• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A special message from YOKO TARO

Ubernube

That's fucking hilarious. March is a death sentence though. This game deserves better!

Shoulda tried to push for a global release, especially after Persona 5 got delayed.

That said, I don't wanna wait for long either because I don't want to get spoiled. Story's super important in Yoko's games, particularly once the endings start coming into play.

WITHE1982

What a legend.

After reading Yoko Taro's interviews in Grimoire NieR and his responses to some NieR: Automata questions he swiftly becoming one of my favourite developers.

I hope the t-shirt will be available in the UK but if not I'll buy one anyway.

edit: woop! available in the UK via Amazon.

Shoulda tried to push for a global release, especially after Persona 5 got delayed.

That said, I don't wanna wait for long either because I don't want to get spoiled. Story's super important in Yoko's games, particularly once the endings start coming into play.

Yeah. I'll gladly skip Horizon:ZD and even Mass Effect for Nier:Automata but the Switch release + BOTW just murders my wallet. I can't afford (time + money) Nier just a week later.

I fully expect this to be an instant classic, though.

I'm so happy that a goofball like this continues to get work in this industry.

Was it confirmed that the Japanese release has English voice acting and text included? Seems like the delay in the West is basically just so Sony can space out Nier and Horizon's releases, same as Gravity Rush 2's delay. It would have been really nice to get a couple of weeks in with Nier before the March deluge destroys me.

Arizato

I love Yoko Taro!

And I implore people not to just import the Asian/Japanese version because it comes out a little earlier. Get the western version and show support for localizing Taro games.

Christhor

Haha this guy.

Not a lot of game directors get away with calling their company shit on screen.

The higher ups at Square Enix seem to be in love with Taro Yoko, they'll let him get away with anything and give his games way higher budgets and they should get.

Nice shirt!

Hektor

I love Yoko Taro!

And I implore people not to just import the Asian/Japanese version because it comes out a little earlier. Get the western version and show support for localizing Taro games.

82733-why-dont-we-have-both-gif-YF1l.gif

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
The higher ups at Square Enix seem to be in love with Taro Yoko, they'll let him get away with anything and give his games way higher budgets and they should get.

Nice shirt!

Er...that's not how i remember SE treating Yoko Taro, For most of his career he got bottom of the barrel projects and only now does he get an talented outsourced developer to work on his game because a fan in that circle was a fan of him.

When SE destroyed cavia and D3 was given to Access games of all people, i thought it was the last stand

Top Bottom