• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Fatal Familial Irony: A Father and Son Kill Each Other

BluRayHiDef

Banned
They are all so stupid, both sound like psychopaths and deserve each other.
Sounded like the son was mostly at fault, article isn’t really clear what the dogs did do the small kid but it doesn’t sound that serious

Bunch of clowns all around

Wow, he killed his own dog? Maybe it got caught in the crossfire.

lock2k

Banned
Let me tell you a story about dogs, a child and his family in Alabama.

My wife grew up in small town Alabama, one of her friends sisters is married and has a young child at the time. They were over at the daughters families house and the young child was playing with the small house dog. The child did something that caused the dog to nip at the child. No injuries or anything just a little scare. The dad then a few days later went to the in-laws house when they were not home and got the dog drove out to the woods and killed it. The grand-parents returned home and wondered where their dog was, called the daughter she didn't know. She asked her husband and he said "I took care of the dog". This was a shock and created great strain in the family, and most likely still does.

Now if I was the grandfather in this situation, I would be livid.....but do you press charges and cause more issues....how do you deal with a person that takes it upon themselves to enact their own justice when that person is married to your child?

If anyone touches a hair of my dog I'll give hell to the motherfucker.

Mistake

Sounds like the dad was just doing what's right, and protected the kid. Grandfather was the problem. Imagine if they didn't have guns and the kid got mangled

Last edited:

kretos

Banned
QuestionableFondBobwhite-size_restricted.gif

Dacon

Banned
That's a pretty cold response to such a horrible situation. Besides, I think that only the father was in the wrong; the son was the victim.

Do you ever get tired of being such a quivering waif? If we spent every moment being heartbroken over every tragedy happening all the time we wouldn't be able to function. There's been several moments in my life where laughter was the only way for me to stomach the horror occurring in my daily life.

You're right though the father was clearly in the wrong and deserved the shotgun to the face.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I would have never guessed these two angels would be warring to the bitter end.

The Washington County Sheriff’s Office says they’ve responded to a number of violent incidents over the years at the Coker family’s property.

Deputies had just been out there for another incident last week.

Fox10 News also learned from the sheriff’s office that back in 2012 James Coker shot his other son three times in the arm and was charged with first degree assault.

5fe0ce7756c44.image.jpg

Last edited:
It's India, we have many problems but thankfully not this.

Isn't india famous for mob justice? Like someone will make a scandalous accusation, a mob forms and they beat the accused to death? I was under the impression that was a common occurrence to the point that your country is a well known place to look for people who enjoy watching real uncensored violence.

Jethalal

Banned
Isn't india famous for mob justice? Like someone will make a scandalous accusation, a mob forms and they beat the accused to death? I was under the impression that was a common occurrence to the point that your country is a well known place to look for people who enjoy watching real uncensored violence.
Mostly in rural areas, I live in one of the most urban cities. Low school attendance by poor people and high population factors into this. I have only witnessed it like once I believe and that was a guy who stole a wallet and was then caught. I am personally against this though, police are there for a reason and there's no need to be self-deemed vigilantes IMO.

"Messing with" is vague enough to potentially mean harming or potentially harming. Having said that, even if the son was not justified in killing the dogs, their lives were not worth a human life.
There is no mention of injuries on the child, so I'm inclined to believe "messing with" means just playing and the guy completely misinterpreted it. I've known many dogs that sound angry (growling, snarling, etc.) when they're just playing.
I would have never guessed these two angels would be warring to the bitter end.

The Washington County Sheriff’s Office says they’ve responded to a number of violent incidents over the years at the Coker family’s property.

Deputies had just been out there for another incident last week.

Fox10 News also learned from the sheriff’s office that back in 2012 James Coker shot his other son three times in the arm and was charged with first degree assault.

5fe0ce7756c44.image.jpg
Like I said in the first page: dumb hicks with guns

Last edited:

BlackTron

Let me tell you a story about dogs, a child and his family in Alabama.

My wife grew up in small town Alabama, one of her friends sisters is married and has a young child at the time. They were over at the daughters families house and the young child was playing with the small house dog. The child did something that caused the dog to nip at the child. No injuries or anything just a little scare. The dad then a few days later went to the in-laws house when they were not home and got the dog drove out to the woods and killed it. The grand-parents returned home and wondered where their dog was, called the daughter she didn't know. She asked her husband and he said "I took care of the dog". This was a shock and created great strain in the family, and most likely still does.

Now if I was the grandfather in this situation, I would be livid.....but do you press charges and cause more issues....how do you deal with a person that takes it upon themselves to enact their own justice when that person is married to your child?

Wow. If it was me in this situation, and my dog, I would have destroyed his life. No, I wouldn't have started a firefight like the idiots in the OP, but I would make sure he regretted this act every single day for the rest of his life.

I would tell my kid sorry, you married a loony idiot. With what is about to happen to him, he will no longer be able to take care of you.

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Wow. If it was me in this situation, and my dog, I would have destroyed his life. No, I wouldn't have started a firefight like the idiots in the OP, but I would make sure he regretted this act every single day for the rest of his life.

I would tell my kid sorry, you married a loony idiot. With what is about to happen to him, he will no longer be able to take care of you.
I think that is a natural response. But the pain and the grief for the wife and children and everyone involved is not made better by destroying the foolish person. But clearly a person not understanding boundaries and respecting family is a major issue. It seems like an impossible situation.

navii

My fantasy is that my girlfriend was actually a young high school girl.
Just don't let me see you shoot no dogs.

BlackTron

I think that is a natural response. But the pain and the grief for the wife and children and everyone involved is not made better by destroying the foolish person. But clearly a person not understanding boundaries and respecting family is a major issue. It seems like an impossible situation.

Possibly less than the pain and grief that would be caused by having that dumb ass as a dad.

luffie

They looked as expected. Stereotypes really do come from somewhere.

Lmao, the moment i read the son left the 2 dead dogs and never even notify the father i knew this whole family is fucked up.

If i break vase at someone's house, I will definitely tell them I'm sorry.

Top Bottom