• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A look at Youtube trailer views for E3 2016

Interesting. From the countless stats posted regarding Zelda's popularity you would think it'd have the highest number of views.
Different metrics show different things, Zelda had the highest social media interaction going along with it. At the same time, the demo was literally running all day. Same way how Watch Dog's 2 ads are everywhere so it shows up interest in views.

Ploid 3.0

Why do people like Watch Dogs? The first one was terrible and this looks like more of the same. It's filled with cringe worthy dialogue and edgy tryhard characters. Am I out of touch? Is it me?

I liked the first one's gameplay. The things I felt needed work were performance, distractions (random stuff to do in the world), a interesting character, and a new more vibrant location. They seemed to fix that stuff, it reminds me of GTA:SA, and the story seems inspired by Mr. Robot. I'm all in!

And GT sports is at 500k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQAvaDhb8jo

Forza's biggest competition and Sony instead shows off Days Gone twice.

Right? What a severe anti-climax for an otherwise sterling conference. If they had something else originally planned but had to remove it at short notice, I'd understand, but Boyes debunked that whole rumour about RDR2 being removed at the last minute, so who knows.

Days Gone twice but no two minute space given to Gravity Rush 2 just really grinds my gears.

Sapientas

Pretty good information.
Surprised at some of these numbers, especially with Watch Dogs 2 at first place and how low Call of Duty is. The big difference between CoD and Battlefield is expected though.

Arkeband

Banned
Watch Dogs 2, really? Even though I think the game looks good, I would've figured the fist game being garbage would've killed anyones enthusiasm about this

Have gamers ever really learned this lesson from one bad game, though? They need to put their hand on the stove at least three or four times.

For OP:

Dragon Quest 7's official English trailer is sitting at 77,032 views, for what it's worth.

silva1991

I'm really surprised by Spider man views

I was expecting millions of views for it.

not surprised about Horizon and TLG views though, because no major new things was shown

TLG E3 2015 trailer had 5 millions views and Horizon had 4+ millions views.

Rue

Have gamers ever really learned this lesson from one bad game, though? They need to put their hand on the stove at least three or four times.

For OP:

Dragon Quest 7 is sitting at 77,032 views, for what it's worth.

That doesn't really work when it comes to games. Sequels are usually much improved over the originals and in Ubisoft's case, everyone is expecting a AssCreed 2 jump in quality.

Memento

Besides OP's mocking, I honestly think Youtube views is a great way of finding out which were the most popular games at E3.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
You missed For Honor's main trailer, the story one isn't there and that had more views:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=etZaAW_R7M8

What about games that had multiple trailers?

Also, what you really want is the organic vs paid ratio for views. Anyone can buy millions, but organic and search traffic is a stronger indicator of purchase intent. Play around with Google Trends.

komplanen

Besides OP's mocking, I honestly think Youtube views is a great way of finding out which were the most popular games at E3.

They don't paint the full picture, but I bet they are a somewhat accurate guesstimate at what is going on.

If game A has 2x more views than game B, it'd be kinda hard to explain game B having equal or more interest. Interest doesn't always translate into purchasing the game, though. For an example chances of me buying Watch_Dogs 2 is 0% but I watched the trailer and thought it was good enough. Farm from something I'd thumbs down.

I just hate the setting. Too much alike GTA now that they ditched the dark autumn windy rain in favour of LA 2.0

Good numbers for God of War.

Not surprised by Watch Dogs 2, it's the next thing to GTA and the first was very popular. Some seem to express it was finished or something.

Kid Ying

What about different trailers for different languages? After e3, i've only watched the Zelda trailer at Nintendo japanese channel, where it's at 800k views.

I guess most of the trailers must had somerhing like that.

Watch Dogs 2, really? Even though I think the game looks good, I would've figured the fist game being garbage would've killed anyones enthusiasm about this
You do realize not everyone thought the first game was "garbage"? And I'm happy that many can form informative opinions by looking at what they're showing and judging that rather than coloring their viewpoint with preconceived bias.

Congrats to Watch Dogs 2 I really hope they can pull it off. Personally my fav. is the GT Sport trailer, the music is so good who ever cut it did an excellent job.

paulogy

Really cool comparison. Obviously not normalized by trailer release date or anything like that, but not a bad way to see how things are stacking up (especially as more time elapses).

Now if someone could add up the views on the games featured in the Xbox conference vs. the PlayStation conference we could mathematically* determine who "won" E3 :)

*kinda

Crayolan

Something I thought was interesting--Watch Dogs 2 has a crazy low number of likes for it's viewcount (42,896 likes).

Compare that 42k to its neighbors:
Battlefield 1-290,130
God of War-169,872
Zelda: Breath of the Wild-120,240
FIFA 17-117,966

Memento

Really surprised by ReCore numbers.

Errr, I am pretty sure the views of that trailer is from youtube ads. Because it has only 6k likes. There is no way a video with 6k likes get 1million+ views. Take the Spider Man trailer as comparasion, it has basically the same amount of views, but it has 34k likes, so we can safely say that were all views without ads. Nier 2 has 6k likes too, but it has 200k views.

That is why I think OP should add the likes of each video, because in a way they show us what videos had ads views counted as normal ones, which is kind of misleading, because someone that would by himself watch the Spiderman trailer is different from someone that watched the Recore trailer before watching the video that he actually wanted to. I dont know if I am being clear ._.

viHuGi

Banned
I'm really surprised by Spider man views

I was expecting millions of views for it.

not surprised about Horizon and TLG views though, because no major new things was shown

TLG E3 2015 trailer had 5 millions views and Horizon had 4+ millions views.

How are you surprised then if is getting millions of views like you anticipated?

And GT sports is at 500k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQAvaDhb8jo

Forza's biggest competition and Sony instead shows off Days Gone twice.

Sony haven't cared about GT in years, each game has seen a massive drop in quality and promotion. This GT Sport crap will be the first game that sells less than a Forza game - book it!

tmp_3353-greenawaltegdiqnp.gif

Top Bottom