• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A spider whose bite can cause painful 4-hour boners found in Tesco's bananas

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinUK86

http://mashable.com/2015/03/12/banana-spider-erection-death/?utm_cid=mash-com-Tw-main-link

Maria Layton, a mother from South Wales in the UK, had a much worse experience than whatever bruised apples you've complained about. Layton became distressed when she grabbed a quick snack for her 6-year-old daughter, and noticed peculiar spots on bananas that her husband had brought home from supermarket chain Tesco. As it turns out, the fruits were infested with a Brazilian wandering spider and spider eggs.

t8Ppvv7.png

The Brazilian wandering spider is part of the genus Phoneutria, which is — fittingly — Greek for murderess. The spider's bite can cause painful erections that last approximately four hours, and can lead to impotence if it doesn't kill you first. Scientists are currently researching the venom as a potential remedy for erectile dysfunction.

HUELEN10

You know what's ironic right?

You guys do know how spiders work, right?

They literally move around on 8 throbbing boners; look it up!

Damaniel

Banned
Impotence? Raging 4 hour boners?

Sign me up! I don't want kids, so these spiders would be doing me a favor.

(Well, except for the whole painful part.)

Toxi

Banned
Speaking as someone who loves spiders and wouldn't blink at seeing a black widow, Brazilian wandering spiders are fucking terrifying. They're infamously quick to bite, and getting bitten is supposed to be one of the most painful experiences imaginable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom