• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A woman's voice

Shocked The Nanny GIF
I'm from a family of Jews from back east so maybe that explains why I don't find her voice as grating as other people do.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'm from a family of Jews from back east so maybe that explains why I don't find her voice as grating as other people do.

Good for you and understandably so.

Again she one of many exceptions. But no marriage material.

I'd bet she's playing up her voice as well.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
That's the thing though.

For a FWB or a ONS we can easily compartmentalize certain aspects when knowing a certain outcome is in reach.

But I'm surprised at the lack of in depth responses regarding a woman's voice when put in the context of said voice being a huge factor regarding it being a turnoff in such a way you wouldn't ever be able go establish a long term relationship because of said voice.

Shame.

jason10mm

Gold Member
In person there are few voices that annoy me other than that squeaky little girl affectation. My wife used to fall into it but I beat it out of her :p

In audio though, there are LOTS of speech patterns or tones that just grate on me. Vocal fry and the upward lilt (why does every sentence sound like a question?) are the obvious ones, but there are others where it seems clear the speaker is forcing a speech pattern that is unnatural, too measured. Some of this is just because they are reading lines or over rehearsed what should be a conversational dialogue. But other times it just sounds like they are parroting stuff they don't really understand. So I don't listen to a lot of female podcasts for these reasons.

I do love some english female accents though, not the high cultured ones but some of the less refined. Female irish is MUCH better than male irish as well. Male scandinavian and natural male australian tend to be higher pitched than expected as well, then they get a super hero role and speak all low and gruff :p

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
In person there are few voices that annoy me other than that squeaky little girl affectation. My wife used to fall into it but I beat it out of her :p

In audio though, there are LOTS of speech patterns or tones that just grate on me. Vocal fry and the upward lilt (why does every sentence sound like a question?) are the obvious ones, but there are others where it seems clear the speaker is forcing a speech pattern that is unnatural, too measured. Some of this is just because they are reading lines or over rehearsed what should be a conversational dialogue. But other times it just sounds like they are parroting stuff they don't really understand. So I don't listen to a lot of female podcasts for these reasons.

I do love some english female accents though, not the high cultured ones but some of the less refined. Female irish is MUCH better than male irish as well. Male scandinavian and natural male australian tend to be higher pitched than expected as well, then they get a super hero role and speak all low and gruff :p

Ha! Awesome reply!

I'm a sucker for Belgium accents (leaning on the Dutch side)

Yeah I listen to podcasts a lot but it's mostly male on male. It's beautiful when they talk carefully yet sincere but when they slip up regarding a variety of ways and the host acknowledge it, it suddenly opens up. The abstract barrier is gone and you can really hear people speak from their heart. I love that.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Aren’t you French OP? I usually joke about French women having husky, throaty voices.
And just to clarify, I don’t mean they sound like dogs.

Shrill, high-pitched and/or nasal voices turn me off. Also some regional accents here in Italy are really grating if you’re not from their region. One very pretty woman once started talking with a certain accent I won’t specify, and I felt my smile fall off and my whole face with it.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'm sure married man known this scenario where your both in another room.

Or you have to leave to go to the kitchen and she stays talking.

Like. I don't hear you. I hear sounds.

Upon returning are you honest or just say yeah babe I get it or whatever

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Aren’t you French OP? I usually joke about French women having husky, throaty voices.
And just to clarify, I don’t mean they sound like dogs.

Shrill, high-pitched and/or nasal voices turn me off. Also some regional accents here in Italy are really grating if you’re not from their region. One very pretty woman once started talking with a certain accent I won’t specify, and I felt my smile fall off and my whole face with it.

Nah Dutch but we have many regional accents that makes your skin crawl lol

Tams

To some degree, yes. Deep female voices turn me off, but so do overtly high-pitched ones (quite a few females in Japan put such voices on, and I ardour it).

Some accents are just downright dirty, and not in a fun way.

Is this some form of fancy French autism, or some shit?

Ironbunny

It's so nice, Ironbunny Ironbunny wanted to post it twice.

True words spoken actually. I like to lower tone of a womans voice. High pitch or sort of inbetween voice that linger in the line of high and low gets really annoying fast. Shohreh Aghdashloo from Expanse has a bit too much of a bass.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Hello. And welcome ♡

A women's voice. Yes.

For myself a women's voice plays a large part regarding my attraction to said woman. Even if she's attractive and kind, if she exhibits a voice i deem unattractive it's pretty much a deal breaker.

With that said I'm personally very aware of sound due to my autisme perhaps. But nevertheless.

Speaking with a loud volume. Certain accents, cadence etc.

I'm curious as to GAF has to say about my inquiry.

I know many of you are married and all. Did you ever thought about it. Etc.

I have a co-worker who I speak on the phone and her voice is insanely hot, like hotline levels of hot and just kinda turns me on a bit when she laughs and talks which has never happened before, and her petite body doesnt really match it. Shes 800km away tho and has a boyfriend. Lucky fool.

Top Bottom