• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

So I saw this thread and have been scrolling through. Very inspired to take up action figures as a hobby. Been eyeing this Play Arts Arkham City Robin figure for about $60 at my local comic book store (not actual photo of figure at my comic store).
play+arts+kai+robin+01.jpg

Decided to go searching in the basement through mah old toys to see if I have any action figures in a decent condition.

Boy was I not good to my toys. Still searching for good ones, putting pieces together. Found a couple good ones. A lot of Bionicles.

Zerojul

God I don't like those designs. Pass. Last DBZ SHF I ordered is #16, I passed on Vegeto too. I'd like a Yamcha, a Tenshinhan, a Roshi.... But Super Saiyans/Fusion stuff sell much better than old DB characters I guess.

From the Hot Toys FB feed :

Lots of other pics on it if you're interested.

In other news, I just PO'd the Hot Toys AoU Cap. I wonder which one will be next in line for preorder... Thor maybe ?

Rootbeer

Banned
re: NECA 89 Batman, seen a few at TRU over the last few weeks. They sell fairly well but restock pretty often.

Thanks on the Hot Toys coupon info.

Rootbeer

Banned
Apparently already making their way to market.

Someone claimed they got this in the mail from robotkingdom.com today. I remember seeing them for pre-order there, but i didn't know much about the site so avoided ordering from there. Maybe that was a mistake!

10974520_788517531234618_8082204415890055849_o.jpg

Y'know... I might resort to OneSixthBruce for AoU Cap. Sure delivery will take ages, but I don't need it as soon as it releases.
Yeah, that makes sense :D

Hm, I would like to have a magnetic Spider-Man figure that I could stick on my refridgerator... Is there something not that expensive avaiable anywhere?
The best magnetic Spidey I've seen is the Spider-Man 2 one, but it's really hard to find. I've seen it on eBay for a reasonable price, bit it was bundled with all these other figures.

Only one I can find now: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/121558721567?nav=SEARCH

SUPARSTARX

Unless you really want it, I'd avoid most Play Arts Kai unless you can pick it up in person and inspect the goods.

There are some serious quality control issues with their products. Smudged paint and shadings all over the place. It annoys me.

Rootbeer

Banned
Whats the stuff next to Spidey (I dont mean the sperated hands and heads) I cant recognize it...

Do you mean the slice of pizza?

Yes, this spidey comes with a slice of pizza... it's cool but I'm not really sure why. I guess since he's a New Yorker he eats a lot of pizza?

10454295_525366510932753_861102276069566195_n.jpg

1:12 Scale
The Dark Knight Trilogy – Tumbler
1/12 scale remote control vehicle
The first Hi quality furnished “Playable” Tumbler

Soap Studio Company Limited proudly presents the mobile app fully-controlled 1/12 RC “The Dark Knight Tumbler. “ This collectable item maximized to match the film vehicle in shape and functions, it also features an innovative mobile app control interface with first-person camera vision that turns every player to Batman. The controllable functions including cockpit open/close, spoiler movement, voice intercom, Jet power mode to boost speed up to 30% with light effects, night vision LED and camera, plus a fine furnished thematic display charging platform and much more…

Product Name: The Dark Knight Trilogy – Tumbler
Product Number: SSRC-001
Ratio: 1/12
Control: Totally control by an IOS or Android App via Wifi with two mode: Joypad mode and G-Force mode

Features:
- App controlled cockpit door open & close
- Cockpit LED light-up function with sound effect
- First ever Tumbler with a High Quality 640x480 Build-in Camera, first person vision within mobile app
- Camera for photo snap and video recording
- Voice intercom function
- 85nm Night Vision LED
- Advanced Night Vision LENS
- App controllable spoiler’s movements
- App-controlled Jet Power mode to boost speed by 30% with red and blue LED lights and sound effects
- 2100mAH Li-On battery for up to 1.5 Hours play time. Long lasting battery pack to extend the time for fun
- Perfectly decorated and furnished like the real Tumbler
- True 1:12 ratio
- Over 14 x high power LED lights
- Over 500pcs of model parts

Special bonus accessories:
- 6” Batman figure with Over 20 points of articulations
- Specially designed theatrical-themed display charger with LED light-up function
https://www.facebook.com/soapstudiohk/posts/525367770932627
399882-2t.jpg
JPY for the Tumbler, to include Batman and display =
JPY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAXzJnZAFNA&feature=youtu.be

Rootbeer

Banned
I got the nendo Link on the first go-around from amiami.com

you can still get him on amazon.com for around $43 so it's not like he's hard to get in my area, but for some areas the re-release could be a very welcome thing.

yes amiami has the reissue on pre-order for just over 3000 yen but after shipping the difference between that and just getting it off amazon isn't much, plus you'd get it a lot faster from amazon

NateDog

Perhaps the Revoltech Micro Figure? I'm not sure if you can get him for 25-30 but perhaps 35-40. Pair it with Cyborg Ninja from the same line.

A friend of mine just got that and said it's great. I have the Revolmini Snake but haven't opened him yet, should go well with my REX model kit though (which I also haven't opened, seriously need somewhere to put all my stuff on display).

Finally picked up my PAK Red XIII (Final Fantasy VII), probably won't be opening him for a while either but I'm so happy to have it. Hope there aren't any issues with it but from what I've seen the QC has been better with the Advent Children run so far.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Y'know... I might resort to OneSixthBruce for AoU Cap. Sure delivery will take ages, but I don't need it as soon as it releases.

Did you shoot collectible kitbash a message? Again with OSB, by the time Cap releases they might have sorted their shit out, and they might not have, they will still be the last place I'd recommend for customer service. I got an email that my Robocop payment would be due last month, and haven't heard a peep since, all other UK sellers had him by now. It's gonna be a longer wait, they just won't admit it.

The chain works like this:

A Hot Toy get released in Hong Kong, 1-2 months later they arrive by boat to Sideshow to distribute in the US, 2-4 months after Sideshow gets them they arrive in the UK. Best prices in the UK are the local dealers, but also the longest wait time. OSB is currently in the 7-8 months time frame, some people still waiting for their 66 batman figures.

Flintty

Someone claimed they got this in the mail from robotkingdom.com today. I remember seeing them for pre-order there, but i didn't know much about the site so avoided ordering from there. Maybe that was a mistake!

That half masked spidey head would be awesome for a Lady Deadpool #1 custom :) If only there was a good way to make hair.

1197386-60_lady_deadpool_1.jpg

Edit* Creative senses tingling! I might buy him and the spider girl and make my own Lady DP :)

Come on BBTS ship it. Dying to get my hands on that Spidey 2099.

Zerojul

A Hot Toy get released in Hong Kong, 1-2 months later they arrive by boat to Sideshow to distribute in the US, 2-4 months after Sideshow gets them they arrive in the UK.

Does that mean every HT sold by European retailers came through Sideshow first ? Via the USA ? :/

I'm trying to collect the S.H. Figuarts Dragon Ball Z line. The damn limited ones and scalping has made it difficult.

Luckily I have been able to get some at retail/launch but some of the others I missed due to not really keeping up at the time and budget constraints.

What I have so far!
SSJ3 Son Goku
Piccolo (normal edition)
Perfect Cell
SSJ Vegeta
SSJ Broly
Nice, another DBZ Figuarts collector! :D

I've got:
SSJ Goku
Goku (Base Form)
Piccolo (reissue)
Androids 17 & 18
LSSJ Broly
Vegeta (Scouter ver.)
SDCC exclusive Vegeta (Scouter ver.)

Hoping to get all the new figures that are coming out, including the SSJ2 Gohan reissue.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Does that mean every HT sold by European retailers came through Sideshow first ? Via the USA ? :/

Nope, only official Sideshow resellers, OSB are grey importers, meaning they don't deal with Sideshow and get their product straight from Hong Kong 9why the prices are cheaper). I only keep up with the UK sellers, but I'm sure there are equivalent European grey import sellers like OSB, and European Sideshow distributors like Collectable Direct.

Anyone who wants to learn more about Hot Toys and how it works, this guy named Budget Stark does a ton of videos explaining how things work, and always has first look video's and photo's of new shit as it comes out. The video I'm linking is worth a watch, just to see how insane the process of buying a Hot Toy in their home turf is : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGQQuFQpDEA

Did you shoot collectible kitbash a message? Again with OSB, by the time Cap releases they might have sorted their shit out, and they might not have, they will still be the last place I'd recommend for customer service. I got an email that my Robocop payment would be due last month, and haven't heard a peep since, all other UK sellers had him by now. It's gonna be a longer wait, they just won't admit it.

The chain works like this:

A Hot Toy get released in Hong Kong, 1-2 months later they arrive by boat to Sideshow to distribute in the US, 2-4 months after Sideshow gets them they arrive in the UK. Best prices in the UK are the local dealers, but also the longest wait time. OSB is currently in the 7-8 months time frame, some people still waiting for their 66 batman figures.
Nah, I didn't really think to message them. I'm gonna go with OSB because of the free delivery. I'm kind of tight on money to spend on figures, so I want to get Cap cheaper. CK will have him cheap, but it'll be around £10 for delivery.

Wanderer5

Heh well Link nendo getting a re-release probably means he can be obtained easily for a while longer. I want to get him, but I might just check him out in the summer.

Up for pre-order on Sideshow, 16" Iron Giant by Mondo ($300)

*siiiiigh* Looks so good, but ugh. 16" might be a bit too big for my taste, anyway.

ed_fusion

Banned
I loved marvel legends, but i am more of a DC Universe classics guy...i had a great collection but then the figures pretty much went from 7 or 8 bucks to damn near 18 to 20 bucks, so i retired...

Here they are....in their full glory...Marvel Vs DC...

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So i just checked Collectibles Direct and it's a reasonable price! More reliable too. I gotta make up my damn mind, hahaha. Ordering tomorrow.

I've got my Star Wars (Han and Chewie 2 pack, and Darth Vader) stuff pre-ordered with CD, because while I don't mind a short wait for them, I would mind a huge wait, but I threw OSB a bone on the Stormtrooper and ordered him with them. CD also has the layaway plan that would allow you to pay up the figure a little at a time until release, OSB will just charge a deposit and ask for the rest all at once.

This is a thread on people unhappy with OSB:
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/dealers/145082-whats-onesixthbruce.html

I've got my Star Wars (Han and Chewie 2 pack, and Darth Vader) stuff pre-ordered with CD, because while I don't mind a short wait for them, I would mind a huge wait, but I threw OSB a bone on the Stormtrooper and ordered him with them. CD also has the layaway plan that would allow you to pay up the figure a little at a time until release, OSB will just charge a deposit and ask for the rest all at once.

This is a thread on people unhappy with OSB:
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/dealers/145082-whats-onesixthbruce.html
Yeah, I was thinking of doing the layaway plan, but I saw that paying in full is -£10 so I'm paying in full, heh.

Sobriquet

I think I'm only interested in Spidey and DD. Would be nice to have a Hobgoblin though. :|

Really need that Ultimate Jessica Drew.

Perhaps the Revoltech Micro Figure? I'm not sure if you can get him for 25-30 but perhaps 35-40. Pair it with Cyborg Ninja from the same line.

ui73jL4.jpg

Thanks, I just got the Solid Snake for 35 (Canadian) with free shipping, I'm pretty hyped. It was EXACTLY what I want, looks so dynamic. Awesome poses.

I'm really gonna need a Sam Fisher, Garrett from Thief, JC Denton and Adam Jensen, but something tells me that's not going to be easy/cheap/possible...

Also, I might look back on this day as a very bad one if I get too deep in this

The entire DC Multiverse line is great

Just avoid Keaton Bruce.

For Snake,
petchy-mon1398371260.jpeg

$25 total shipped(to US) from a Japanese site.

Heh, literally just bought it

That cowl-less Bruce looks awful considering the cowled version looks instantly recognizable and good for its size. Penguin looks great.

Anything good in the John Constantine dept? I prefer cloth clothing like Hot Toys, statues, and poseable action figures last; my stuff goes in a glass display so I try to avoid visible joints

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MAT15586&mode=retail

Is this Batman figure any good for 8 bucks? I bought it, the first new action figure I've bought since, I dunno, like the mid/late 90s (I've bought some used childhood favorites on ebay). I had an original Batman 1989 figure and the Batmobile back in the day. This one looks a little higher quality than the older one.

Is there a good MGS1-era Solid Snake figure that's in this price range, or 25-30 max? I really want stuff with some decent articulation. Ideally something GI Joe-esque. This hobby is hugely appealing but also insanely expensive so I'm dipping my toes in it slowly.
The entire DC Multiverse line is great so far
Just avoid Keaton Bruce.

For Snake,
petchy-mon1398371260.jpeg

$25 total shipped(to US) from a Japanese site.
Big Boss coming soon
joelwuj1420985655.jpeg

Have zero figures, but find this really tempting for some reason:

Hot-Toys-Captain-America-Avengers-Age-of-Ultron-Sixth-Scale-Figure-Close-Up-e1419363521244.jpg

My wife tolerates all of my LEGO sets, not sure if I should push it to HT figures.

Top Bottom