• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Night Under No Man's Sky — PSX Session (9pst)

Absolutely stellar performance. Would never have thought that the game goes so well as visualization for the music. I haven't had food yet, was freaking hungry during the show, but I just didn't want to leave till they finished. Stood around till they came back for the encore as well!

Glad you liked it man. Was the crowd pretty into it too?

Cess007

Absolutely stellar performance. Would never have thought that the game goes so well as visualization for the music. I haven't had food yet, was freaking hungry during the show, but I just didn't want to leave till they finished. Stood around till they came back for the encore as well!

Maybe i shouldn't ask, but how was the crowd reaction to this being a concert? I got kinda worried that lots of people would eventually left it they were expecting a panel or gameplay being played right there and instead got a concert.

Cramoss

I was listening to the concert while doing Christmas shopping on Amazon. The Wild Light CD landed in my shopping cart, for under the tree. For me, of course.

The show was so, so good.

4OEN3.gif

viveks86

Glad you liked it man. Was the crowd pretty into it too?

Maybe i shouldn't ask, but how was the crowd reaction to this being a concert? I got kinda worried that lots of people would eventually left it they were expecting a panel or gameplay being played right there and instead got a concert.

There were probably 500-600 of us when they finished. May be 20 people left. The rest demanded an encore and got it. It was really really good. We expecting much more new gameplay, but didn't really feel let down. It was very well put together to sync with the music

There were probably 500-600 of us when they finished. May be 20 people left. The rest demanded an encore and got it. It was really really good. We expecting much more new gameplay, but didn't really feel let down. It was very well put together to sync with the music

How many people were there at the start? Seem like the whole place was filled up, but I guess it was just late for a lot of people.

AcridMeat

Banned
I totally forgot about it and remembered at 10:30 or so. How was the footage? I see 65daysofstatic was playing which is awesome, they're a great band.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I totally forgot about it and remembered at 10:30 or so. How was the footage? I see 65daysofstatic was playing which is awesome, they're a great band.

New footage was mixed in with old footage. But the new footage was really trippy shit. Hard to tell if its from the game or made just for the show.

nictron

The concert was great and the bartenders were generous. It was a pretty cool way to end a pretty cool day. 65 will be on rotation in my house for the foreseeable future.

AcridMeat

Banned
there were some footage (some combat) but it was small

mostly concert
New footage was mixed in with old footage. But the new footage was really trippy shit. Hard to tell if its from the game or made just for the show.
Oh no kidding, was kind of hoping for more of the game. Happy more people were exposed to the music at least. Do we know if this is on PC as well or is it just PS4? In my head it was PC but maybe that was just my own presumption.

Oh and it goes without saying you guys need to listen to Mogwai if you liked the concert.

kris.

Banned
65dos plus a damn-near infinite universe to explore, I mean... RIP all social aspects of my life when this finally releases. No one will ever see me again.

Yo, semi-related but if people like 65daysofstatic and their concert they should check out Maybeshewill, Long Distance Calling, toe, and Kashiwa Daisuke.

-Ryn

Banned
People asking for a link who missed it, concert starts right after Sean's speech at 11:33:30: http://www.twitch.tv/playstation/v/3589809
http://www.twitch.tv/playstation/v/3589809

Starts around 11:33, but be aware that it's mostly a 65daysofstatic concert interspersed with mostly old gameplay footage. Some new stuff, but not nearly enough to get excited over. That being said, the concert is fucking awesome.\

edit: dammit batman
Thanks brehs

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I had to look twice to be sure that this is still in the Gaming side of the forum.

So the other side of NMS was the music, not the actual interaction with the game's world. It's good that it was so late for Europe that I went to sleep.

FuturusX

Have this thread sub'd - Thanks to all the contributors! I have a ton of work to get through tonight and 65dos will be my companion on this long road....

DrZeus

Whelp I just found my new favorite genre of music. Post rock is <3. This game looks fuckin glorious as well just from an exploration point. If the combat and other things are even have decent it will have delivered. I'm very excite!

I've never heard of this band before until today and my god do I love them. I've been listening to a band called Emancipator as of late which reminds me a lot of 65dos. I suggest you all check Emancipator out on youtube :D would link but I'm on my phone with rubbish signal.

I had to look twice to be sure that this is still in the Gaming side of the forum.

So the other side of NMS was the music, not the actual interaction with the game's world. It's good that it was so late for Europe that I went to sleep.

Yeah why don't you think of a new criticism for the game or actually wait a bit until the devs reveal more.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Yeah why don't you think of a new criticism for the game or actually wait a bit until the devs reveal more.

Are you really trying to command me what to write, think or criticize? Really?

I have patience, I can wait for another year until they decide to show the rest of the game.

Top Bottom