• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AACS Mandate: PS3 no longer support HD through component| Existing Units Not Affected

Raistlin

nVidiot_Whore said:
That is really unfortunate for you. I can easily understand where you are coming from. Different segments of the same corp.. gotcha. Moving on.
I'm going to bet your view is hypocritical and you've been scorned by other things in your life and not had the same reaction.

Also, I said I can understand it conceptually ... I just find it ignorant.

Whatever ... moving on.

Curufinwe

Duxxy3 said:
The PS3 may be the first system to get worse over time - the 60GB model is still by far and away the best version.

I wouldn't trade the cool, quiet Slim PS3 that fits under my TV for a big, loud 60 GB version.

statham

onQ123 said:
or ignore your choices & cry like a little bitch
i bought a hdcrt for the 360, i gave it away before buying a 1-hdmi tv for the PS3/360 COMBO. your saying if I kept my crt with my ps3, if it dies (very common), I have to buy a new TV with no right to bitch? PS3 came out in 06, lots of lower end TVs had none or 1 HDMI port. this doesn't effect me but people have a right to be pissed and not "cry like a little bitch"

Raistlin said:
I'm going to bet your view is hypocritical and you've been scorned by other things in your life and not had the same reaction.

Also, I said I can understand it conceptually ... I just find it ignorant.

Hypocritical.. ignorant.

You are too much man. I work for a corporation pretty much the exact same size as Sony, I'm not ignorant of how conglomerates function. Nor am I a hypocrite. Your insults are childish and pathetic. Grow up and go fuck yourself. I don't take my Sony TV boycott that seriously.. either should you.. they annoyed me after I have spent 10k+ on their electronics over my lifetime so I decided to ignore their TV's on my last few purchases. Your attempts to call me ignorant or hypocritical over that are pathetic, but I must say.. have given me a few giggles.. so thanks.

Raistlin

Slime said:
Just sayin', it's so clearly an AACS decision, whose decisions are made by a handful of companies,
The AACS companies weren't directly responsible for this (though I'm sure they had ... suggestions :p). They got together and R&D'd the DRM mechanic, but after that they were basically administrators. They got the opposing sides together (CE's, studios, etc), and those sides decided on the actual particulars for the agreement. Sure as an entity, they host the adopter's agreement, but it's not like they created it in some sort of vacuum.

so it's silly to treat this like another "omg Sony hates their customers, the sky is falling, it's OtherOS all over again" scenario.
agreed

Still sucks for them that it seems so like another one of their PS3 missteps, though.
Well we don't know that yet, do we?

The AACS adopters agreement was known before PS3 launched. If one did research they'd know this was going to happen for BD content.

It only becomes an arguable misstep if Sony mandates the same for games, which we really don't know as of yet.

Johnny

statham said:
i bought a hdcrt for the 360, i gave it away before buying a 1-hdmi tv for the PS3/360 COMBO. your saying if I kept my crt with my ps3, if it dies (very common), I have to buy a new TV with no right to bitch? PS3 came out in 06, lots of lower end TVs had none or 1 HDMI port. this doesn't effect me but people have a right to be pissed and not "cry like a little bitch"
You could also purchase a cheap switch box, or an older PS3. You can't expect to find an exact replacement for every product you've ever purchased to be sold indefinitely.

Raistlin

nVidiot_Whore said:
Hypocritical.. ignorant.

You are too much man. I work for a corporation pretty much the exact same size as Sony, I'm not ignorant of how conglomerates function. Nor am I a hypocrite. Your insults are childish and pathetic.
You've never had a product that 'screws you over' in some manner ... and then bought a different product from another arm of said company?

Grow up and go fuck yourself.
I'm not the one arguing for a 'company xxx ran over my dog' sort of logic :p

It would be one thing if you were saying ... given a certain product, if all things are equal I'm going to avoid Sony since I don't like how they've handled certain things in the past.

Instead it sounds like your saying even if they had the better product I'll just punish myself over something relatively silly.

I don't take my Sony TV boycott that seriously.. either should you..
Errr ... THEN WHY ARE WE EVEN ARGUING?!!?!?

:D

You certainly sound like it's pretty serious.

they annoyed me after I have spent 10k+ on their electronics over my lifetime so I decided to ignore their TV's on my last few purchases. Your attempts to call me ignorant or hypocritical over that are pathetic, but I must say.. have given me a few giggles.. so thanks.
you mad?

Raistlin said:
It only becomes an arguable misstep if Sony mandates the same for games, which we really don't know as of yet.

Considering that DHCP currently affects games on the system when it shouldn't since it has nothing to do with gaming, it wouldn't be that big of a shock to see another movie based DRM move over into games as well.

statham

Johnny said:
You could also purchase a cheap switch box, or an older PS3. You can't expect to find an exact replacement for every product you've ever purchased to be sold indefinitely.
you expect your HDTV to be HD with your HD consoles. What if they said 5.1 is outdated and future PS3 will only output to 7.1 or stereo? and a poster responds get with 2010. you have a choice upgrade or don't buy a ps3? don't like it? cry like a bitch. ya.

Raistlin

OldJadedGamer said:
Considering that DHCP currently affects games on the system when it shouldn't since it has nothimg to do with gaming, it wouldn't be that big of a shock to see another movie based DRM move over into games as well.
Well nothing would shock me on this subject, but that also doesn't guarantee anything.

We really don't know why Sony employed HDCP ... whether it was a licensing issue or simply a strange business decision. For either possibility, this is a different situation - there are no obvious licensing issue (unless there's something specific to BD-ROM in general which I don't believe is the case), and the people in charge of business and engineering are not the same teams.

Raistlin

statham said:
you expect your HDTV to be HD with your HD consoles. What if they said 5.1 is outdated and future PS3 will only output to 7.1 or stereo? and a poster responds get with 2010. you have a choice upgrade or don't buy a ps3? don't like it? cry like a bitch. ya.
The reality is there's a considerable history in CE of this sort of thing actually happening.

Sad but true.

Raistlin said:
You've never had a product that 'screws you over' in some manner ... and then bought a different product from another arm of said company?

The term hypocrite does not apply here whatsoever.. so don't go throwing it around.. I've stated no "belief" about product purchases or my own behavior.. I've simply said how Sony's decisions have impacted my brand loyalty to them in deciding to ignore their TV's when shopping. It's not like I'd been a huge fan of their other product lines.. 15-20 years ago? Hell yeah.. I had a Sony discman, a Sony boombox..even had a Sony car CD player (that sucked.) but really, in the 2000's Sony was about TV's and Playstation for me, so if they annoy me my money can only be taken from them in 2 places.. and there's no way I'm going without my Playstation games ;)

Instead it sounds like your saying even if they had the better product I'll just punish myself over something relatively silly.

I'm not some boycott nazi.. Sony annoyed me.. they gave me reason to upgrade my TV, but I wasn't going to reward them with my money.

I was mad at Sony!!! THAT WAS MY POINT!!

I hulk smashed their entire TV business with my boycott.. I'm sure the companies financial woes are partly do to my boycott!!

I SHOWED THEM!!

I'm also furious at you.. that's why I requested you have intercourse with yourself. I showed you as well!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Raistlin said:
Well nothing would shock me on this subject, but that also doesn't guarantee anything.

The document pictured in the OP mentions both games and movies as HDMI only in K models.

"If you want to play a game or watch a movie in HD you must use a HDMI cable"

Bollocks

mjemirzian said:
No because PS3 HDMI output is HDCP protected. And presumably PS4.
Doesn't the PS3 turn off HDCP for games? Cause you can actually capture gameplay with a hdmi capture card but bluray is a no go, that's what I gathered when I was looking on how to capture PS3 gameplay.

Bollocks said:
Doesn't the PS3 turn off HDCP for games? Cause you can actually capture gameplay with a hdmi capture card but bluray is a no go, that's what I gathered when I was looking on how to capture PS3 gameplay.
No it doesn't turn off HDCP. The videos you were looking at were using circumvention of the HDCP, which is illegal in the US under the DMCA's anticircumvention laws. Streaming of video games themselves without a license may soon become a federal offense.

Raistlin

nVidiot_Whore said:
The term hypocrite does not apply here whatsoever.. so don't go throwing it around.. I've stated no "belief" about product purchases or my own behavior.. I've simply said how Sony's decisions have impacted my brand loyalty to them in deciding to ignore their TV's when shopping. It's not like I'd been a huge fan of their other product lines.. 15-20 years ago? Hell yeah.. I had a Sony discman, a Sony boombox..even had a Sony car CD player (that sucked.) but really, in the 2000's Sony was about TV's and Playstation for me, so if they annoy me my money can only be taken from them in 2 places.. and there's no way I'm going without my Playstation games ;)
I can appreciate hypocrite has a certain negative connotation, so let me rephrase it as hypocritical behavior.

If you engaged in the sort of scenario I outlined (fucked over by a product from some other company but have bought other stuff from them), then what else would you call it? Or are you arguing their transgression was simply weighed dramatically higher?

If it isn't a dramatically worse transgression, then logically there is more to it ... which moves things out of logical thought, and into the sort of category 'belief' or other such subjective terms apply?

I'm not some boycott nazi.. Sony annoyed me.. they gave me reason to upgrade my TV, but I wasn't going to reward them with my money.

I was mad at Sony!!! THAT WAS MY POINT!!

I hulk smashed their entire TV business with my boycott.. I'm sure the companies financial woes are partly do to my boycott!!

I SHOWED THEM!!
My point is your posts came off as 'in no uncertain terms' ... which yes, is illogical and self-punishing depending on the scenario.

I'm also furious at you.. that's why I requested you have intercourse with yourself. I showed you as well!
Well I was planning on that tonight anyway ... so I GUESS I SHOWED YOU!!! :p

lesbifriends now? :(

Raistlin

TTP said:
The document pictured in the OP mentions both games and movies as HDMI only in K models.

"If you want to play a game or watch a movie in HD you must use a HDMI cable"
It's an internal memo from Gamestop - which is why even Kotaku has placed this as a rumor.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Bollocks said:
HDCP is on 100% of the time on the PS3, unless you have a debug/test unit where it can be switched off on demand.
It's been making my life much more difficult than it should have been since a few years now, since I'm still stuck with component capture on my rather complex setup because of that.

Raistlin

Blimblim said:
HDCP is on 100% of the time on the PS3, unless you have a debug/test unit where it can be switched off on demand.
It's been making my life much more difficult than it should have been since a few years now, since I'm still stuck with component capture on my rather complex setup because of that.
Serious question.

Since you professionally review, etc games for a site ... is there a reason why you (or your company) haven't sprung for an HDCP stripper? It seems it would pay for itself given the lower complexity of your setup (not to mention would have cost like $15/year over the span of this gen)?

Are there some sort of technical limitations in using one?

androvsky

The crazy thing is that HDCP was required even when running linux back in the day. I imagine some paranoid executive was terrified that someone would find a way to turn off HDCP or play blu-rays in linux or something, and mandated that it be forever stuck on. I seem to recall hackers are able to turn it off, so it's not a permanent hardware thing, but I doubt Sony is going to suddenly take this opportunity to turn off HDCP for the first time on retail units while gaming.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Raistlin said:
Serious question.

Since you professionally review, etc games for a site ... is there a reason why you (or your company) haven't sprung for an HDCP stripper? It seems it would pay for itself given the lower complexity of your setup (not to mention would have cost like $15/year over the span of this gen)?

Are there some sort of technical limitations in using one?
Well, as far as I've been able to tell there is no hdcp stripper that would take a HDMI input, strip off the HDCP, and output the same exact stream with everything intact. Most of them convert the digital signal to RGB (and output it to VGA like the Fury does), or don't handle the audio part.
But maybe I didn't look hard enough?
iamshadowlark said:
So this will affect the 360 too right? What about WiiU? Also isn't 360's hdmi output just a converted analog signal? Will that affect anything? Sorry if theses questions have been answered before.
HDCP is not mandatory at all for anything but content protected video, MS can keep having switched off for gaming if they want to. Same for component output of course.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
iamshadowlark said:
So this will affect the 360 too right? What about WiiU? Also isn't 360's hdmi output just a converted analog signal? Will that affect anything? Sorry if theses questions have been answered before.
0019_79ow.gif

iamshadowlark said:

It only affects Blu-ray players. Why Sony turns on these DRM's for games when they are meant only for movies is something no one understands.

Raistlin

iamshadowlark said:
They don't play BD's so I doubt it.

It's an interesting question though, because some regions do have some interesting rules governing the transition to digital. For example, I'd have to research just what the FCC has planned for this. Once we hit the no-analog at all date ... will that include gaming systems? Maybe. Not sure the'd bother with this though.

Raistlin

Blimblim said:
Well, as far as I've been able to tell there is no hdcp stripper that would take a HDMI input, strip off the HDCP, and output the same exact stream with everything intact. Most of them convert the digital signal to RGB (and output it to VGA like the Fury does), or don't handle the audio part.
But maybe I didn't look hard enough?
I'd have to look, but I believe there may be digitial to digital. Even if not, since you're using Component anyway ... what the difference? Either the system or the device has the DAC.

As for audio, you aren't encoding LPCM into your videos. Why can't optical suffice?

Raistlin said:
They don't play BD's so I doubt it.

It's an interesting question though, because some regions do have some interesting rules governing the transition to digital. For example, I'd have to research just what the FCC has planned for this. Once we hit the no-analog at all date ... will that include gaming systems? Maybe. Not sure the'd bother with this though.

It could be though; 360 doesn't play BD discs, but there are various other ways to use it as a home player for hd content (netflix, Sky, etc), so if the mandate says "no hd over analog", it should also affect Microsoft's consoles.

I highly doubt it though.

Raistlin

metareferential said:
It could be though; 360 doesn't play BD discs, but there are various other ways to use it as a home player for hd content (netflix, Sky, etc), so if the mandate says "no hd over analog", it should also affect Microsoft's consoles.

I highly doubt it though.
That's what I'm getting at actually. For example, you can expect (in some regions) that even cable boxes will be moving to HDMI-only. And that isn't even just for HD ... basically any content.

So they question is, how far will they push that? Will they simply say no you can't have analog output at all since your device can be used for IP-protected media?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Raistlin said:
I'd have to look, but I believe there may be digitial to digital. Even if not, since you're using Component anyway ... what the difference? Either the system or the device has the DAC.
My capture PC is about 20 meters away from my gaming setup. Right now I need a 20 meters component cable to capture. Having an analog signal going over 20 meter is *never* a good thing.

Raistlin said:
As for audio, you aren't encoding LPCM into your videos. Why can't optical suffice?
IIRC the PS3 doesn't output any audio on the optical output if you are using the HDMI output. But I could be wrong.

onQ123

statham said:

if your HDTV doesn't have HDMI & you decided to wait until Blu-ray players can no longer send HD through component cables to buy a PS3 , who's problem is that?

I guess you didn't see the choices

Radec said:
Wow, some people here are overreacting.

Here are your choices:

IF you have an old HDTV that has no HDMI:

a. buy a PS3 now while it supports it

b. don't buy a ps3

cry like a little bitch

What... the... fuck.

I will be pissed if my PS3 ever craps out on me (something not entirely outside the realm of possibilities as I understand it), because I game on a CRT that only has component inputs. This is some bullshit!

Blimblim said:
IIRC the PS3 doesn't output any audio on the optical output if you are using the HDMI output. But I could be wrong.

Yes, it's either hdmi or optical for audio. But of course you can have video over hdmi and audio over optical.

Raistlin

Blimblim said:
My capture PC is about 20 meters away from my gaming setup. Right now I need a 20 meters component cable to capture. Having an analog signal going over 20 meter is *never* a good thing.
Agreed. I'm just saying in the event HDMI->HDMI strippers aren't available (or at least cheaply) ... you're already doing this. So adding something like the Fury to continue your work isn't really making things any worse beyond the initial cost.

Unless things changed (again), they did add that in a FW update quite a while back. Or should I say you can set optical for audio and it basically turns your HDMI into a DVI connection.

Raistlin

GrotesqueBeauty said:
What... the... fuck.

I will be pissed if my PS3 ever craps out on me (something not entirely outside the realm of possibilities as I understand it), because I game on a CRT that only has component inputs. This is some bullshit!
Sadly, this looks to be the general direction everyone is going. The question is simply when.

statham

onQ123 said:
if your HDTV doesn't have HDMI & you decided to wait until Blu-ray players can no longer send HD through component cables to buy a PS3 , who's problem is that?

I guess you didn't see the choices

cry like a little bitch
excellent.

androvsky

Raistlin said:
Agreed. I'm just saying in the event HDMI->HDMI strippers aren't available (or at least cheaply) ... you're already doing this. So adding something like the Fury to continue your work isn't really making things any worse beyond the initial cost.

Unless things changed (again), they did add that in a FW update quite a while back. Or should I say you can set optical for audio and it basically turns your HDMI into a DVI connection.
Unless I'm misunderstanding blimblim's setup, an HDFury would help since he could just get a super long HDMI cable to plug the Fury into, cutting the distance that has to be analog by half or more, depending on how much he wants to spend on cables and extenders. I picked up an 8-meter cable for $8 on woot once, so it shouldn't be too bad, and it'd save the random headaches I'm sure he's having with such a long analog run.

I absolutely cannot wait until we can have no discs and no media altogether. Then these insane agencies like the AACS can fuck off altogether. The big corporations that marry their entertainment content to proprietary media, like Blu-Ray, will can die like the dodo as well, at least their revenue streams from this plastic we've all been collecting for 20-some years.

Micromegas said:
I absolutely cannot wait until we can have no discs and no media altogether. Then these insane agencies like the AACS can fuck off altogether. The big corporations that marry their entertainment content to proprietary media, like Blu-Ray, will can die like the dodo as well, at least their revenue streams from this plastic we've all been collecting for 20-some years.

Online video content will have far worse DRM than BD.

I've got a 22.5" widescreen Sony FW900 CRT monitor on my PC (which I will never give up for some crappy LCD), and I haven't bothered with a BD drive because I'd also have to buy and constantly update HDCP/AACS defeating software just to watch a damn BD. Easier to pirate them, of course. Copy protection and DRM only hurt legitimate customers.

There's also plenty of folks with older CRT HDTVs, or even older digital projection sets, that didn't have HDMI. For a while it seemed like Firewire was going to be the go-to tech (too bad that failed...HDCP is annoying).

nVidiot_Whore said:
The updated thread title is still extremely misleading.

Existing PS3's won't be affected.

Seems to me.. one interesting tidbit here.

If this is based on a manufacturing date of Dec 31 2010.. and we are just now hearing about it in July.

Is that odd to suggest Sony might not have had to produce new consoles for that long?

Its only for new models, not just the old model being made after that date. I guess this K series has had some internal changes so is classed as a new model and has to comply with the AACS regs. I dont suppose Sony could do anything about this apart from never make a new model PS3, or maybe removed BD playback just so people can use component to play games in HD, now that would be something to bitch about.

Shambles

Raistlin said:
Sadly, this looks to be the general direction everyone is going. The question is simply when.

For the love of poptarts and dr. pepper you don't need to double and triple post. Just use the edit button and add additional thoughts afterwards. A third of the posts on this page are from you alone.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
androvsky said:
Unless I'm misunderstanding blimblim's setup, an HDFury would help since he could just get a super long HDMI cable to plug the Fury into, cutting the distance that has to be analog by half or more, depending on how much he wants to spend on cables and extenders. I picked up an 8-meter cable for $8 on woot once, so it shouldn't be too bad, and it'd save the random headaches I'm sure he's having with such a long analog run.
That wouldn't work, since I need to also be able to see the image on my TV, which is near the consoles.
My setup is consoles (component + optical) -> splitter (AV receiver for the moment) -> TV (2 m hdmi cable) and PC (20 m component and optical cables)
Also the HD Fury converts the signal to RVB, which is not supported by any capture card I know of.

Raistlin

Micromegas said:
I absolutely cannot wait until we can have no discs and no media altogether. Then these insane agencies like the AACS can fuck off altogether.
How does that affect the issue at hand? Such agencies (read CE's and studios) would still dictate the I/O and other DRM for the devices licensed to playback their IP's.

The big corporations that marry their entertainment content to proprietary media, like Blu-Ray, will can die like the dodo as well, at least their revenue streams from this plastic we've all been collecting for 20-some years.
Is BD really a proprietary format? It was made by a variety of CE's and studios, and has basically every content provider on board. Also, players are made by a variety of CE's and computer manufacturers, and licensing is available to anyone that wants it. It's the definition of a 'standard', or does your definition imply fully open-source with no DRM? Because that's simply unrealistic at this point in history.

So what exactly is your proposed solution - full digital distribution only? Explain what that 'fixes'? As stated, the devices you'll play them on will still be licensed meaning that the same sort of companies will be dictating playback aspects. Moreover you'll have no physical ownership of the material, which adds new potential risks to the consumer. If anything, such a scenario could prove more dangerous to consumers in the long-run.

Raistlin

Shambles said:
For the love of poptarts and dr. pepper you don't need to double and triple post. Just use the edit button and add additional thoughts afterwards. A third of the posts on this page are from you alone.
cry moar

I considered making this a lone post ... but I'll only cause you half the pain :p

Blimblim said:
That wouldn't work, since I need to also be able to see the image on my TV, which is near the consoles.
My setup is consoles (component + optical) -> splitter (AV receiver for the moment) -> TV (2 m hdmi cable) and PC (20 m component and optical cables)
Some potential solutions:
1) PS3 HDMI -> HD Fury (or similar) -> some sort of analog distribution (numerous solutions available)

2) PS3 HDMI -> HDMI distribution (solutions available though better ones are pricey) -> HD Fury (or similar)

Also the HD Fury converts the signal to RVB, which is not supported by any capture card I know of.
Other versions of the HD Fury as well as similar devices offer different output modes.

okenny

Banned
Sony seems to be systematically reworking it's past decisions to be cost effective. It's really saying some awesome things about the PS4.

For example:
  • It seems that Cell yields aren't so hot. These things are kind of expensive. Give everyone hair nets, take out a Cell processor... HELL! Turn off an SPE on the one that that's left too! CUT IT! SHIP IT!
  • Fuck man! People some bitch being bank-rolled by Microsoft is demanding we pay for rumble license. This shit's kill'in us. Who needs rumble anyways? CUT IT! SHIP IT!
  • Dat USB! Shit's putting us in the poor house. People ain't got that much USB device... who needs that many ports? CUT IT! SHIP IT!
  • What's all this shit about Linux? Who's using this shit anyways? We got Poindexters being payed money we could be spending on crying babies to maintain this shit! CUT IT! SHIP IT!
  • Shit guys. Fucking MS launched that shitty Xbox live none-sense. We can't not have an have an on-line strategy! Let's get some SOE and Gamespy TEN guys in here and hook this shit up. We gotta pay extra for a APIs, infrastructure? CUT IT! That security guy looks like a pointdexter... cut it I SAID CUT IT! SHIP IT!
  • What the hell is this backward compatibility shit? Backward? Sony's winning bitch! We don't go backward! CUT IT! SHIP IT!
  • HDMI in every box? We're giving it away? Literally... giving it away? CUT IT! SHIP IT!
  • Fuck man... options? who wants that shit? How about I give you an option to buy an HDMI-ready TV or to buy a SONY HDMI-ready 3D TV! CUT IT! CUT IT! CUT IT!

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
okenny said:
  • It seems that Cell yields aren't so hot. These things are kind of expensive. Give everyone hair nets, take out a Cell processor... HELL! Turn off an SPE on the one that that's left too! CUT IT! SHIP IT!
  • Fuck man! People some bitch being bank-rolled by Microsoft is demanding we pay for rumble license. This shit's kill'in us. Who needs rumble anyways? CUT IT! SHIP IT!
  • Dat USB! Shit's putting us in the poor house. People ain't got that much USB device... who needs that many ports? CUT IT! SHIP IT!
  • What's all this shit about Linux? Who's using this shit anyways? We got Poindexters being payed money we could be spending on crying babies to maintain this shit! CUT IT! SHIP IT!
  • Shit guys. Fucking MS launched that shitty Xbox live none-sense. We can't not have an have an on-line strategy! Let's get some SOE and Gamespy TEN guys in here and hook this shit up. We gotta pay extra for a APIs, infrastructure? CUT IT! That security guy looks like a pointdexter... cut it I SAID CUT IT! SHIP IT!
  • What the hell is this backward compatibility shit? Backward? Sony's winning bitch! We don't go backward! CUT IT! SHIP IT!
  • HDMI in every box? We're giving it away? Literally... giving it away? CUT IT! SHIP IT!
  • Fuck man... options? who wants that shit? How about I give you an option to buy an HDMI-ready TV or to buy a SONY HDMI-ready 3D TV! CUT IT! CUT IT! CUT IT!

:lol I bet even Kutaragi can't recognize his design now.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Raistlin said:
2) PS3 HDMI -> HDMI distribution (solutions available though better ones are pricey) -> HD Fury (or similar)
HDCP hates splitters (obviously) so you'd need to have the HDCP part of the signal stripped before going into a splitter.

Top Bottom