• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ABC News: Russian mafia boss still at large after FBI wiretap at Trump Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

chadskin

There, indeed, was an FBI wiretap involving Russians at Trump Tower.

But it was not placed at the behest of Barack Obama, and the target was not the Trump campaign of 2016. For two years ending in 2013, the FBI had a court-approved warrant to eavesdrop on a sophisticated Russian organized crime money-laundering network that operated out of unit 63A in Trump Tower in New York.

The FBI investigation led to a federal grand jury indictment of more than 30 people, including one of the world’s most notorious Russian mafia bosses, Alimzhan Tokhtakhounov. Known as the “Little Taiwanese,” he was the only target to slip away, and he remains a fugitive from American justice.

Seven months after the April 2013 indictment and after Interpol issued a red notice for Tokhtakhounov, he appeared near Donald Trump in the VIP section of the Miss Universe pageant in Moscow. Trump had sold the Russian rights for Miss Universe to a billionaire Russian shopping mall developer.
The FBI investigation did not implicate Trump. But Trump Tower was under close watch. Some of the Russian mafia figures worked out of unit 63A in the iconic skyscraper — just three floors below Trump’s penthouse residence — running what prosecutors called an “international money-laundering, sports gambling and extortion ring.”
http://abcnews.go.com/US/story-fbi-wiretap-russians-trump-tower/story?id=46266198

Trump was right!!!

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
RUSSIA AND TRUMP IN TRUMP TOWER

MONEY LAUNDERING!

HAHAHAHAHAHA

"just three floors below Trump’s penthouse residence — running what prosecutors called an “international money-laundering, sports gambling and extortion ring.”

Ayyyyyyyyyy

Surfinn

Some of the Russian mafia figures worked out of unit 63A in the iconic skyscraper — just three floors below Trump’s penthouse residence — running what prosecutors called an “international money-laundering, sports gambling and extortion ring.”

Wait is this as big of a deal as I think it is?

Kvik

This stuff really reads like John le Carre novels.

There's probably a cottage in Mar-a-lago set exclusively for dead drops.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
....Why is the Russian Mafia boss called "Little Taiwanese"?

Reminds me of a character from The Wire. Went by the name 'The Greek', was not actually greek. The idea is that its an intentional misdirection.

I'm guessing this bit of Wiretapping is what fed Trump's fear that he was being Wiretapped in 2016.

MIMIC

Banned
Seven months after the April 2013 indictment and after Interpol issued a red notice for Tokhtakhounov, he appeared near Donald Trump in the VIP section of the Miss Universe pageant in Moscow.

lol what? I mean.....how??

The FBI investigation did not implicate Trump. But Trump Tower was under close watch. Some of the Russian mafia figures worked out of unit 63A in the iconic skyscraper — just three floors below Trump’s penthouse residence — running what prosecutors called an “international money-laundering, sports gambling and extortion ring.”
how does this make any sense at all

UberTag

This stuff really reads like John le Carre novels.

There's probably a cottage in Mar-a-lago set exclusively for dead drops.
Do they really need a cottage? Can't they just exchange money during one of Trump's golf games while the media is locked inside their little duct tape prison?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Republicans lost their minds when they thought the black man was this bad, but now that their guy actually is this bad, it's mums the word.

Keep on fuckin that chicken.

The only way this could get goofier is if Trump is revealed to have been the sports betting bookie. He's doesn't use computers... an oldschool physical ledger sounds right up his alley.

I eagerly await his morning tweets about how his tower was bugged and just conveniently not mentioning that it was regarding Russian organized crime.

Reminds me of a character from The Wire. Went by the name 'The Greek', was not actually greek. The idea is that its an intentional misdirection.

I'm guessing this bit of Wiretapping is what fed Trump's fear that he was being Wiretapped in 2016.

I guess it makes sense for TV, didn't think it would be used in real life.

Alternatively maybe he just really likes Taiwanese food and drama?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Russian buyers were particularly drawn to Trump licensed condo towers in Hollywood, Florida, and Sunny Isles. Local real estate agents credited the Russian migration for turning the coastal Miami-area community into what they called Little Moscow.

lol.

Xe4

Banned
The FBI investigation did not implicate Trump. But Trump Tower was under close watch. Some of the Russian mafia figures worked out of unit 63A in the iconic skyscraper — just three floors below Trump's penthouse residence — running what prosecutors called an ”international money-laundering, sports gambling and extortion ring."
Seven months after the April 2013 indictment and after Interpol issued a red notice for Tokhtakhounov, he appeared near Donald Trump in the VIP section of the Miss Universe pageant in Moscow.
Fucking WHAT?!?
Damn, even if it doesn't come back to Trump (probably won't, given FBI investigation not implicating him), that's a helluva coincidence, lol.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
....Why is the Russian Mafia boss called "Little Taiwanese"?

Because he looks like this

OkCbu4r.jpg

JlN7DHN.jpg

And, because, of course, here he is with Sepp Blatter

RTGMpUV.jpg

ElRenoRaven

So basically Trump has been dirty for many years and in bed with Russian scumbags for years. Nice. Good job voting him in power republicans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom