• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AC Unity Patch 4 is now rolling out

chadskin

Patched released. 6.5 GB downloading on PS4.

6.5gb big. Christ.

B4_3BrjCYAA-6FH.jpg:large

chadskin said:
Xbox One Patch 4 is reportedly 40 GB large.
Update on XBO Patch 4:
We have received and confirmed reports that some Xbox One players who have previously applied Patch 3 are seeing a 40GB download instead of the expected 6.7GB download. Unfortunately, an issue with the patch downloading process is replacing the entire game instead of just the parts affected by the patch. This is obviously not the expected behavior, and we apologize that many of you will have to wait longer than expected to complete this download. This issue isn’t causing any other problems and once the download is completed players will have the most-up-to-date and fully patched version of Assassin’s Creed Unity.

We are working with Microsoft on a solution to reduce the total download to the intended size so that you can get back into the game faster, but as of now we have no ETA on when this will be resolved.

Currently there is one known workaround: Owners of the disc version of the game can uninstall the game and reinstall it. On starting the game, the patch process will start with the correct download size.
Patch Notes:
As part of our ongoing efforts to provide the best experience for our players, we will be releasing Patch 4 for Assassin’s Creed Unity today. This patch is mainly focused on alleviating performance issues and improving the overall experience.

Part of the team’s effort to enhance frame rate for players involves replacing and updating portions of the Paris city map where we are seeing issues. This explains the large size of this title update (6.7 GB). However, since a large portion of the patch replaces existing files the net increase to the game’s overall size will be less than 6.7 GB.

Patch 4 delivers a variety fixes including:

• Performance & Stability: Frame rate drops, game crashes, lost progression
  • Gameplay: Navigation, lock picking chests
  • Online: Connectivity, matchmaking, companion app

This Patch is rolling out to Xbox One and PS4 players today and will be available later in the week on PC. You can find the full patch notes here.
http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US....aspx?c=tcm:152-188856-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Impressions:
First gameplay of mine with the patch installed.
http://a.pomf.se/cjzltx.mp4
Crowds after patch.

http://a.pomf.se/diixkm.mp4

This isn't the biggest crowd though. Game definitely feels smoother.

Really fast impressions from 5 mins walking around Paris. It definitively feels smother now. Still theres some drops in the big crowded areas, not as much as before. Still need to check the most problematic areas.

I dont see any other changes btw, still NPC pop-in, same (or almost the same) NPC countdown, same long ass loading times... and still no Club competitions (I know DLC wasnt about that but come the fuck on...)
There still frame drops in the entrace of Notre Dame with all of those NPCs, but way less than before.

Overall it seems to improve the framerate in all cases but dont expect steady framerate everywhere.

Initial impression is a lot smoother. But I'm in a mission and can't Freerooam. ATM.

Ok guys, it's A LOT smoother, framerate has definitely been improved. I'm pretty sure it's 30 fps (or very close).

But I don't know if the visuals have been scale down.

Frame rate is good (way better than before... for now). My wife hasn't seen any frame rate problems (she is the one playing).

Okay, just replayed Sequence 2
Arno in prison
and the frame rate is way more stable. Still feels like it drops sub-30 now and again but nowhere near as bad as it was.

Good patch. Seems like it's good to play now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Nim0WDzYw

The framerate dropped heavily here pre-patch and it still does post-patch. You can't really notice it in the video though, I don't think. Either way, still feels 20-25ish fps.

The difference is substantial. Movement feels way more smooth, panning the camera around goes way faster.

Looking forward to the DF review, but so far it looks like a good patch. Not sure what they tweaked, didn't notice any apparant downgrading.

Yes, definitely smoother. Some areas surprisingly good on performance eg.
'The Execution'
where probably the most NPCs in the game are at one time, performs better than when outisde the Palais and Notre Dame, where it shows the least gains. Unfortunately, the weird pop-in at ridiculous short distances hasn't really been changed, you still get the random clothing changes etc.

No obvious downgrades to my eye, so will be interesting to see some comparisons later.

If you have played past AC games on PS3, it probably performs better than those games now. Just don't expect locked 30. Let's just say running around the city, it has been improved from the 20-25 bracket to 25-30.

I'll always resent having played and completed this game during what was essentially the public beta...that I paid for. People starting now will probably have a much better experience.

kaioshade

FIX. FUCKING. INITIATES.

Seriously Ubisoft. If you are going to promote initiates and all sorts of other shit as part of the experience make sure it at least works.

The Llama

Kind of sad that they couldn't find a more "global" solution to the framerate issues and instead had to just replace certain parts of the map.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Hmm I seem to remember it did at release from people who got the game.
The game never forces microtransactions on you. They're not needed at all. The only way you access them is by pressing "hack" while looking at items.

Top Bottom