• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A thread for appreciating Pokemon X and Y NPC designs (dat female Pokemon Breeder)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I really love the trainer NPCs this time around. Maybe because they aren't sprites now so we can see them clearer, but man...

My favorite of course is female breeder

VSPok%C3%A9mon_Breeder_F.png

I dunno, but she's just perfect. Has that older sister feel to her and doesn't look messed up.

My second favorite is the creepy fairy girl

VSFairy_Tale_Girl.png

It's surreal especially when matched with their dialogue (stuff like "Hehehe I am actually old enough to be your mother!"). Their whacked out personality makes them really shine.

Next up is Veteran trainer

VSVeteran_M.png
VSVeteran_F.png

Yup, just by the looks they got it. They do look like they are experts.

Now for named NPCs I have some few

XY_Valerie.png

Maybe I just love weird stuff but Valerie just fits it. Fairy type trainer who is whacked out on fairy dust and is apparently from Johto (fan theory is that she's one of the kimono girls). Those weird eyes man.

screen-shot-2013-09-13-at-6-03-29-pm.png

It's too bad they rarely appear in-game but I really love Team Flare Scientists (Bryony, Aliana, Celosia, Mable) especially in the art here. Too vogue.

Kouriozan

It's too bad they rarely appear in-game but I really love Team Flare Scientists (Bryony, Aliana, Celosia, Mable) especially in the art here. Too vogue.

I agree, I really liked them, they also needed a special battle music too like Team Galactic!

EDIT : Typo because in French they're called Team Galaxie.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
The way the female vet trainer looks like a mature 40-something is pretty neat.

fek

Valerie is my favorite, twin tail Furisode girl is up there as well. It's nice that I can easily battle them every once in a while in the Battle Chanteau.

PK Gaming

Aww, you guys picked the best NPC designs

The character designs for X&Y are great. They really stepped up their game in that department

Boss Doggie

Oh yeah there's Drasna

Possibly the coolest dragon type ever because she's gentle to you, she's not an asshole, and there's just an endearing feel to her design despite having dragon teeth all over your clothing.

ElFly

VSVeteran_M.png
VSVeteran_F.png

These fuckers look expert, but do they carry 6 pokemon of different type?

I am gonna go out on a limb and guess they carry three Ivysaurs or something stupid.

Oh wait this is the internet, I can check for myself.

Turns out only two of them, across four generations, have carried a full team. Most of them have, at best, three pokemon.

JESUS CHRIST

Boss Doggie

I think hex maniacs aren't spooky compared to their fairy tale girl sisters. Hell, one even admitted she isn't cut out to be a hex maniac.

I didn't even notice the clothing differences on the Team flare scientists until now. I appreciated the different animations each of them had though even if the 2D art looks better.

PsionBolt

My personal favourite is the female Ace Trainer.
NUnce0W.png

XY had a ton of fantastic designs though. Essentia, Waitress, Butler, both Rangers and both Breeders - there are very few misses. (Though I really don't see the appeal of the Hex Maniac girl, personally.) We even got a young Fisherman finally!
7tQnyY2.png

DarkKyo

Nobody has posted the coolest two yet?!
NnrBA7f.png
g9x7yDk.png

Seriously, a couple of the coolest looking elite four members in the entire series.

Shengar

They really topped the NPC design this generation in general and most of them definitely among my favorite. But the Gym Leader design is severely lacking (but praise be the E4 for having excellent design) and left me somewhat dissappointed. I don't blame Sugimori though, since they've done themselves for setting the bar really high with Morty, Pryce, Jasmine, Sabrina, and Blaine redesign (they are perfect I tell you, PERFECT).

My favorite characters design-wise

Best professor in the series hands-down. So young and so different.

Will be better if she has shorter hair, but still gorgeous nonetheless.

They seems managed to pull another perfect redesign as well

would remember them more if the trainers in xy weren't all a joke. Game seriously should have been balanced for new exp share.

that event torchic you get eats everyone's lunch.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Orange-hair and Tan Furisode girls ftw.

Also, seems like Hex Maniac is quite popular due to her similarity to the Watamote main girl. Unfortunately that also means tons of extra-disturbing doujins.

Jawmuncher

I was really impressed with the X and Y designs. I don't think I ran into one that I absolutely disliked as in some of the earlier games.

Top Bottom