• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Fatal Familial Irony: A Father and Son Kill Each Other

BluRayHiDef

Banned
A father typically sees his son as the means via which his legacy will live on after his death. However, 60-year-old Kelvin James Coker wasn't the typical father, as he apparently valued his dogs more than his son, 32-year-old Kelvin Nicholas Coker.

While Nicholas, his girlfriend and her child were over at James' home, James' dogs attacked the child. In retaliation, Nicholas shot at the dogs, killing two of them. He - along with his girlfriend and her child - subsequently left James' home - James being unaware at that time that two of his dogs had been shot to death.

However, upon discovering the gruesome scene of his dead dogs, James armed himself with a gun and drove to his son's house, where he questioned his son about the two dead dogs; his son admitted to killing them.

He subsequently shot his son in the thigh and his son shot him at close range with a shot gun. They both died of their injuries at the scene.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
C’mon man, this story is tragically hilarious. It’s like redneck Shakespeare.
original.gif

Jethalal

Banned
How do you know they’re unhinged until they use them
Personally I am against guns in general. In my country guns aren't common and there are no school shootings and less violence in general. A case could be made for them that you might wanna retaliate against thieves or maybe snatchers on roads, but in such situations you likely won't possess guns anyways. I have never seen a shooting in my life.

Papa

Banned
Personally I am against guns in general. In my country guns aren't common and there are no school shootings and less violence in general. A case could be made for them that you might wanna retaliate against thieves or maybe snatchers on roads, but in such situations you likely won't possess guns anyways. I have never seen a shooting in my life.

Sounds like a lucky country

That's a pretty cold response to such a horrible situation. Besides, I think that only the father was in the wrong; the son was the victim.
It doesn't even say that the dogs attacked the kid, though. The article quotes the chief investigator who states that:
Nicholas Coker allegedly started shooting at four of the family dogs after one of them started messing with his girlfriend’s young child.
So he starts shooting wildly at the dogs after ONE of them "started messing" with his girlfriend's young child (don't talk to me or my girlfriend's son again btw). And then he leaves the scene with the dead dogs just lying there? Fuck that dude.

The Darwinism post is 100% correct. Bunch of dumb hicks with guns who also don't deserve dogs.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
It doesn't even say that the dogs attacked the kid, though. The article quotes the chief investigator who states that:

So he starts shooting wildly at the dogs after ONE of them "started messing" with his girlfriend's young child (don't talk to me or my girlfriend's son again btw). And then he leaves the scene with the dead dogs just lying there? Fuck that dude.

The Darwinism post is 100% correct. Bunch of dumb hicks with guns who also don't deserve dogs.

"Messing with" is vague enough to potentially mean harming or potentially harming. Having said that, even if the son was not justified in killing the dogs, their lives were not worth a human life.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Let me tell you a story about dogs, a child and his family in Alabama.

My wife grew up in small town Alabama, one of her friends sisters is married and has a young child at the time. They were over at the daughters families house and the young child was playing with the small house dog. The child did something that caused the dog to nip at the child. No injuries or anything just a little scare. The dad then a few days later went to the in-laws house when they were not home and got the dog drove out to the woods and killed it. The grand-parents returned home and wondered where their dog was, called the daughter she didn't know. She asked her husband and he said "I took care of the dog". This was a shock and created great strain in the family, and most likely still does.

Now if I was the grandfather in this situation, I would be livid.....but do you press charges and cause more issues....how do you deal with a person that takes it upon themselves to enact their own justice when that person is married to your child?

DESTROYA

They are all so stupid, both sound like psychopaths and deserve each other.
Sounded like the son was mostly at fault, article isn’t really clear what the dogs did do the small kid but it doesn’t sound that serious
Chief investigator for the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, Blake Richardson, says Nicholas Coker allegedly started shooting at four of the family dogs after one of them started messing with his girlfriend’s young child.

Two of the dogs were killed, one of them was his own, the other was his fathers.

Bunch of clowns all around

Top Bottom