• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AC Unity Patch 4 is now rolling out

On xbone the game ran amazing for me after patch 3. I loaded it again w patch 4 and its garbage franerates again. What? Big step back

rBose

Banned
ubi_duplicate.png

Has there been any more talk from Ubi about further patches, or is that it ?

Still waiting for an update to add the club competitions. I think they still aren't in there....are they?

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/news/152-189184-16/club-competitions-have-arrived

"Club Competitions Have Arrived!"

Very next sentence...

"Very soon, we’ll be launching Club Competitions which grant special access to high-level Legendary gear to the members of especially effective Clubs, so we wanted to give you an idea of what you can expect when they go live!"

Dat Ubisoft PR.

Omni

Sorry for bump but i held off playing unity until perofrmance patch and just started this tonight on xbox one.

I am in shock st how poor performance is. I am consistently hitting 15-20 frames along with every other issue thats already been discussed. Beyond these issues this could have topped black flag for me.

It is surreal to switch back and forth between this and black flag to see how dramatically different they look and play.

Three hours in and i think i am already done with this

Uh 15-20 frames on Xbox One? Record any footage?

There are dips, of course. But at least in my experience drops don't get that bad /shrug.

cripterion

Still no tesselation on pc... The game was ok for me before but they fucked it up more with each patch, now I get constant stutter and flashing textures. What a mess this has been.

3 high profile releases (unity, far cry 4 and da:I) and 3 fucked up games.

Still no tesselation on pc... The game was ok for me before but they fucked it up more with each patch, now I get constant stutter and flashing textures. What a mess this has been.

I on the other hand find my experience on PC with my setup (4670K @4Ghz, 970, 8 GBs ram) to be quite smooth.

I have like 1 or 2 major stutters (in which the game froze for like half a second) during 3-hour game session. (I tried to count it every time I played during the holiday). Otherwise, the game holds above 50 fps all the time with all settings maxed, except with FXAA at 1080p.

My only issue still with the game is the pop-in of NPCs' costumes. Damn jarring.

But overall, the game can still be enjoyable.

Edit: just make sure to verify your game files after a patch, which is in my opinion a good practice, whether it's steam or uplay.

cripterion

I on the other hand find my experience on PC with my setup (4670K @4Ghz, 970, 8 GBs ram) to be quite smooth.

I have like 1 or 2 major stutters (in which the game froze for like half a second) during 3-hour game session. (I tried to count it every time I played during the holiday). Otherwise, the game holds above 50 fps all the time with all settings maxed, except with FXAA at 1080p.

My only issue still with the game is the pop-in of NPCs' costumes. Damn jarring.

But overall, the game can still be enjoyable.

Yeah it's no doubt they borked the SLI on this game cause I'm also running it at 1080P with FXAA but on SLI 970's, 4790K @4.4ghz and 16GB.
I get stutter while climbing regular buildings and at random corners of the street.
Combine that with the flashing textures and I feel like I'm playing an alpha version here.

It's not really related but my experience with Nvidia and SLI after getting the GTX970 has been really sub par... Was really happy with my 2 GTX 670's, so why the hell do I feel like I'm getting a worse experience with more recent and powerful cards??

have to agree, with patch 4 fixing txaa and PCSS, the game looks amazing. im getting 35 to 50 fps at 1920x1200 all maxed w/ txaa on my 980

Sioen

This is my first time playing since launch on xbox one and wow that difference is huge in performance. It actually feels good to play now.

It's not really related but my experience with Nvidia and SLI after getting the GTX970 has been really sub par... Was really happy with my 2 GTX 670's, so why the hell do I feel like I'm getting a worse experience with more recent and powerful cards??

Ah yes, SLI, sweet as honey when it works and stings like a bitch when it doesn't.

Well I guess that is because the drivers for Maxwell cards are not as optimized as Kepler's. I guess we will have to wait for Nvidia to improve that. Also Ubisoft cannot code for SLI for shit.

This is my only big concern as well because I really want to slap another 970 in my rig as preparation for TW3, hopefully it will be somehow better by then.

Try turning off one of your card and see if you are happier?

badb0y

GTX 780 SLI here and just beat the game. Smooth as butter locked at 60 FPS with everything maxed out except I am using FXAA since the other options seemed broken.

Omni

Yeah I'll record a 5 minute clip and post later. I have yet to see 30 except for when I am in an interior. The thing is stuttering consistently for me on top of floating NPCs and the two locks in my first 3-4 hrs of playtime. Mind you, I am doing nothing but exploring/synchronizing at this point.
Hmmm. Well that sucks

I'm about 90% through the storyline and I've spent hours exploring. While I know it's not 30 while on ground level, I don't think it has ever consistently dipped that low for me.

Shame about all these technical issues. Game is pretty damn solid. My favourite since ACII (though that isn't saying much)

Also MCC, Tetris Ultimate and Singstar. And arguably Just Dance 2015.

Valonquar

More fixes just in time for me to uninstall the game entirely since I've been done with it for weeks already >_> Why can't they just delay these AAA titles the additional couple of months they clearly needed...

Just got it for PS4 yesterday. Pop-in aside it seems to run fairly well although the AI can be really really sporadic sometimes. I had about 10 people pile over a horse carriage for no reason. People just leak from the walls.

Well, I finally had an update from Ubisoft regarding the PS4 fan issue.

Thomas @ Ubisoft Support 01/01/2015 @ 14:56
Hi

Unfortunately this is a known issue that we are aware of. This is caused by the menu having a higher resolution and quality in the game. At the moment there isn't any further information on this matter, if I get any I shall inform you if I can.

You wrote 17/12/2014 @ 20:39
Hello,

As pointed out on your forums, the PS4 fan speed kicks in to 100% when in any of the menus for Assassins Creed Unity.

Is there going to be a fix for this?

Forum Thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/955623-In-game-menus-loud-fan-noise?p=10449432#post10449432

I mean, how hard is it to lower a fucking resolution or put in an FPS cap on the menu?
The mind truly and utterly boggles at Unity's dev team.

Top Bottom