• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

90 days to Mars. What games would you bring to spend the time with?

Benedict

80-90 days is what Elon Musk say they aim for their interplanetary travel to Mars.
That is both long and quick, depending how you see on it.
What games would you bring to make the voyage more pleasant, keeping your sanity? And lasts for the journey
Not discussing education, books or movies here, just games. Available today or released soon.

Would it be a nostalgic trip, working on your backlog or a mix of games giving you maybe open world to compensate the cramped living quarters on the ship?

Presuming the tech is ready to roll by 2023, I could see VR being a good use of the time. Give me a good version of GTA, Minecraft, and/or Fallout in VR - I'd be good for a nice long time.

Benedict

I still have Witcher 3 to play through.
But would also enjoy maybe Minecraft and some more light hearted games.
Some RPGs like the last Elder scrolls would be nice as well as some Nintendo classics.
Not sure Fallout 4 and similar games I usually like would be healthy though.

Give me Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5, Final Fantasy XII and Tetris and I'll make 90 days fly right by.

If I'm only allowed one game,
fuck you, I'm bringing 4

Atilac

A bunch of ps1 and SNES roms with appropriate emulators. EU4, HOI4, FTL, Halcyon 6, Darkest Dungeon, the enhanced versions of the old infinity engine games, Pillars of eternity, wasteland 2 directors cut, and mario kart 8 amd wii u smash with enough controllers for splitscreen.

Mostly big story based JRPGs, since I'd have the time to appreciate them.

Stuff like Breath of Fire III, Dragon Quest V, Suikoden 1/2, Vandal Hearts, Dragon Warrior Monsters, Shining Force 3s1-3, Grandia, Chrono Trigger, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Skies of Arcadia, etc, etc

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
If MMOs count then FF14.
Other than that, probably some Tycoon games and lengthy rpgs to pass the time.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Civ 5

Dark Souls for something with more action

both of those games have a lot of replay value

Every Pokemon game so I can finally "Catch Em All" while doing the Nuzlocke challenge.
I'm sure that'll be enough time for me.

Also, the box set of Friends and Simpsons (Seasons 1-10)

PES or FIFA, in case I need my football fix. Then, probably Mario Kart to play with other people on the ship, and lastly some JRPGs when I'm alone. I'm thinking of Persona 4, Ni No Kuni, and Suikoden I & II.

Would LAN be possible within the ship? If so Rocket League 150%, along with other multiplayer games to play on LAN with other passengers. Overwatch, Street Fighter.

And yeah, as has already been said, a slew of RPGs to get lost in, both new and old.

i cram whatever the current best build of dolphin is onto a laptop and spend some time leveling up at melee.

then some rpgs for when i need something lower-key.

Top Bottom