• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Greenberg on NextBox: E3 is all about the games, "tons of exclusives"

Woo-Fu

Banned
One way or another tuesday we're gonna be legit shook

#legitshook

Shaking with laughter, maybe. Whatever gets presented I'm willing to guess there will be a vocal group that doesn't like it. Greenberg was caught lying through his teeth a number of times about 360/the competition, maybe this time he's the boy who cried wolf.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Is a Mod trolling in here too? Nice way to give the userbase an example of how to behave, huh.

Excuse me, what? I ain't no mod, but come on.

Please don't start doing this kind of thing. The same thing happened with the Sony conference, and it was horrible too.

Either way, I can't wait for Tuesday.

You thought I was serious? No way this is happening lol. I was simply pointing out that these exclusives are the only real megatons I could see making PS warriors really pissy. Respawn's exclusive game is really nothing compared to that.

So I don't think we will see a repeat of the FF XIII on Xbox moment.

It's worth noting that this was also a completely different situation. FF XIII did not become exclusive, it just went to an additional platform. So SE did not lose money, they made more money. And many of those Xbox 360 exclusives in the first years where only exclusive because the PS3 launched so late.

I always get a little scared when MS is set to announce something. It's fear that they will take a massive shit on Sony.

I hope there's no repeat of FF13 with vs. Let me tell you guys my heart fucking sank when that happened. I almost cried. I'm serious.

The main problem here is down the line, let say 1-2 years of good games, then back to kinect or another thingy for casuals for the rest of the gen that's not good, at least not for hardcore gamers. Thats why I dont trust Microsoft that much, and possible even if there was a megaton, it will be timed, or will show up on the ps4 later. I wont trust much on Microsoft "exclusives" if they are not done by first party.

Nutter

My predictions:
-Respawn next game will be only on the Nextbox.
-Rare is making a new IP that appeals to the hardcore.
-Crystal Dynamic will be on stage teasing a new game with exclusive content on Nextbox.
-Epic working a new IP exclusively for the new Nextbox.

Eh, outside of Respawn the other items listed scream E3 material to me.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I always get a little scared when MS is set to announce something. It's fear that they will take a massive shit on Sony.

I hope there's no repeat of FF13 with vs. Let me tell you guys my heart fucking sank when that happened. I almost cried. I'm serious.

I find it really funny that you're posting this while still having an Only on Xbox avatar. It's simultaneously being excited and afraid.

After playing FF13, I hate square, I don't feel quality coming from them, god that game was bad XD.

I kinda want to have a thread to keep track of who says what, under what condition should someone eat crow, and how "surprise us" & "meltdown" should be defined.

(not going to happen.)

"Destroy their precious Sony?" Wow. Didn't know people (including you) were taking it that far this early in the new generation.

I thought all three consoles fare pretty well last gen. Wii dominated HW sales and PS3/360 ended up fairly even. At least we are finally getting info on these new consoles.
I think you are actually the one taking it "that far." I'm having fun talking about video games and admittedly I am definitely an MS fan but come on dude, me saying "destroy sony" does not mean I want the conpany to literally be destroyed. I have a PS3 as well and even if i didn't i wouldn't wish the company harm. I and a lot of other xbox fans are just trying to be positive about the reveal and feel the need to respond to Sony fans that constantly try and shit on xbox. I think you are reading way to far into my "serious taking it too far" posts.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I kinda want to have a thread to keep track of who says what, under what condition should someone eat crow, and how "surprise us" & "meltdown" should be defined.

(not going to happen.)
I asked that people specified repeatedly what those conditions were and only one person wrote a post of what he expected even though I asked 3 times while "crow will be eaten" was said 20 times. :p

I think you are actually the one taking it "that far." I'm having fun talking about video games and admittedly I am definitely an MS fan but come on dude, me saying "destroy sony" does not mean I want the conpany to literally be destroyed. I have a PS3 as well and even if i didn't i wouldn't wish the company harm. I and a lot of other xbox fans are just trying to be positive about the reveal and feel the need to respond to Sony fans that constantly try and shit on xbox. I think you are reading way to far into my "serious taking it too far" posts.

The very fact that you even felt the need to say that shows how invested you are. And how do you know it's just "Sony fans" trying to "shit on Xbox." Couldn't it also be Nintendo fanboys? Hell, what if there was a Ouya nutcase out there? No one said you literally wanted the company destroyed, but the fact that you actually think another company destroyed the other when all three did fairly well this past gen SPEAKS VOLUMES.

Your posts are very telling and to be honest, it's going to get us nowhere. This is my last post on the subject with you, so feel free to wail away and tell me I'm salty or whatever the next fad phrase is going to be.

Proelite

Oh man you're going to be one sad mofo this e3 then.

The very fact that you even felt the need to say that shows how invested you are. And how do you know it's just "Sony fans" trying to "shit on Xbox." Couldn't it also be Nintendo fanboys? Hell, what if there was a Ouya nutcase out there? No one said you literally wanted the company destroyed, but the fact that you actually think another company destroyed the other when all three did fairly well this past gen SPEAKS VOLUMES.

Your posts are very telling and to be honest, it's going to get us nowhere. This is my last post on the subject with you, so feel free to wail away and tell me I'm salty or whatever the next fad phrase is going to be.
You brought it upon yourself by trying to call me out for no good reason. Sony was brought up because that was what i was originally talking about. And yes you are salty, if only for the fact you are getting so worked up over my posts.

Greenberg makes it seem like there are gonna be some big meltdowns come E3. What I wanna see, is another third person shooter juggernaut showcasing UE4. Loved Gears, so why not?

I know that feel bro. I'm pretty excited for Xbox, but also a little bit scared at the same time. I hope Sony has some big guns too to counter MS.

You shouldn't let videogames hurt you personally, just saying...

Anyway the current rumour is Sony has the next mainline FF (which is supposedly a repurposed Versus) on lockdown, so you should be alright. I think MS will go after the big western titles though.

Pistolero

In other news, the sky is blue.
I don't see what there is to discuss, really : Microsoft has tons and tons of cash to throw around to secure some third party exclusives, and now that Sony is financially fragile, there is no sense for them (Sony) to even try to compete on this front.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Looking forward to seeing the design process for the new console and that behind the scenes stuff. I love that.

Looking forward to seeing the design process for the new console and that behind the scenes stuff. I love that.

This, as a product designer it's what excites me the most. Megatons of games I won't play is meh.

Why? FFXIII sucked as a game (sorry Lighting fans but I really wanted both her and her stupid sister to die...oh and Hope...well the entire cast besides Sazh and Fang really) and it ran better on PS3 (last minute port).

Minions

If Sony comes out with a FF15 (Versus) exclusive announcement I feel like that would be a megaton which could easily offset Respawn being Nextbox exclusive. (Though they are targeting opposite ends of the spectrum as far as games are concerned)

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
No, but if big announcements scares him then there is no avoiding. This E3 will have the biggest announcements for MS in a while. :/

I wouldn't expect anything less. I just want the new controller to work on PC too! In all seriousness, the 360 is my favorite console ever so I am definitely hyped to finally see the successor to it.

Klocker

In other news, the sky is blue.
I don't see what there is to discuss, really : Microsoft has tons and tons of cash to throw around to secure some third party exclusives,

they are also releasing their own new first party studios and IPs so it's not all "throwing money around"

MS is investing in gaming

Why? FFXIII sucked as a game (sorry Lighting fans but I really wanted both her and her stupid sister to die...oh and Hope...well the entire cast besides Sazh and Fang really) and it ran better on PS3 (last minute port).

This is before we found out the game was shit and SE turned into shit.

MS will have some notable exclusives. Some definite megas.

And these might beeeeeee?

taking-notes1.jpg

stryke

If Sony comes out with a FF15 (Versus) exclusive announcement I feel like that would be a megaton which could easily offset Respawn being Nextbox exclusive. (Though they are targeting opposite ends of the spectrum as far as games are concerned)

The confirmation if the existence of Versus is more megaton than the condition of exclusivity at this point, a condition that has mostly remained undoubted.

On a separate note, it's quite commendable for Sony to work hard on creating a console that is easy to develop for, but I think it's starting to show publishers and developers will easily fold under the weight that is MS's chequebook.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
What? What announcement does MS have that's going to equal FF13? It can't be vs, and there's no other game that can do that imo.

If I were to guess, it might be the culmination of things that will definitely tip the favor of everything to Microsoft towards leading things to be a repeat of the 360/PS3/Wii gen, save for Wii rising to heaven for the Wii U. Microsoft doesn't fight fair. They are on a five year high as far as stocks and they are venomous when it comes to competition because the weather forecast is money, what the five course meal consists of is money and the clothes are made of money too. I believe that they let 3rd parties get their Scrooge McDuck on and let them swim in the moneybin for a while. Way too many important people are working on the next Xbox at Microsoft. Once I found out Dave Culter was working on the next Xbox, that's when I knew they took this to another level. He is a god at Microsoft and beyond.

Top Bottom