• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aaron Greenberg on NextBox: E3 is all about the games, "tons of exclusives"

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
An the things people support in this thread is an ugly future for gaming. Lol. Why is it so important to some that Microsoft lock up Battlefield and COD, how does that benefit anybody but Microsoft? Talk about stagnating the gaming industry. Before everyone mentions PS2 the industry was in a far different place a decade ago.

I think a lot of people don't realize how little money Microsoft allocates to the gaming division compared to other departments. They seem to think that MS will buy up the whole industry. They can but they won't. They don't see Sony as much of a competitor any more so they probably won't spend money to bleed them dry because they know they have the stronger business position anyway.

ciridesu

COD and Battlefield timed exclusive deal would be a big one, two punch for the dudebro market.

A exclusive partnership with a big name car maker or organisation for Forza would probably be something announced.

I wouldnt be shocked if MS went after MonHun to be honest as well.

Maybe another deal with Rockstar for Red Dead Next.

Maybe they get something exclusive from Ubi as well.

And who knows how big the EA partnership is. There silence on the ps4 and cutting off the Wii U could make a lot more sense after the 21th.

Maybe they get all the above, maybe just one but I expect big, big, BIG things from them though.

They are not going to secure any exclusive big games ala Fallout, Red Dead, BF4, COD, Sports Games. There won't be a gen akin to PS1/2, in which exclusives were standard, for there's too big of a market on both consoles, and no publisher wants to piss off one too much, nor do the platform companies have the cash to secure anything big. The Respawn game sounds relatively legit though, as it is through an EA partners program, and a new IP. Also, some timed exclusive DLC is likely.

zyykxmO.jpg

nothingstopsballmer.gif

LTWheels

Since the show on the 21st is only 1 hour long, I don't expect them to show nearly as much as Sony did. Its actually probably less than 1 hour due to advert breaks.

also there gonna buy konami, capcom, square, level 5, nintendo, apple

I just expect some really big "partnerships" at the xbox events.

Sony seemed to play it safe with the ps4 reveal and in comparison I bet MS goes for the jugular early with something huge on the levels of a exclusive game from Rockstar that actually exists or a partnership with EA for every game or COD Ghosts being next gen exclusive on Durango.

I am sure Sony has big moneyhat projects hidden away as well they didnt show though.... or at least I hope.

Hooboy, I figured there'd some salt in here when I clicked the link, but you guys surpassed my expectations. People sure like to forget how on point Microsoft was with publishing in the pre-Kinect part of the 360's lifespan. I expect no less from them this time around. Can't wait to see what they have to offer.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Sony seemed to play it safe with the ps4 reveal and in comparison I bet MS goes for the jugular early with something huge on the levels of a exclusive game from Rockstar that actually exists or a partnership with EA for every game or COD Ghosts being next gen exclusive on Durango.

EA exclusive DLC for everything is a distinct possibility. I don't see Activision letting BF4 go unopposed on PS4 though. I think the CoD DLC will stand but not full on exclusive.

Problem is games like Alan Wake, Gears, Lost Odyssey, Fable had PC release and it makes them less appealing as exclusives especially for hardcore western market. Not for the more ''casual dudebro'' of course but for me for example I really have to question if I want to get a new Xbox if half of the ''exclusives'' either are timed only or release for PC.

I wished they went guns blazing with real lockdown exclusives. Only on the next Xbox, period.

You could have chosen better examples, only the 1st Gears made it to PC and Lost Odyssey was never released on PC.

Baby Milo

I am sure Sony has big moneyhat projects hidden away as well they didnt show though.... or at least I hope.

we will see i have no clue what to expect honestly

with nintendo dead to 3rd parties there should be alot of interesting games for PS4/Infinity

Jomjom

Banned
If this is true, Sony is in big trouble as they cannot afford exclusives other than the ones they develop themselves.

aganu

Reads like CoD is the only game that they will show on 21st, which is what I expect anyway.

I'm gonna assume "exclusive" either mean "timed exclusive" or "exclusive to our E3 keynote" until proven otherwise.
Why are you narrowing exclusives to being timed? Of course new Xbox will have its exclusives, just like PS4 has DriveClub, Knack, KZ, infamous etc.

You could have chosen better examples, only the 1st Gears made it to PC and Lost Odyssey was never released on PC.

Gears 1 was the biggest deal of the series tho, when PS3 was struggling and all and it is certainly one of the biggest names that came from early 360 life.

And yeah I made a mistake with Lost Odyssey. I had some other JRPG in my mind, Last Remnant?

Liamario

Banned
I hate this guy. I don't trust him as far as I could throw him. Even when he tells the truth, it feels like he's lying.

sleepykyo

That's not happening. It will be the same as this past gen mark my words

If it is the case than I do expect a lot of exclusives. This gen Microsoft got plenty of exclusives (though some of it was due to launching earlier).
Bethseda: Elder Scrolls
SquareEnix: the Last Remnant, Star Ocean 4, Infinite Undiscovery
Capcom: Dead Rising, Lost Planet
Koei Tecmo: DOA4
2k: Bioshock
Bioware: Mass Effect

Courting people with revised Xbox 360s and awkwardly expecting praise on a live broadcast?

Securing a large number of exclusives early on to build momentum.

-NeoTB1-

I hope they show/announce the next Forza game. If not on Tuesday, then at e3. That is the one potential exclusive* I am most interested in at this point. Forza 3/4 was my favorite racer this gen.

*as far as existing IPs go

Top Bottom