• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Carr Registers Multiple "Nintendo Beem" Websites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Exuro said:
Here it is. The beem name being used in a mockup is kind of strange. Rumors have pointed at it looking like an SNES though no?

project-cafe-your-wii-2-designs--20110506024224535_640w.jpg

That might be the ugliest console mockup ever.

The name would make a lot of sense when you think about the streaming technology aspect. The console beams the game into your controller giving you more flexible game and multimedia experience.

I like it!
Lupin the Wolf said:
If Coolio's right, he deserves a medal!
If Coolio is right I expect him to suddenly stop posting any time now.

:(

Exuro said:
Here it is. The beem name being used in a mockup is kind of strange. Rumors have pointed at it looking like an SNES though no?
That is meh looking, although I agree that I've it has similarities with a SNES and not a NES, dunno what the mockup artist was thinking.

J-Rock

Banned
Coolio McAwesome said:
I decided to look at every single registered domain that started with "nintendo". After five minutes of extensive research, I can say with almost 100% certainty that Nintendo's console will be called the Beem.

Just look at the evidence:

NINTENDOBEEM.COM
- Registered on May 24, 2011 through the same company that registered NINTENDOWII.COM and NINTENDO3DS.COM. This was registered nearly a year before any of the next-gen speculation began.

NINTENDOBEEEM.COM
NINTENDOBEAM.COM
- Registered on May 28, 2011 through two differed registrars. This obviously isn't just a coincidence.

NINTENDOBEEMSTORE.COM
NINTENDOBEEMSHOP.COM
NINTENDOBEEMGAMES.COM
- All registered on June 1, 2011.

Also, the domain BEEM.COM was apparently purchased on January 31 for $136,000. Nobody's going to drop that kind of money on a domain name unless they have a vested interest in the name.
http://wii2blog.com/could-beem-be-project-cafes-real-name/

When you look at the evidence, Beem is the only name tha really seems to make sense.

And we take our next turn. Well done!

"BEEM". Hmmm, that could work.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Exuro said:

[pic]

So the beam is going to be a VCR?

Anyways, interesting name, kinda makes sense. I like that it's one syllable.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I actually like the name Beem! Way better than Cafe or Current
or Vita.

Exuro said:

When the hell did these appear?

Edit: I don't even know how I posted in this thread. I think I've been abducted. :S

Chiggs

Mama Robotnik said:
Bloody brilliant detective work! Will be all over the interenet in a matter of moments.

It has been over the internet since early May. IGN was the first, lol.

Krowley

Seaching nintendo beem, I found this article from the wii2 blog...

Apparently, when someone checked the site for the first time, they found the image below, which was later removed

fu1dnq.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
First Vita and now Beem

Can't Sony and Nintendo just hire SEGA to give kickass names to their systems.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Y2Kev said:
THIS CAN'T BE VITA
I hated VITA when it was first leaked, then I thought maybe I'm just not too open to change. Turns out I was just not open to terrible names.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Krowley said:
Seaching nintendo beem, I found this article from the wii2 blog...

Apparently, when someone checked the site for the first time, they found the image below, which was later removed

fu1dnq.jpg
[/IMG]

That better not be the final logo. Awful.

Please don't be called Beem.
You can't have a console for the hardcores called "Beem".

Wii was a good title given the concept.

This... no. Just, no.

Exuro

That logo is kind of cool. Same character just positioned differently. I don't like the name itself though. I like Curent but apparently people are referring to piss jokes with that? I think of an electrical current.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jinfash said:
I hated VITA when it was first leaked, then I thought maybe I'm just not open to change. Now it turns out I'm just not open to terrible names.
I can't beemlieve you are whining about a great name like Vita.

Ashodin

I hope it's just for the internet service. BEEM sounds really... childish looking.

Current would've been wicked as a name though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom