• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ABZÛ |OT| A Journey into an ocean of wisdom

Tevious

Is abzu worth 7 dollars? I loved journey btw

I think so. It's fairly linear exploration game and it has a few puzzles that are all pretty simple, but it's gorgeous and has nice serene music. It's more about the experience than the gameplay. If that sounds good to you, then go ahead and get it.

Finally played through the game last night, and wow I loved it! Beautiful for one, and the amount of different ocean life was amazing . A couple of the later areas were straight up terrifying however, but still terrific.

PudieRSC

Man I really wanted to love this game more then I actually did.

It's BEAUTIFUL, the sound is great, and I love me some deep sea anything. Journey is also my favorite PS3 game.

But I just couldn't fall in love with it. It undoubtedly is Deep Sea Journey, probably to a fault. They even had the one section where you travel sideways and fly by fast.

I really didn't like the man/machine parts. I guess I was just expecting some more of "OMG the sea is awesome!" with some hints of something more and instead the second half was basically machines bad, man ruins everything. And seriously, fuck those mines. It just seemed like it was trying to be more profound then it actually was whereas Journey balanced everything perfectly.

I dunno. Maybe I rushed through it too quick. I didn't get all the shells, so maybe I'll go back to just explore more. I did love the stuff where it's just massive whales, or big schools of fish.

1RwVtOI.gif

cQhph2a.gif

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'd love to see a sequel that makes a far larger more complex game, basically just make Echo the Dolphin in 3D but with a diver or something.

Kickz

I got this in a previous steam sale, and when people think of game as art this is a prime example. Just a pleasure to play and take in its atmosphere.

0racle

I found it entertaining. I beat it in one sitting and tried not to critique it and just enjoy the sights and sounds as I think that is the main purpose of the game. There are lots of flaws if one wanted to focus on them but there is no point. just absorb what your seeing and hearing and turn your brain off. Great experience.

Ricker

I would love to enjoy this game but I cant get use to the controls...I tried inverted and normal but it doesnt work for me...I always look up if I want to look down or whatever...sometimes I get it going for a few seconds but nope,all of sudden I am looking or turning the opposite of what I do with the analog sticks...cant get the regular left/right analog behavior out of my head it seems lol...oh well.

Got Abzu when it launched last year and found it to be another amazing Journey-like experience. Just finished Rime, which immediately made me want to go back and replay Abzu as well. Also considering picking up a physical copy (currently have digital), just so I can keep this fantastic piece of art on the shelf. Yup, I really liked Abzu.

Your GIF skills extend far beyond Horizon!

Top Bottom