• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: ABC-Mart MSL Grand Finals - Flash v ZerO - BW Reigns Supreme

Hazaro said:
14cc

But they don't have to be. I see far too many players in GSL having their ball on '1'. That is just disgraceful.
oh definitely, if they both put real practice time into SC2 they will easily be on the top in no time. Their skill ceiling will be lower just by the simple fact of the easier game UI for everyone.

anyway, sorry for the derail, back to the match. I wish there was some "good" english commentary to explain some stuff to nubs like me.

V_Arnold

Idra was saying this a few SOTG ago, in this game Zerg could reactively put down colonies... that is never the case in SCII. :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Jesus fuck Flash is good.
So fucking amazing.

Also to any new viewers keep an eye on the minimap, should always have army movement its so cool to watch.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Flash busting out new builds.
That timing is so brutal against fast 3 hatch muta it is beautiful.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Classic Flash +1 move out timing to intercept mutas.

Even floats his front rax next to the turret.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Two hero lurkers, so crazy. Can't believe Zero held.

Vulture switch didn't do that much damage either. Flash sitting in the middle of the map with 5 marines. Ridiculous.

Looks like the plan is to contain Zero on 3 base for now. So many vultures and mines scares off a dark swarm counter.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Switch into mech on 4 base vs Zero contained on 3. Dat map control.

Zero is mentally crushed. He will only be a husk of what he was now.

Arzehn

If you could predict the outcome
▶ I will either win by 3-1, or 3-2. I have this feeling that if I lose it’d be by 3-0 haha. Even if I play at the highest level it’d be hard for me to beat him by 3-0, he is ‘Flash’ after all. There isn’t a map where I have more advantage or disadvantage. This is my very first time at the finals so every map is equally important to me.

Oh ZerO :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Don't think even 20 Queens would have saved ZerO.

5 base mech deathchoke with 3-2 upgrades. Can't do that much when your hydras get two shotted by 20 tanks.

NeoCross

Flash didn't even let ZerO expand and he was also harassing his expansions with vultures. Why so good Flash.

Edit: Seeing the highlights, how I miss the days when archons were actually useful and dem reavers demolishing hydras :(

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
NeoCross said:
Flash didn't even let ZerO expand and he was also harassing his expansions with vultures. Why so good Flash.
Everytime Flash scanned the 11'oclock base and saw no hatch he laughed inside.
Just being Flash causes lesser opponents to seize up and feel helpless.

Time to Lurker/Ling all in Zero!

Was surprised he didn't all in on game 2 since its pretty hard to get more bases and it is Terran favored.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
HolyCheck said:
just got home, i take it it's 2 - 0 in flash's favour?
Yup. Domination in both games. Neat build in game 1, deathchoke in game 2.

43-43 TvZ. Both players 4-2 on it in their respective matchup.
4c6PA.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
HolyCheck said:
Crowd seems smaller than GSL finals crowds :p
Good thing they care a lot more. Also probably around the same.

Having the crowd go crazy over everything and the announcers backing them up is one of the things I adore about BW.

Arzehn

HolyCheck said:
Crowd seems smaller than GSL finals crowds :p

Seems about the same, regardless MSL is considered the least popular league. OSL generally has much larger venues and crowds. And Proleague is something like ~20,000-40,000 spectators.

Hazaro said:
Good thing they care a lot more. Also probably around the same.

Having the crowd go crazy over everything and the announcers backing them up is one of the things I adore about BW.
Heh both sides can't help with the snide remarks in this thread. MLG's crowd was pretty hype.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
pieatorium said:
Heh both sides can't help with the snide remarks in this thread. MLG's crowd was pretty hype.
Mass live events are always the best <3

I sort of respect Zero playing straight up vs Flash. I mean it's suicide and it won't work, but at least it's noble.

Hazaro said:
Mass live events are always the best <3

I sort of respect Zero playing straight up vs Flash. I mean it's suicide and it won't work, but at least it's noble.
not a big Broodwar guy but from what I've read isn't that what he is known for?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Scourge killed all the valks (ZerO made more scourge this time)
But then Flash has a FUCKING BACKUP ARMY that arrives 2 seconds later and snipes the third anyway.

Flash lifting all his barracks for map vision and to block bases. Transitioning into mech again.

raphier

Banned
hot damn this game is intense. I don't think I've seen any SC2 game as intense as this. I want dat scary smoke in HoTS.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Apparently massing tanks off 4 factory is pretty good when you park them in front of Zerg and surround his base with missile turrets.

FLASH 3/3 OSL/MSL THE LEGEND CAN ONLY GROW

Zzoram

TheThunder said:
They should do something to make sure that Jeadong and Bisu always make it to the other side of the finals.

they're not consistently good enough to get through as often as Flash does

Flash is the pinnacle of Broodwar, and it's unlikely that the game will go on long enough for anyone to surpass him

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Poor Zero. $18,000 isn't bad for second though. Even gets a mini power crystal.
$46,000 for Flashu

Hopefully Flash can continue playing

NeoCross

Hazaro said:
Poor Zero. $18,000 isn't bad for second though. Even gets a mini power crystal.
$46,000 for Flashu

Hopefully Flash can continue playing
Flash earns $200k+ yearly just for playing BW. I doubt he's going to quit/switch anytime soon.

twofold

NeoCross said:
Flash earns $200k+ yearly just for playing BW. I doubt he's going to quit/switch anytime soon.

I think Hazaro was talking about Flash's carpal tunnel. It'd be a shame if he had to retire due to injury.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
twofold said:
I think Hazaro was talking about Flash's carpal tunnel. It'd be a shame if he had to retire due to injury.
Yeah, some physical stuff. After taking gold in both he might take some time off is what I was guessing. Just need to hook up that OCZ brain thing to Flash so he can be even better.

*And Flash won without science vessels. Bizzaro world.

Top Bottom