• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

curb

Banned
Do these have a release date yet? I did some searching but I haven't found anything. I would assume around the time the movie comes out.
avengers-age-of-ultron-marvel-legends.jpg

LOL!

Sorry I should have been a bit more informative... i'm still tired. And a lot of these blogs don't allow image hotlinking so i'd have to rehost the images to link them... damn them to hell, i shouldn't even give clicks to sites like that

Yeah it's a weird super deformed look. I think they are trying to get in on the Funko action, only at a higher tier of quality

hmmmm if they make Predators in that style I may go for that

Drayco21

Do these have a release date yet? I did some searching but I haven't found anything. I would assume around the time the movie comes out.

No word yet, I'd personally guess that they'll start getting primed and ready to ship a couple of months or so after the Spider-Man wave, which should probably hit either sometime this month or next. With the amount of Legends being planned for this year, they're going to be needing to pump these out at lightning speed.

curb

Banned
No word yet, I'd personally guess that they'll start getting primed and ready to ship a couple of months or so after the Spider-Man wave, which should probably hit either sometime this month or next. With the amount of Legends being planned for this year, they're going to be needing to pump these out at lightning speed.

Has anything been shown beyond that Spidey wave and the AoU wave?

Drayco21

Has anything been shown beyond that Spidey wave and the AoU wave?

Not officially. We know there's at least one more Avengers wave though, and at the last comic-con, they mentioned it was very, very possible there'd be at least four Avengers waves. There's also the leaked Ant-Man wave, the teased Walgreens exclusives, the Guardians 5-pack, the Coulson three pack, a Secret Wars tie-in of some kind that hasn't been elaborated on as of now.

They showed off a few prototypes for Magik and Dormammu, but I don't see those getting released this year.

curb

Banned
Not officially. We know there's at least one more Avengers wave though, and at the last comic-con, they mentioned it was very, very possible there'd be at least four Avengers waves. There's also the leaked Ant-Man wave, the teased Walgreens exclusives, the Guardians 5-pack, the Coulson three pack, a Secret Wars tie-in of some kind that hasn't been elaborated on as of now.

They showed off a few prototypes for Magik and Dormammu, but I don't see those getting released this year.

Jeez, that's a lot. I'll be interested in seeing what other Avengers related waves there may be. Certainly there has to be an movie Ultron coming.

My Spider-man (animated series) action figure from 1994. I was 12 and also had Venom with jaw chomping action and the Daily Bugle Playset, unfortunately both gone now. When Raimi's Spider-man 1 came out, out of love I put this action figure in my shirt pocket, facing fwd to watch the film with me, I was like 20 by then lol. I might have done the same for Spider-man 2, can't remember.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
My Spider-man (animated series) action figure from 1994. I was 12 and also had Venom with jaw chomping action and the Daily Bugle Playset, unfortunately both gone now. When Raimi's Spider-man 1 came out, out of love I put this action figure in my shirt pocket, facing fwd to watch the film with me, I was like 20 by then lol. I might have done the same for Spider-man 2, can't remember.

That's awesome, you took such good care of that figure.

Flintty

Part two of my collection :)

Firstly, My Hot Toys good guys. I love this Captain America but I'm so tempted by the AOU version which looks better in almost every way...

u0ZT7uw.jpg

lcgbeUo.jpg

r8Opsb5.jpg

Thor - Thea Dark Word version. This, I really believe is the best version of Thor yet. The sculpt and die cast Mjolnir, the tailoring... All perfect :)

IIdVLWw.jpg

DD8klC3.jpg

ISGtswM.jpg

Possibly my favourite HT. The God of Mischief - Loki

z2q0mRz.jpg

wPNBL0d.jpg

vWzcl5s.jpg

Marvel Hot Toys group shot...

sF5upCA.jpg

Last but not least, my tiny Halo collection

yoy6yiv.jpg

Actually, they look lame after posting HT pictures...

That is it, consider my load blown! At least till I can be arsed to go into the attic & garage to get my Transformers, Turtles and the GotG Legends case out :D

Rootbeer

Banned
anyone know how to get promo codes for sideshowtoy?

they claim they'll send you a $10 off code for your first order but I can't get the website to send it to me o_O

I'm gearing up for my first order

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

they claim they'll send you a $10 off code for your first order but I can't get the website to send it to me o_O

Right now they have a random amount off superbowl code, click here and use it well. It won't work on everything...

That's awesome, you took such good care of that figure.

I really didn't, I played the heck out of that fig complete with the typical smashing him into other figures to represent fighting. What's more impressive is the fact that I still have him, from 12 to 32 years old. I should lock him in the safe along with my birth certificate etc, lol.

Flintty, those Hot Toys, plus your photo taking skills, are soooooo good. The quality of HT is unmatched.

Flintty

Flintty, those Hot Toys, plus your photo taking skills, are soooooo good. The quality of HT is unmatched.

Cheers man, these things are easy to take photos of - they do all the work for you! They are incredible figures, they're an absolute joy to just look at. They never fail to make me smile. I can't wait to get my Guardians collection!

bengraven

Why don't the women have names in those Marvel toys?

Not having names doesn't make them less female and okay for gender-discriminate little boys who refuse to play with girls.

Not having names doesn't make them less female and okay for gender-discriminate little boys who refuse to play with girls.
Because Hasbro does running changes to their case assortments where they'll switch out one figure with another as time goes on. This saves them from having to create a whole new separate package design for the running change figure.

The whole running change thing has always been a crock though.

Drayco21

They do that on Swap Figures because it means they're cheating the case system to release extra characters. This set it denotes who has variant BAF parts- Ms. Marvel and Scarlet Witch with Thor and Odin's heads/capes/weapons and Sentry and Machine Man with their arms.

They don't just do it to female characters- the Spider-Man wave had Boomerang and Beetle share the case slot, as well as Carnage and Toxin. There was also Red Skull and a HYDRA troop, and Baron Zemo and an AIM soldier in the Winter Soldier line.

It can make tracking down certain characters hard, but it effectively lets them cheat and put out more figures in one wave, and sometimes create a second alternate BAF out of one.

http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/f...-ssc-random-rumblings-25-super-bowl-code.html

always check the first post of that thread for the monthly code. Sideshow pretty much sends out a code every month so you should always be able to get a small discout. New items usually become eligible for coupon codes 2 months after being put up for Pre-Order

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
You should probably stop hanging around this thread then. It's a bad influence.

I think the rewards program and various coupon codes are a worse influence.

I'd only want to collect HT figures if they made sense in a group. Like the big three Avengers or maybe just Cap and Thanos. I'd never go overboard and collect all the Avengers or all the Iron Man armors.

Vyer

This thread is making me want one of those nice Iron Man figures pretty badly.

I can't imagine that would be cheap.

3N16MA

Banned

I believe the $10 off code is "WELCOME." I think it is a generic code and not user specific. I'm not sure if it works on preorders.

I think the rewards program and various coupon codes are a worse influence.

I'd only want to collect HT figures if they made sense in a group. Like the big three Avengers or maybe just Cap and Thanos. I'd never go overboard and collect all the Avengers or all the Iron Man armors.

Love their reward program, up to $300 myself. Can't wait to get my first free figure

3N16MA

Banned
The Targets around me have been wiped clean of many figures since boxing day. The toy section seems to be one of the busiest parts of the store every time I go in.

I wonder if they will have anything decent during the liquidation.

Croll

Neo Member
Soon.*.* My first preorder for a figure probably ha ha.

I feel more and more that preordering is becoming the only way to get what you want in a few of these lines but maybe that's because I only stepped into the "high-end" side of things relatively recently. Makes me wonder how much of these "shortages" are manufactured and how much is just a shrinking or underestimated niche. Which, speaking of, I've heard that a lot of American retailers are canceling preorders on SOC Voltes V and SOC Gaogaigar. Fingers crossed that mine isn't one though I've had issues with BBTS in the past - they never seem to update their preorders even if they know they won't be able to fill.

SUPARSTARX

I'm trying to collect the S.H. Figuarts Dragon Ball Z line. The damn limited ones and scalping has made it difficult.

Luckily I have been able to get some at retail/launch but some of the others I missed due to not really keeping up at the time and budget constraints.

What I have so far!
SSJ3 Son Goku
Piccolo (normal edition)
Perfect Cell
SSJ Vegeta
SSJ Broly

What I've preordered and/or looking to pick up!
Android 16
Android 17
Android 18
Gohan (Cell saga)
Trunks
Krillin
Freeza (final form)
Vegetto
Majin Boo whenever his preorders go up
Gohan (Boo saga/adult)

I can't believe some of these prices have gone up so retardedly high especially on Freeza, Perfect Cell and SSJ3 Goku... omg

sh-figuarts-dragonball-z-battle-1080.jpg

Wavered too long on Rocket and Groot and now I'm on the waitlist. Has anyone had this experience? Did you get your item?

You basically have to hope people cancel their orders and an order that big usually has a Non refundable deposit, so people just flip the toy instead of eating that $50.

Anything I've been wait listed for I never got, unfortunately.

You basically have to hope people cancel their orders and an order that big usually has a Non refundable deposit, so people just flip the toy instead of eating that $50.

So any other outlet for this besides sideshow?

LosDaddie

Banned

Sideshow doesn't charge you for a deposit unless they have a figure for you. And they give you about a week's notice before charging you for the deposit. It's a non-issue.

And yeah, generally, you aren't getting the figure if you're on the Wait List. But there is a slim chance you might. How do I know? Because I was able to get my HT Iron Man mk 7 (from Avengers) after being on the Wait List for about a month. I was so happy when I got the confirmation email. Wasn't able to get the HT golden age Capt America from Winter Soldier though :(

Anyone here collect these? I have almost every standard figure and most of the playsets boxed in my attic.

I can't believe that these were only $5 apiece initially.

I'm trying to collect the S.H. Figuarts Dragon Ball Z line. The damn limited ones and scalping has made it difficult.

Luckily I have been able to get some at retail/launch but some of the others I missed due to not really keeping up at the time and budget constraints.

What I have so far!
SSJ3 Son Goku
Piccolo (normal edition)
Perfect Cell
SSJ Vegeta
SSJ Broly

What I've preordered and/or looking to pick up!
Android 16
Android 17
Android 18
Gohan (Cell saga)
Trunks
Krillin
Freeza (final form)
Vegetto
Majin Boo whenever his preorders go up
Gohan (Boo saga/adult)

I can't believe some of these prices have gone up so retardedly high especially on Freeza, Perfect Cell and SSJ3 Goku... omg

sh-figuarts-dragonball-z-battle-1080.jpg

Nice! I missed out on both Vegeta figures, Trunks and Gohans. I have everyone else. I hear they can't reissue these toys because they were exclusive? Why not just include a different facial expression and call it new.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MAT15586&mode=retail

Is this Batman figure any good for 8 bucks? I bought it, the first new action figure I've bought since, I dunno, like the mid/late 90s (I've bought some used childhood favorites on ebay). I had an original Batman 1989 figure and the Batmobile back in the day. This one looks a little higher quality than the older one.

Is there a good MGS1-era Solid Snake figure that's in this price range, or 25-30 max? I really want stuff with some decent articulation. Ideally something GI Joe-esque. This hobby is hugely appealing but also insanely expensive so I'm dipping my toes in it slowly.

Is this Batman figure any good for 8 bucks? I bought it, the first new action figure I've bought since, I dunno, like the mid/late 90s (I've bought some used childhood favorites on ebay). I had an original Batman 1989 figure and the Batmobile back in the day. This one looks a little higher quality than the older one.

Is there a good MGS1-era Solid Snake figure that's in this price range, or 25-30 max? I really want stuff with some decent articulation. Ideally something GI Joe-esque. This hobby is hugely appealing but also insanely expensive so I'm dipping my toes in it slowly.

Ehhhh he's aight, personally that scale is too small for me though

That reminds me, anyone pick up the NECA 89 Batman? I bought 2 so I could keep one on card. The one I opened up though had the most fucked up Bat Symbol

nyhYizUl.jpg

That Batman is pretty good, but its small. Hopefully you get one with well painted eyes. The DeVito Penguin from that line was one of my fav figs from last year.
MTBHD32lg.jpg

NECA just released a limited 7" 1989 Batman figure that came with the Blu Ray. If you could find that for a decent price, I would snag it but looks like most people are parting with this at $50+

Unfortunately, as you stated...this is an expensive hobby and finding a good Solid Snake would at least cost you upwards to $50+

I got this guy coming from amiami.

http://news.toyark.com/2014/10/29/new-photos-metal-gear-solid-2-figma-solid-snake-figure-143343

3N16MA

Banned

Perhaps the Revoltech Micro Figure? I'm not sure if you can get him for 25-30 but perhaps 35-40. Pair it with Cyborg Ninja from the same line.

ui73jL4.jpg

Top Bottom