• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

dankir

aUITcit.jpg

I'm just waiting to see which one of you will be the first to order this when it is available.

Guilty as charged.

Have the Jae Lee figures been posted in here yet?

B7-tx-eIUAEeoNk.jpg

I'm seriously debating getting all four.

I need to add a Superman figure to my collection, but I don't know if this should be the one. The face looks better than the one on the New 52 figures. I like the glowing red eyes.

Cheska

The Capullo line is great, definitely been one of my favorite lines to collect since it came out. Same for their BTAS/TNBA line.

Eh Wonder Woman and Catwoman looks okay, but ewwwww at Batman and Superman's face.:|

I don't disagree about Capullo, I generally like his stuff too. But I'm not a big fan of his Catwoman.

As for Jae Lee, the lines are just his style. He's actually an excellent comic book artist, and draws some pretty stunning work.

Drayco21

Statue Gaf would cannibalize Figure Gaf with all those Bishoujos.

I picked this guy up this week. Wanted to beat the mad rush after the movie comes out. Have you guys seen Ronan prices lately?

He was pretty expensive even before the movie- probably comes with being a BAF to an FF wave I doubt many retailers were too hot to stock. I'd love to see Hasbro put out a better Ronan and Annihilus at some point, though. Maybe we'll get a Select one day.

Fantomex

He was pretty expensive even before the movie- probably comes with being a BAF to an FF wave I doubt many retailers were too hot to stock. I'd love to see Hasbro put out a better Ronan and Annihilus at some point, though. Maybe we'll get a Select one day.

Here's hoping

Neoxon

Hot Toys Star-Lord is so tempting, as are Thanos & AoU Cap.
Hulkbuster Iron Man would be hella expensive by itself.

Zerojul

aUITcit.jpg

I'm just waiting to see which one of you will be the first to order this when it is available.

I said I would never ever think about getting it, but each time I see a pic I can see that my resolve is not that absolute. I have no idea how I would get that kind of money, fortunately.

I said I would never ever think about getting it, but each time I see a pic I can see that my resolve is not that absolute. I have no idea how I would get that kind of money, fortunately.
It's not even money that's the issue with that figure. It's trying to come up with a way to display it. It's the reason I'm going to be passing on it. On top of it costing an arm and leg, it's just way too big. Articulation is probably not going to be the best thing in the world as well due to how chunky it is.

10599567_10152665861827467_7484773257921181588_n.jpg

Wanderer5

Heh yeah that thing is huge and bulky along with the fact that it going to be a lot of $$$. Not going to give it even the slight chance of consideration.XD

Zerojul

It's not even money that's the issue with that figure. It's trying to come up with a way to display it.
See, that's the thing. I have just the right place ;)
Articulation is probably not going to be the best thing in the world as well due to how chunky it is.
That's very true, but it's so gorgeous !!!
Still, no way I'm getting it.
Probably.

Edit : cross post from FigureGaf, there's a bunch of Hot Toys Stormtroopers (final product) pics on the HT FB feed. I like this one :

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Edit : cross post from FigureGaf, there's a bunch of Hot Toys Stormtroopers (final product) pics on the HT FB feed. I like this one :

Stormtroopers are out now? I thought they were supposed to be August.

Just checked it's seems to only be the two pack release right now, but the single will follow shortly.

Glad I pre-ordered mine with OSB, just got a Queen of the Dead preparing to charge invoice, my first Kier flex pay invoice, my end of the month amiami/nippan-yassan bills will be small in comparison, but still there.

My 2 cents on the Hot Toys Hulkbuster is that it looks amazing and if I don't buy one I'll probably regret it for the rest of my life. That said, we all know it'll cost a small fortune, and if I wasn't getting my Hot Toys figures at wholesale + shipping from my job then I wouldn't even consider it. As it stands now, I'll probably sell off a large chunk of my Transformers collection just to afford it. But the Canadian exchange rate is going to be brutal, I'll probably end up paying as much as US MSRP because of it.

Snaku

Banned
Figure GAF should all chip in on buying one Hulkbuster and then we'll all get it for several weeks every year like a time share.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I wanted a Hulkbuster when I saw the first Avengers:Age of Ultron trailer, but once the hype left me I realized I couldn't justify spending the amount he'll cost just so I could display him properly:

qBzHOCn.jpg

Sure it looks cool, but Hulk's gonna stomp a mud hole in Ironman's ass...

Zerojul

I wanted a Hulkbuster when I saw the first Avengers:Age of Ultron trailer, but once the hype left me I realized I couldn't justify spending the amount he'll cost just so I could display him properly:

qBzHOCn.jpg

Sure it looks cool, but Hulk's gonna stomp a mud hole in Ironman's ass...

Ha ha, that's true.

God help me if a pose remotely like this one is possible though :

Zerojul

Slightly better pic. Still awesome.

Holy crap it's beautiful. I didn't get him because the design differs too much from the comics for my taste (yes I know, Ultimate version looks exactly like that but I'm more of an "Earth 616" kinda guy).
But the figure is very, very good. Congrats.

dankir

I understand that some people are turned off by Hulkbuster because it'll probably be the most expensive HT they'll have ever released (1:12 The Bat is the most expensive one I've seen at 729.99)

But you don't know where to display it? Come on now, you'll figure it out. I have a Titan Class Metroplex and Fortress Maximus that are both 2 FT tall and I have no idea where I'm going to put them but I'll come up with something.

If you're insane enough to spend this kind of money on an inanimate plastic toy, then the rest will come later.

I really want an 89' Batmobile and that's even bigger, just trying to find one at a good price.

figma Saber: Dress ver.
o0515069113208742472.jpg

“There is one last thing I need to say…”

From the popular anime Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] comes a figma of Saber wearing her dress without armor!
· Using the smooth yet posable joints of figma, you can act out a variety of different scenes.
· She comes with three expressions including a gallant face, a gentle smile and a bright smile filled with happiness.
· Optional parts include Excalibur and its scabbard Avalon, as well as the bamboo sword from the series.
· She also comes with alternate hair parts to display her hair blowing gently in the wind.
· An articulated figma stand is included, which allows various poses to be taken.
Oooooooooooooohhh!!! (●´ω`●)

A gentle smile with her lovely blue and white dress! A much more relaxed version of Saber compared to her normal armored appearance!

The elegant dress combined with her angelic smile…

It’s hard to think of her as a servant in Holy Grail War when she looks like this…
o0515044513208742229.jpg

This version also features her with her hair untied up, and the hair comes in both a standard version as well as a more dynamic one – as if being blown by a gentle breeze! I’m sure that wind has a lovely fresh scent to it as well! <&#9675;><&#9675;>

Along with the gentle smile above,

She also comes with a more confident expression!
o0515041413208742471.jpg

The bamboo sword that appeared in the anime series ‘Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works]‘ is also included! I want to display her with a certain other character from the series as soon as possible!

Excalibur and its scabbard Avalon are also included!
o0515056813208742227.jpg

=================================
=================================
1000095433_2_2015020519095546f.jpg

1000095433_5.jpg

http://figsoku.net/blog-entry-9890.html
IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/52121/
92313_BOXTOP2.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/51981/
022.jpg

Something about best sanding tools for extra parts on plastic(?)
s04.jpg

07.jpg

http://hobby.dengeki.com/news/50724/
blogger-image-1563029410-noscale.jpg

PackRat's custom 'Movie' Deadpool is crazy. Crazy awesome!

Top Bottom