• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ABC News: Russian mafia boss still at large after FBI wiretap at Trump Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly what in the actual fuck were republican and democratic opposition researchers fucking doing that whole time??

Democrats get a small pass for the dossier.

But those republican opposition researchers must be the biggest bunch of incompetent overpaid chimpanzees to ever grace the campaign trail.

I mean everywhere these journalists look there's a pile of shit on Trump from his business to pretty much everything he does.

Glad to see those campaign opposition researchers were just content to pick up a check for seemingly doing nothing .

kess

Honestly what in the actual fuck were republican and democratic opposition researchers fucking doing that whole time??

But those republican opposition researchers must be the biggest bunch of incompetent overpaid chimpanzees to ever grace the campaign trail.

I mean everywhere these journalists look there's a pile of shit on Trump from his business to pretty much everything he does.

Glad to see those campaign opposition researchers were just content to pick up a check for seemingly doing nothing .

It was probably harder for them to dig up dirt without implicating themselves.

Steel

Banned

The dossier actually started when Jeb hired Steele. So....

commedieu

Banned
If this was a movie. It would be panned for being too unrealistic and heavy handed.

I'm glad it's becoming obvious. If Obama or Hillary did half the things the Republicans did, we'd see our first public hanging, and drowning.

It goes to show you why it's perfectly fine to say fuck the Republican party. And yes, they're right. This is no way to convince them, because it's not in russian.

They are selling us out. And people are applauding because they think they're getting coal jobs and fuck everyone else.

Zolo

I believe the story, but just to make sure the source for this is recent court papers right?
In court papers, the FBI described two years of intercepts of phone conversations and text message exchanges of the key figures in the gambling ring.
Would these be publicly available?

Lol this is incredible.
Just want to remind people that Donald's Russian Mafia connections separate from this story have been talked about for a while and go back over a decade.
Edit: Or was that ties to other mobs?

Stasis

Wait is this as big of a deal as I think it is?
No. This is the new USA. Trump can do whatever he wants. Whatever he has done in the past is the past. Nothing matters.

Apparently. I'll still protest, resist, and fight​ as much as I can but I've really given up hope anything will happen before next election. Just need to sway as many ppl as possible. Never thought we'd have to sway ppl towards the opposite of the USA's total failure but hey, it's a new world.

Steel

Banned
Oh really i guess i must of misread something somewhere.

Man, I really fucking miss Jeb. Although one wonders whether outside of the travel ban/wall the policies would be that different.

The democratic party took over paying for the Steele dossier after Jeb dropped out(Steele approached them with what he had and asked if he would be paid to continue, though at points he looked into it without being paid).

Seriously though, i really miss Jeb. I think back on Jeb with a nostalgia similar to how i think back on the 80s/90s. Things were simpler back then.

Fuck it feels like an eternity since the republican primary, look how far we've devolved. What a complete and total and utter shit show.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
This is entirely old news, right? All the original reporting years ago mentioned where he lived and did business, and that wiretaps were involved.

Two Words

SNL should do an Air Force One movie parody with Alec Baldwin playing Trump and he is just having a great time with his Russian terrorist buddies on the plane.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
What an unfortunate coincidence for Trump to keep being surrounded by Russian illegal activities. He can't catch a break.

1m9r0KQ.gif

Lmao, what the fuck

Now wait for Trump to try to spin this as positive for him:

"See, I was right, there was wiretapping! What, it wasn't from Obama, and there were Russian criminals there? Fake News!"

Zolo

Lmao, what the fuck

Now wait for Trump to try to spin this as positive for him:

"See, I was right, there was wiretapping! What, it wasn't from Obama, and there were Russian criminals there? Fake News!"

I guess he could try to take this opportunity to say that "wiretapping" referred to anywhere on Trump Tower and that Obama was president at the time, so was still in charge. Basically a way to try to shake the claim off him without trying to come off as completely wrong on it.

Mivey

The horror when you realize it feels there's been at least a year's worth of news, and it's only about two months into the presidency.
Trump is counting on people's limited memory. If he keeps creating enough bullshit news, people will eventually forget the Russia stuff. It's just funny how every time it's close to that happening, new stuff turns out.

Zolo

Trump is counting on people's limited memory. If he keeps creating enough bullshit news, people will eventually forget the Russia stuff. It's just funny how every time it's close to that happening, new stuff turns out.

Yeah. Didn't turn out so well with the wiretap claim where now it's just his claim being disproven by everyone not in his administration and the Russian news still going. And of course with an ongoing investigation, it's not leaving the news any time soon.

Bleepey

Chris Steele's Dossier was paid for by Republicans at least initially.

This is getting really old.
It's a dead horse and isn't helping discussion.

It succinctly and swiftly highlights the absurdity and the hypocrisy of the Republicans and their idiotic enablers, or rather, that of the plebs that voted for them. Social and economic anxiety and all that and blah, blah, blah. Then again, the Democrats truly dropped the ball on the one yard line, it was their game to lose.

Heck I was just going to say how amazed I was that Trump stories keep shocking me with their lows, but when I see "her emails" it truly angers me that the Orange Stain got away with the electoral college technicality, 'cause that's all that was, and the country and good people will have to suffer for his narcissism for a long, long time, and we are only 2 months into this insanity, and it won't be easy to revert it.

Chittagong

Gold Member
This is a lot of smoke, especially with that VIP booth 'coincidence'. A mob doesn't reside in your tower without you noticing.

Guy.brush

How did Trump ever think now would be the ripe time for a shady guy like him to run for President? Did his whole circle of "friends" around him convince him it would all be fine and nobody would lift the rug?

Did he think the system would now be corrupt enough for what is essentially a Sepp Blatter type character to ascend to Presidency?

I think it's important for people to have it hammered into their heads how stupid they were over and over again. Maybe they'll learn.

But I'm an optimist.
Naw. People who voted for him need to be reminded daily that they are responsible

I've become friends with a Trump supporter as of late, occasionally we'll have our political talks and what not, as I like to know how others feel about current events, especially since GAF only really gives me one side. It actually came up in one of our talks tonight. He complained that the only reason the Russian stuff is being investigated is because the left whined about it and that there's nothing there, I responded saying that that's how leftists feel about Hillary's investigation to which he replied that it's different because Hillary got caught doing stupid shit and Trump is innocent because everyone is out to get him.At that point I lost interest in continuing the discussion since I knew it would just be a lot of back and forth with no resolution or middle ground. So, no it's really not helping anyone, and just amounts to stupid forum posts.

From my social media, my anecdotal evidence is that, outside of my girlfriend, those that were against her before are still against her now, and have instead taken to defending Trump, regardless if they're right wing or not. A lot of self proclaimed libertarians seem to like him.

Wha, it hasn't even been a year yet.
That should show how over done it is.

It succinctly and swiftly highlights the absurdity and the hypocrisy of the Republicans and their idiotic enablers, or rather, that of the plebs that voted for them. Social and economic anxiety and all that and blah, blah, blah
For all the things posted about Trump here, it largely goes unnoticed by the masses and not one of his supporters/defenders either knows or cares about any of it. We can share all the articles on GAF we want, but GAF is largely left leaning and unless you're actually using this information to go out and convince others through debate and discussion, all you're really doing is circle jerking. Most people on here involved in the political threads didn't care about her emails and it isn't here that you should be trying to convert or scold Trump supporters.

Zolo

How did Trump ever think now would be the ripe time for a shady guy like him to run for President? Did his whole circle of "friends" around him convince him it would all be fine and nobody would lift the rug?
I kinda agree. Did he not expect to get a deep look into everything shady he's ever done?

Did he think the system would now be corrupt enough for what is essentially a Sepp Blatter type character to ascend to Presidency?

That said, this hasn't been proven wrong yet....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom