sessions. I think I lost about 5 pounds in the past two weeks. Yay me.

This is me waiting for the new Power Glove album

tumblr_mv9h58NJux1r9e2uvo1_500.gif

I've been listening to Carpenter Brut, Dance With The Dead, and that new GosT album lately during my jogging/workout sessions. I think I lost about 5 pounds in the past two weeks. Yay me.

Same here with Carpenter Brut and GosT, that retrowave fuel is the best.

Atrophis

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Capenter Brut Trilogy LP has sold out :(

He only gave three days notice it was going on sale. Pretty shitty. I was checking his facebook a couple of times a week and I still missed it.

Shaneus

Is there a somewhat curated list of all this music on Spotify? I noticed the billion-song one (which I'm now following) but anything drivey (suitable for a game like Driveclub) would be perfect. I'm thinking a la the two songs I posted below, Satanic Rites by Perturbator etc.

Has anyone been listening to St. Lucia? Some comments online compare their sound to M83.

Here's "Elevate" (September 87 remix)
Discovered St. Lucia early last year, fucking love their stuff. I'd only just heard that September 87 remix now, and jesus christ it's insane.

This is a great track by whoever Sept 87 is. Shame none of their stuff is on Spotify, it would be perfect for Driveclub.

Bumhead

Banned

Add in Perturbator and that's my 4 go-to's at the gym now. Insane stuff.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Capenter Brut Trilogy LP has sold out :(

He only gave three days notice it was going on sale. Pretty shitty. I was checking his facebook a couple of times a week and I still missed it.

As someone who recently started collecting vinyl and listening to this stuff at the same sort of time, it cheeses me off just how limited those print runs are.

X-Frame

Is it just me or is Carpenter Brut's songs way louder than normal?

I have to reduce the volume by 10-15% for those songs to match other synth songs, for example.

Corpsepyre

Banned
People, check the Twin Peaks synth album, The Next Peak. It's fucking beautiful!

It's out on Retro Promenade's bandcamp page. Been playing it a lot, and it's amaaaaaazing!

People, check the Twin Peaks synth album, The Next Peak. It's fucking beautiful!

It's out on Retro Promenade's bandcamp page. Been playing it a lot, and it's amaaaaaazing!

I like the first one but the following ones have been very disappointing. And I'm a huge Twin Peaks nut.

ShaneB

This is what should be used in No Man's Sky: https://simulakron.bandcamp.com/releases

It's the guitar player of Horse the Band teamed with a DJ from Russia creating a very 80's sci-fi adeventure theme.

Here's one song put to video, a collection of early sci-fi film clips: https://youtu.be/LLYPSY1AwEQ

Oh this is terrific stuff, thank you for sharing.

This one is nice and chilled.

Shook - Spectrum

Really digging this as well!

Here's a channel that I've been subscribed to for a long time that I think is worth mentioning.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Crockettt184/videos

Miami Vice had an official score release and it's pretty great but obviously a lot of background music is still missing. That's where this guy comes in.

I'm not sure if those are all cleaned up rips, or if they're recomposed, but either way, they sound really authentic and there's a lot of unreleased stuff. I'm not sure if he's the one responsible for them either, but he seems to host the biggest selection.

This is one of my favorites:

Trudy's Theme

On a similiar note:

I'm sure a lot of you guys know Paula's Theme, the song that plays during the opening dance of the "Running Man" game show in...Running Man.

This one right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbI-TM6WXHc

Never officially released anywhere, but this dude right here did a pretty authentic cover.

Running Man - Paula's Theme

Top Bottom