• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A woman's voice

I hate when girls/women un ironically put on a higher pitched/more childish voice to talk to people they don’t know. I had an ex girlfriend who did it at her job (when talking to customers) and if I called the place and she picked up I couldn’t tell it was her. She was fuckin crazy, and a really fake person overall.

Some chick that used to work at my job and had a buzz cut (almost bald) did the same thing. Talked to everyone like she was trying to sound like a child. Surprise surprise she was a “gender fluid” nut job that quit because she got offended by every little thing other people said.

I think girls who exhibit this behavior are also likely to be crazy/have mental issues.

Kurotri

A women's voice is just as important to me as her face. I hate how most American woman sound, some of them even sound like males, no offence.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I have a co-worker who I speak on the phone and her voice is insanely hot, like hotline levels of hot and just kinda turns me on a bit when she laughs and talks which has never happened before, and her petite body doesnt really match it. Shes 800km away tho and has a boyfriend. Lucky fool.

Oh man... I'm trying to myself in your shoes.. Must feel a little bittersweet..

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Joan Jett Get With The Times GIF

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Oh man... I'm trying to myself in your shoes.. Must feel a little bittersweet..

Yeah shes the literal definition of a hot tomboy. Some men are really lucky huh? ANd his bf isnt anything special, like the most average dude ever. And all I can find is women seeking attention. Well to be fair, a good catch will most likely be in a stable forever relationship, while the rest are problematic hence why theyre looking.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Yeah but you never no how things are behind closed doors. As for the lucky part. I still beat myself over the head regarding breaking up with a girl for some stupid reasons. But yeah, she was very stable while I wasn't (till this day) but whatever.

Do you have a (semi) crush on her?

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Yeah but you never no how things are behind closed doors. As for the lucky part. I still beat myself over the head regarding breaking up with a girl for some stupid reasons. But yeah, she was very stable while I wasn't (till this day) but whatever.

Do you have a (semi) crush on her?

Nah, Im too old to have crushes. I like her but Im not obssessed or thinking about her. We did flirt but in a funny way/non cheating way. Seems like a rare gal. Would I date her given the chance? Dunno, long distance relationships almost always end up in disaster unless one or the other moves which is hard when yu have family/friends. I tried that once. Didnt go well.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Nah, Im too old to have crushes. I like her but Im not obssessed or thinking about her. We did flirt but in a funny way/non cheating way. Seems like a rare gal. Would I date her given the chance? Dunno, long distance relationships almost always end up in disaster unless one or the other moves which is hard when yu have family/friends. I tried that once. Didnt go well.

Yeah long distance is a no no for me but you even tried it so yeah no point in that (for us at least)

I like to flirt whenever I have call someone regarding for example my insurance and I get connented to a nice woman. It's really nice to make them laugh and such. I remember one time we were almost flirting like in a bar or something at the end of the call.. Good times.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Yeah long distance is a no no for me but you even tried it so yeah no point in that (for us at least)

I like to flirt whenever I have call someone regarding for example my insurance and I get connented to a nice woman. It's really nice to make them laugh and such. I remember one time we were almost flirting like in a bar or something at the end of the call.. Good times.

I work in a corporate job, offering support, tickets, etc. for people working there/around the country so yeah I do talk to a lot of of nice and not very nice coworkers. I should drop by the office more often. Can't exactly do anything, if you know what I mean, by just chilling at home, but I've been too focused on playing games and watching shit with friends. No room for other activities atm.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
I'd like to date, or rather stumble upon my perfect woman by accident like in the movies. But that's not gonna happen.

Seriously though I'm currently trying through various ways to get my shit together. Mostly mentally. It's gonna take a while but I've no room for dating now. To stressful.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I'd like to date, or rather stumble upon my perfect woman by accident like in the movies. But that's not gonna happen.

Seriously though I'm currently trying through various ways to get my shit together. Mostly mentally. It's gonna take a while but I've no room for dating now. To stressful.

Based on my experience and friends, chances are below 10% ull meet someone long term through dating apps. You're most likely to meet the perfect woman at a job, or on the street if ure brave enough or at a bar. Dating apps are just for sex most of the time. Good luck tho!

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Based on my experience and friends, chances are below 10% ull meet someone long term through dating apps. You're most likely to meet the perfect woman at a job, or on the street if ure brave enough or at a bar. Dating apps are just for sex most of the time. Good luck tho!
It makes me tremendously sad to think of the current generation of people dating online.

I'm in my 40s and I met my wife a long time ago in the old-fashioned way, bumping into each other at a get together where we arrived due to having some common friends about 3 or 4 degrees separated. Instantly something happened when we met. And we enjoyed that lovely ambiguity that users of dating apps will never know... where you begin to realize something is happening between you and a girl--without any established context of "we're here for a date because we chose it online" setup; just a wonderful ambiguity as things start to spark.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE

Yeah i know. I've had my dating app phase. With great succes although I was just pussy hunting.

Nowdays I want something real.

And therefore I firstly need to get my shit together.

And I don't want to sound whatever but yeah I'm good regarding approaching woman wherever. Altough I still tend to aim lower (whatever that means) due to my self perception.

But that's what I'm working on atm.

So now isn't the time yet.

We'll see. I'm glad I don't look my age (yet).

Sigh. Can't wait waking up next to someone I love in every way

STARSBarry

Gold Member

Nothing wrong with the Scottish accent just my humour is fucked and it would make me laugh if the robot sounded like Rab C Nesbit

Funny story but I actually know the guy who wrote Rab C. He's my Dad's best friends brother, getting on these days but still ticking on in a nice flat up in Glasgow. But I always smile when I see someone post a clip.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
You'll get your turn.

You know. I have a lady friend. And yes with the benefits. She's almost perfect as a partner due to various reasons. But she's just not my type appearance wise period.
She's pretty much in love with me but not the other way around. It makes for a complex relationship. I don't know know. Just sharing. She's a very special woman. Fact. But.. she's not the one i want to wake up next to in my mind. Sigh. Nvm.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
You know. I have a lady friend. And yes with the benefits. She's almost perfect as a partner due to various reasons. But she's just not my type appearance wise period.
She's pretty much in love with me but not the other way around. It makes for a complex relationship. I don't know know. Just sharing. She's a very special woman. Fact. But.. she's not the one i want to wake up next to in my mind. Sigh. Nvm.

I have a friend who has the same issue. Dunno what to say. I always believed love comes with time. Everyone has the honeymoon period of a relationship, but only after years, you start to either love som,eone more or not. Not saying you should give it time but just putting it out there.

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
No for sure man. Then again I'm approaching having a partner is only an option when "I'm good" while likely I'll mostly stay the same even after therapy and such. But yeah. Fuck it. I have hope.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
No for sure man. Then again I'm approaching having a partner is only an option when "I'm good" while likely I'll mostly stay the same even after therapy and such. But yeah. Fuck it. I have hope.

Hope dies last or so they say. It's fine if your inner gut is telling you, relationships aint for you, society mandates we have marriage/a family/kids, but do we really need that? I dont think so. I'm going to be a negative nancy but everytime I'm at work I always hear the male coworkers go: "yeah i just came to the office to get out of my wifes hair" or some other joke like that and then you start to wonder, why the fuck did you even get married and have kids? Only because everyone else does? To have an heir? Most of the relationships I saw goes like this: honeymoon period, all butterflies and shit, then the repetitiveness hits, everything becomes stable/dull, and the relation goes two ways here, they either brake up and look for fresh honeymoon stuff or make a baby just so they have something new in their life. I;'ve seen so many depressed women with kids, it's sad. Maybe its just an eastern european thing as things are very traditional here but I dont want that. I dont want a relationship just for the sake of it but looks like I have no choice because finding the right person is kinda hard.

Last edited:

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Hope dies last or so they say. It's fine if your inner gut is telling you, relationships aint for you, society mandates we have marriage/a family/kids, but do we really need that? I dont think so. I'm going to be a negative nancy but everytime I'm at work I always hear the male coworkers go: "yeah i just came to the office to get out of my wifes hair" or some other joke like that and then you start to wonder, why the fuck did you even get married and have kids? Only because everyone else does? To have an heir? Most of the relationships I saw goes like this: honeymoon period, all butterflies and shit, then the repetitiveness hits, everything becomes stable/dull, and the relation goes two ways here, they either brake up and look for fresh honeymoon stuff or make a baby just so they have something new in their life. I;'ve seen so many depressed women with kids, it's sad. Maybe its just an eastern european thing as things are very traditional here but I dont want that. I dont want a relationship just for the sake of it but looks like I have no choice because finding the right person is kinda hard.

I'm with you a 100%.

Procreation is a core aspect for our species survival (I won't go into occult/esoteric stuff here where intercourse isn't needed) but mostly it's an result of an deeply engrained cultural imposed path IE date/marriage/kids.

I've noticed it myself when all my ex friends started getting kids almost as if they had to. One after the other followed.

I have no qualms regarding their decisions. They had all the various underlying bases covered to be able to take that path.

Regarding marriage and the possibility of it eventually getting stale; sure I get that as well.

If I think of marriage, it's symbolic in essence; I've met the partner of my life and that won't change until we die. Right?

People and their core being (can) changes over decades to such a degree the initial attraction or shared interest etc don't apply anymore. Hence divorces. True love and SINCERE neverending correlation between two people is rare. People change due to various years of experience and such. That has an impact relationship wise.

I'm a lady's man. I preferably end up living with 6 woman which I all love the same for their own personalities.

Sounds fucking cultish lol

No I'd rather have a single woman to spend at least a good amount of time with.
Forever if I'm lucky...

the voice usually won't be a deal breaker for me unless it's one that I find I simply can't stand at all. thou a nice sounding voice definitely helps a lot. this kinda reminds me of the movie HER. Scarlett Johanson's voice in it was really comfortable and pleasing. if someone with a voice like that talks to me, I can definitely see myself haveing some feels for her.

Toons

I care much more about the words that come out of the mouth than the sound of the voice but that's just me.

Goalus

Elizabeth Holmes' fake voice sounds very pleasant to me.

First five seconds:

Last edited:
Top Bottom