• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

spookyfish

Reposting from the other thread. Here's some upcoming figures from Hot toys

Hot Toys Ripley Figure
10955760_780642985343570_4837107606617099345_n.jpg

10888568_780643015343567_3269675851420705068_n.jpg

Wow. That 1979 Alien Ripley fig looks amazing.

E the Shaggy

Apparently already making their way to market.

Someone claimed they got this in the mail from robotkingdom.com today. I remember seeing them for pre-order there, but i didn't know much about the site so avoided ordering from there. Maybe that was a mistake!

10974520_788517531234618_8082204415890055849_o.jpg

That Anti-Venom is terrible. Go with the better version:

DC10845lg.jpg

How much LEGO are we talking here?
Not to get too into LEGOGAF territory

Quite a bit. The last 7 modular buildings and some other stuff (VW bus, Mini Cooper, Sopwith).

According to BrickSet, I have a little over $2k in LEGO. Shit.

curb

Banned
Quite a bit. The last 7 modular buildings and some other stuff (VW bus, Mini Cooper, Sopwith).

According to BrickSet, I have a little over $2k in LEGO. Shit.

Sometimes I can't believe how much money people put into Lego, Hot Toys, etc but then I just stop and do a quick count of how much I've spent on video games over the last ten years and it all makes sense.

That's great though, Lego puts out some awesome stuff
like that SHIELD helicarrier
. If I can encourage my daughter to get into one toy as she gets older, it'll be Lego.

Drayco21

That Anti-Venom is terrible. Go with the better version:

DC10845lg.jpg

I still can't believe they're really just repainting the Symbiote figure no one already wanted and rereleasing it, again, but this time two per case. We're going to be seeing Anti-Venom wasting store space for years. At least Guardians' Gummy Bear Iron Man will finally have company on all those pegs.

Unless you really want it, I'd avoid most Play Arts Kai unless you can pick it up in person and inspect the goods.

There are some serious quality control issues with their products. Smudged paint and shadings all over the place. It annoys me.

If you're talking to me, I do get to pick it up in person. I checked as much as I could and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it. My memory is a little vague there, though.

I do really want it.

Sometimes I can't believe how much money people put into Lego, Hot Toys, etc but then I just stop and do a quick count of how much I've spent on video games over the last ten years and it all makes sense.

That's great though, Lego puts out some awesome stuff
like that SHIELD helicarrier
. If I can encourage my daughter to get into one toy as she gets older, it'll be Lego.

I like to take the view that I am very blessed to have the disposable income to waste on stupid nerdy shit.

curb

Banned
I like to take the view that I am very blessed to have the disposable income to waste on stupid nerdy shit.

For sure. I've gone from a place of wondering how to pay my mortgage to being able to afford much of what I want to buy for fun. It's a huge swing and I'm thankful every day.

Loxley

It has become one of my life goals to eventually get the Hot Toys Christopher Reeve Superman. I don't care what inflated price I'll probably have to pay...one day it will be mine.

xezuru

Wish I had the money to buckle in to the figures I always wanted.
I usually tend to Metal/Cyber Suit figures because skin tone and faces are hard not to make derpy sometimes, and disjoint make more sense in them.

Makes me pretty depressed I'll never get that Sam Gideon Vanquish Play-Arts.
Similarly almost dropping like 100 bucks for that initial D car 1/6 scale model.

Man I don't have enough money for this shit to be tugging my heart strings.

Drayco21

I'm actually really surprised with how much I ended up liking the new Captain Marvel figure.

I only really picked her up in part because of the rush of seeing one of the new Legends in the wild, and because I figure she'll be the hardest figure in the wave to end up getting, so I reasoned that at the very least, I could probably find someone willing to buy her in a few months. After all, I hate the costume, and I hate the run on the comics this version of the character is based on, plus when we first saw pictures of her, I thought the figure would end up being a potential disaster- the painted lines require way more precision than I'd expect from Hasbro, especially with how often they managed to mess up the paint on he much simpler Ms. Marvel costume. I'm actually blown away how good the paint looks in-person. It's super crisp and really pops on my shelf.

This and the 3-Pack Carol are the first figures I've bought that were made on this newer mold, and I think it's probably the best female template in the history of Marvel Legends- it doesn't feel nearly as restricted as the Spider-Girl/Jubilee body, it's not nearly as prone to falling over or as static as the Black Widow/Gamora body, and it's leagues ahead of anything from the Toybiz days. Still, it's not perfect. This mold really needs a waist swivel, a I'd like to see swivels at the thigh too. The arms on this mold are more like the teen girl body than any other Legends- they feel weirdly tight and restrictive, especially when they're supposed to bend at the elbow. That said, she looks so freaking great in a flying pose, I'm going to need to start investing in some flight stands for my shelf- does anyone have any solid suggestions for stands to support a Legends figure? I know there's a lot of Japanese stands on Amazon, but Legends are a bit bigger and heavier than the average Figma, Revoltech or what have you- those'd probably still work though, right?

LosDaddie

Banned
Reposting from the other thread. Here's some upcoming figures from Hot toys

Some shots of Thanos at Hot toys secret base store in HK.
10356225_843704819023640_7953700243109688120_n.jpg

1508503_843704825690306_5396916467922754435_n.jpg

No Infinity Gauntlet = No Buy. I will own an HT Thanos....just not until then.

Hot Toys did do an awesome job on Thanos, though. I really like his throne.

Here is my Thrasher Batman. I like this pose.

B4q1SjhCQAEzVZZ.jpg

Such an awesome figure. I just had to buy it for my son. He's only 1yo right now. So he won't be opening it for probably 5yrs.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Cool, thanks. Going to keep mine in the box, too bad they take up so much space.

I've got a 21 L plastic box, made by "really useful boxes" that looks like this:
With two of these inside of it:

Granted just starting out, you won't need something like this yet, but it holds most hands and accessory's, so that I can switch things when I get bored of the pose their in, without needing to go through the box opening ordeal with every figure...

Here is my Thrasher Batman. I like this pose.

B4q1SjhCQAEzVZZ.jpg

That's a badass pose! I suppose I'm an in-box collector, but seeing the different pics in this thread makes me want to open up my Thrasher and play with different poses too!

Maybe I should buy two Thrasher's, one for posing, one to keep in box. But then i go down a road of buying two of everything and then it gets crazy.

So got my Armorize Iron Man. LOVE it. I'm telling you, that Stark head...

Its a solid figure with die cast pieces, makes it somewhat of a heavier toy when hes all armored up. I would be stoked if they sold other snap on pieces and a new head separately and this was our base.

10963761_1380285772283104_1526339785_n.jpg

10948717_344525725739657_2020681742_n.jpg

3N16MA

Banned
Headed into Target today to see what they had in stock before the liquidation started. All I could find was one Hawkeye and one Iron Fist from the Odin series sitting in some random aisle.

They did have three stacks of Spider-Man figures untouched.

3N16MA

Banned
Didn't know AF GAF was a thing until now. Here's my evergoing Hot Toys collection. Just got Robocop in the other day.

Very nice collection.

ookZZQU.jpg

Found this at Target. If you squint and use your imagination it's almost like having the upcoming Hot Toys version :)

Drayco21

no MU 3.75 love?

Nice collection! I used to love MU, always wanted to find that Frost Giant and Beta Ray Bill, and only switched over to Legends a year ago because Kaine got a Legend instead of a MU, and then everything started to go to shit. It's a shame they're so content to let this line die. It sounds like Kaine might actually get an upcoming MU figure, so maybe I'll slide back into them this year.

Rootbeer

Banned
Of course I love MU 3.75 :) The problem is that you can't really get into 3.75 anymore as Hasbro has shifted their focus so much that we're not getting the nice 3.75 selection we used to.

But if you were lucky enough to be collecting over the last 10 years or so there were chances to get a ton of great figures in that scale

really nice collection you have

Top Bottom