• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"____ just shot themselves in the foot": SHUT UP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I am familiar with all internet traditions, and yeah, it's annoying.

Not as annoying as "it's a slippery slope." Because those are always a rationalization for turning something reasonable (i.e. gay marraige) into something completely fucking stupid (children marrying goats).

MisterHero

beelzebozo said:
give them a break. unfunny people need a format through which they can feel witty, too.
I'm grasping for the hope that GAF has home-grown memes to include in GAFopoly

Mamesj

Banned
MisterHero said:
I'm grasping for the hope that GAF has home-grown memes to include in GAFopoly
There are no gaf memes, only memes gaf steals from other sites and calls it's own. Except for Rickroll, amazingly enough :lol

that joke aside, I am a bit tired of the ffxiii meme. It needs a long rest.

MisterHero

Mamesj said:
There are no gaf memes, only memes gaf steals from other sites and calls it's own. Except for Rickroll, amazingly enough :lol

GAF helped make Rickroll? :O

Zenith

Banned
Tntnnbltn said:
I find it quite ironic that despite everything we take, we can still claim to be the original source of the Rickroll. :D

semi-original. It spawned from duckroll's name but that was on 4chan.

Tntnnbltn

Zenith said:
semi-original. It spawned from duckroll's name but that was on 4chan.
And his avatar, I believe. (But yeah, it wouldn't have happened without 4chan's involvement.)

The origin of rickrolling goes back three years and involves an egg, a duck without feet and the video game "Grand Theft Auto."

In keeping with silly Internet humor, the director of the image-sharing Web site 4chan, who goes by the handle "moot," decided he'd play a joke and change the word "egg" to "duck" every time a user posted a message.

In time the phenomenon spread, and the word "eggroll" was replaced by "duckroll." When someone came up with the idea to redirect Internet links to an image of a duck on wheels, rickrolling's forebear, "duckrolling," was born.

lastendconductor

Put your snobby liquids into my mouth!
GAF just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about internet culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like real life where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over on the internet, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is internet users, after seeing this meme repeated ad nauseam, are not going to want to post here again, nor will they read our threads anymore. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but GAF has alienated the entire internets with this move.

GAF , publicly apologize and ban this meme or you can kiss your site goodbye.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
A lot of memes get old fast... this one however has remained funny for me. Maybe because it's the first and only meme I saw given birth with my own eyes. I will never forget that thread so long as I live.

I hope this meme continues.
Guled said:
FoneBone just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Neogaf culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like Gamefaqs where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over on Gaf, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is Gaf users, after reading this thread, is not going to want to reply to any of FoneBone's posts again, nor will they read anymore of his threads. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but FoneBone has alienated an entire fourm with this move.

FoneBone , publicly apologize and close this thread or you can kiss your Gaf account goodbye.
Fucking glorious.

alterno69

Banned
Forceatowulf said:
A lot of memes get old fast... this one however has remained funny for me. Maybe because it's the first and only meme I saw given birth with my own eyes. I will never forget that thread so long as I live.

I hope this meme continues.

Fucking glorious.

It was a glorious day and i got to witness it first hand which makes it even more awesome, also the original post is so hilarous and applies to practically any subject which makes it even funnier, it's perfect really.

Bit-Bit

Mamesj said:

Rick Roll is from GAF?!?!?!

News to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom