• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satya Nadella talks about the future of Xbox and multiplatform: "We are very happy with what's going on in gaming"

Draugoth

Gold Member
When asked for the health and future of Xbox Nutella replied:

"We're very, very excited about everything that's going on in gaming, specially with the close of ABK. We think that now, we have the ability to really do what we've always set out to do, which is to build great games and deliver them to folks about all platforms, right, which is Xbox and consoles, the PCs, and now even including mobile gaming and cloud gaming."

Then he goes to think about reusing gaming hardware that were used for graphics (notice he talks in past) for AI, their main focus right now:

GD_rG42WMAA-Tfu

Last edited:

nick776

". . .deliver them to folks across all platforms, right, which is Xbox and consoles. . ." I reckon that pretty much removes some doubt about the future. What are the odds Hellblade 2 gets announced for PS5 as well? I sure would like to play it with the advanced haptics of the Dualsense.

Last edited:

bitbydeath

Good. Maybe they can start porting stuff to PlayStation by the end of the generation.

My guess is they make a single expensive SKU “benchmark” console that doesn’t really compete with PlayStation and can be sold at a small margin.
They’re making a cheap streaming console. Don’t even expect a GPU to be included.

I mean, they just made an aquisition that they will be putting on Sony and Nintendo ... of course they're publishing for all platforms. They'll have strategic first-party exclusives (by exclusive I mean Xbox and PC) and then games (e.g. COD, or older titles) they can publish multi-plat console. Unless I've missed sometyhing?

TheHTIC

Neo Member
I mean, they just made an aquisition that they will be putting on Sony and Nintendo ... of course they're publishing for all platforms. They'll have strategic first-party exclusives (by exclusive I mean Xbox and PC) and then games (e.g. COD, or older titles) they can publish multi-plat console. Unless I've missed sometyhing?

That's kinda how I took it too. I fully believe they'll still want to have some things that makes their exclusive platform appealing too.

Iced Arcade

....for 10 years. Lol

Honestly if true, I'd love if they went 3rd party if it didn't lessen competition. 1 less box to buy 💁

There is no scenario where they release games on PS and able to continue in hardware. But then again, they have been know to think up some good clusterfucks lol

Last edited:
Look, i think some people enjoy a good "console warring" banter. I mean, Halo vs Killzone or GT vs Forza and the specs warz and things like that....I will choose to belive that some influncers online (From Xbox and PlayStation) engage in console warz just like your WWE Wrestlers...is part of the show.

Now, this "show" can only work when you have competition, and both contenders try their best to win, otherwise its just a ridiculous delusional and a sad display of ass-licking. So i dont have any sympathy for these kind of individuals than keep making excuses for the richest company in the world who had the PC and console market served in silver platter alongside the shift to a western way of making games. But even more pathetic than making excuses for a company is thinking these executives are your friend.....´member? "Our Acquisition" Our pal Phil "one of us" Spencer.

But at the same time, I will choose to believe that these influencers really are 'fanboys' and feel truly betrayed, heartbroken, and blueballed... that makes me chuckle XD.

Does GAF think it was Starfield that triggered this or could they have
Microsoft is desperate because it invested more than 100 billion dollars buying studios and influencers, but it is not working, hardware sales are disgraceful and gamepass has been stagnant for a long time. So Xbox fanboys should be happy with Xbox games coming to Playstation and Switch.

Flabagast

Sorry Xbros, but this is your fault.

You should have asked more of MS years ago instead of always saying yes to Halo & Gears endless turds
You should have been ultra vocal when it was announced that all games would come to PC day 1, thus killing Xbox exclusives and the attractivity of the platform
You definitely should not have stop buying games by subscribing to the ridiculous Gamepass, thus making 3rd parties go away

Now it's too late.

Top Bottom