• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

I've been pledged for almost the whole time.

Got Gwendolyn, all four goblins, and the goblin king.

Would have pledged for the dwarf King but I needed to see the final product first and they never posted it.

- J - D -

Official pics of Revoltech Amazing Yamaguchi Spider-Gwen.
Spider-Gwen-Revoltech-1.jpg

Having recently received Revoltech Ultron, which is my first Revoltech figure, it's made me think twice about getting other Revoltechs. The articulation on this guy is a nightmare.

It's a shame because Gwen and Wolverine looks so good and I do want more Marvel imports in this scale.

Hero

I'm not a fan of Revoltech, but the only one I have to base that off of is the original Gurren Lagann figure, which I imagine is way old for toy-tech.

Figma only for me.

But Jakks is actually filling out the ranks with tons of stuff:

• Wario
  • Diddy
  • Donkey Kong
  • Bowser
  • Falco
  • Fox
  • Peach
  • Sheik
  • Olimar (2" version)
  • Bowser Jr.
  • More upcoming stuff including the Koopalings

The figures aren't that bad. The Figuarts Mario line is pretty much dead in the water, so don't expect most of those to get Figuarts or figma (Sheik probably at some point because Zelda). Plus Tomy for Greninja (since there's strangely no Figuarts yet).
The gulf in quality between Jakks and the Japanese stuff would be too large for me to put them on the same shelf and not have the Jakks stuff look out of place, IMO. I don't mind having just a fraction of the cast, as long as I'm happy with the quality of each figure.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Having recently received Revoltech Ultron, which is my first Revoltech figure, it's made me think twice about getting other Revoltechs. The articulation on this guy is a nightmare.

What's wrong with it? I was thinking about getting it. It's just so expensive, though.

I've been pledged for almost the whole time.

Got Gwendolyn, all four goblins, and the goblin king.

Would have pledged for the dwarf King but I needed to see the final product first and they never posted it.

You can add him in the Backerkits when they go out. Diggle and I only back for one figure then we go crazy and broke afterwards adding so much more stuff to our pledge. I'm trying to keep it under 20 figures and that's harder than it has any business being.

I don't think anyone here is going to defend you giving Cowboy Bebop a 5/10 that's not something that should be public knowledge

It's lucky it got a 5/10 shit sucked pretty hard. Luckily Death Parade saved the weekend. Figma pls gimme a Decim figure.

You know what you don't own?

A Forest Troll for your forest figures.

Yeah but you see 4H gonna be putting up their 1.75 and troll extras here pretty soon and guess what bud I'll own both.

I hope they don't my 4H shelves are pretty full already.

- J - D -

What's wrong with it? I was thinking about getting it. It's just so expensive, though.

Could just be mine, but his shoulder joints really struggle to hold an arms raised pose. I had read lots of reviews and have seen videos of revoltechs and what I've seen before had lead me to believe that revoltech figures all used ratcheted joints that clicked, but the shoulders on ultron are these smaller joints that don't click so they are looser than the other actual clicky joints on his body. With some effort I made it work but it's not ideal since they drop back down the moment I touch it.

Also, what probably isn't exclusive to my figure is the troublesome leg/hip joints. his legs can't be raised forward more than 20 degrees up unless I get creative and twist his thigh around. His hip joints take so much effort to use in order to get him into deep stances. So I kinda just gave up and have him in a neutral pose.

I mean, I do like the figure but not its revoltech joints. It's a shame because he looks fantastic, probably the best looking Ultron in this scale. I've seen the Figuarts and Marvel leends version and they don't compare, sculpt-wise.

I'm gonna give Revoltech another shot since their Wolverine and Gwen look so good but I'm cautious now.

sorry I don't take quality photos like Plasticine :)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
2.0 KS ended at a pretty hefty $935k! So many figures too!

It's lucky it got a 5/10 shit sucked pretty hard. Luckily Death Parade saved the weekend. Figma pls gimme a Decim figure.

do you guys see what I have to deal with

Figuarts Kylo Unmasked reappeared on Nippon Yasan last night and I couldn't justify paying over $100 for a figure I already own, now with new head (and a few accessories I already have from the Black Series). I think it'll be cheaper to find someone to paint the unmasked Hasbro head so I could own a decent unmasked Kylo.

I think the bigger question is am I growing up? A younger me I would have bought this in a heartbeat.

I also think I was Figuarts Hawkeye more than I do Kylo. Completely new character for me in Figuarts form and it doesn't look too bad imo. Def grabbing him off of eBay after the Switch comes this week.

In other news (Mythic Legion news), Team Diggeh here and got Boarrior and will select a Goblin (put in $75). When they do a backer kit going all in on all Goblins and Hagnon, Iron Knight and some others. Pixel Dan interviewed Corn Boy and he mentioned some ML series 1, 1.5 and 1.75 will be re-released including Trolls, so try not to pay after market. (I did cave and buy some on BigBadToyStore, but not their double in price Trolls).

edit:
Oh yea, I did have a question I couldn't find answers for, just in case anyone knows;

Figuarts Threepio and Artoo...Web exclusives? Only seeing them on Bandai Online at the moment.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Figuarts Kylo Unmasked reappeared on Nippon Yasan last night and I couldn't justify paying over $100 for a figure I already own, now with new head (and a few accessories I already have from the Black Series). I think it'll be cheaper to find someone to paint the unmasked Hasbro head so I could own a decent unmasked Kylo.

I think the bigger question is am I growing up? A younger me I would have bought this in a heartbeat.

I also think I was Figuarts Hawkeye more than I do Kylo. Completely new character for me in Figuarts form and it doesn't look too bad imo. Def grabbing him off of eBay after the Switch comes this week.

In other news (Mythic Legion news), Team Diggeh here and got Boarrior and will select a Goblin (put in $75). When they do a backer kit going all in on all Goblins and Hagnon, Iron Knight and some others. Pixel Dan interviewed Corn Boy and he mentioned some ML series 1, 1.5 and 1.75 will be re-released including Trolls, so try not to pay after market. (I did cave and buy some on BigBadToyStore, but not their double in price Trolls).

edit:
Oh yea, I did have a question I couldn't find answers for, just in case anyone knows;

Figuarts Threepio and Artoo...Web exclusives? Only seeing them on Bandai Online at the moment.

I don't think growing up has anything to do with not paying double the price for a new head and a Vader helmet. :p

R2 and C-3PO don't seem to be web exclusive. It looks like they're going to be going up on March 1 with the rest of the high-demand stuff. Been a while since we've had a bloodbath! Need dat Figuarts Team Rocket too.

VvoxbNN.png

awwwwwwwww yeah Team Diggeh represent

Could just be mine, but his shoulder joints really struggle to hold an arms raised pose. I had read lots of reviews and have seen videos of revoltechs and what I've seen before had lead me to believe that revoltech figures all used ratcheted joints that clicked, but the shoulders on ultron are these smaller joints that don't click so they are looser than the other actual clicky joints on his body. With some effort I made it work but it's not ideal since they drop back down the moment I touch it.

Also, what probably isn't exclusive to my figure is the troublesome leg/hip joints. his legs can't be raised forward more than 20 degrees up unless I get creative and twist his thigh around. His hip joints take so much effort to use in order to get him into deep stances. So I kinda just gave up and have him in a neutral pose.

I mean, I do like the figure but not its revoltech joints. It's a shame because he looks fantastic, probably the best looking Ultron in this scale. I've seen the Figuarts and Marvel leends version and they don't compare, sculpt-wise.

I'm gonna give Revoltech another shot since their Wolverine and Gwen look so good but I'm cautious now.

sorry I don't take quality photos like Plasticine :)

My Spidey had loose joints after just a short time with him. It looks like it's a thing with Revoltech, kinda like loose legs are thing with SHF. Not ideal but glue or floor polish helps.

I don't think growing up has anything to do with not paying double the price for a new head and a Vader helmet. :p

R2 and C-3PO don't seem to be web exclusive. It looks like they're going to be going up on March 1 with the rest of the high-demand stuff. Been a while since we've had a bloodbath! Need dat Figuarts Team Rocket too.

[/SPOILER]

Oh nice! Team Rocket. Ash, too, I guess.

Who here collects Mezco One:12 stuff? Thoughts? Worth it?

I have the Black/Grey and Light blue Dark Knight Batman, Mutant Leader, Punisher, Shadowland Daredevil, SDCC Classic Cap, Cap and BvS Batman.

I am absolutely in love with this line. Punisher and all the Batman figures listed above are fucking phenomenal. The cloth is a little jarring at first but it is clearly getting better with each release.

Here are a couple reviews of the Punisher and Batman;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWXHZE0bZ5M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-mh0HMnPjA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63KLsXyeUcw

Thinking of scooping up Green Arrow next and definitely that Joker that just came out. Loving the head sculpt on Mister J.

Have the deluxe Punisher on Pre order (trench coat look, more weapons) Deadpool from the Mezco site (w/Headpool) and Spidey. Thinking of pre ordering Deathstroke and in 2018 the full Ghostbuster line up and Darkseid.

Pretty expensive and some stuff is hit or miss visually and depending on your preference (I think the upcoming Wolverine looks bad), but when knocked out of the park its basically a 6" Hot Toy.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I would kill for a space ghost or Zorak that came with their desk.

My dream announcement would be Harvey Birdman and Avenger with a bunch of dumb accessories. Phil too! Oh, the things I would do for Harvey Birdman figures...

yyw5AWN.gif

I'm looking at the official pics for Revoltech Spider-Gwen, and I don't understand how older Play Arts Kais were eviscerated for their ugly double jointed knees, but I've yet to see anyone say anything about these:

wh4VJJT.png

The figure looks quite nice overall, but yikes.

ONE-PUNCH MAN
1/6 ARTICULATED FIGURE: GENOS
Product Specifications:
1/6th scale, ~12"(~30.5cm) tall articulated figure (including articulated fingers)
Includes:
* Detachable side face pieces (left and right)
* Interchangeable open-mode chest parts (magnetized)
* Detachable core piece for chest
* Interchangeable left arm "Incineration Cannon" parts (with articulated fingers)
* White shirt with collar
* Light-blue hooded shirt
* Pants with belt
* 1 set of boots
Others:
*Light-up feature in the eyes, chest, and palms (requires AG1 batteries x 9: batteries not included).
Threezero Store Exclusive comes with:
Interchangeable “Incineration Cannon” right arm.

I'm looking at the official pics for Revoltech Spider-Gwen, and I don't understand how older Play Arts Kais were eviscerated for their ugly double jointed knees, but I've yet to see anyone say anything about these:

wh4VJJT.png

PAK weren't exactly known to be figures for toy posing/photography. Revolotech is all about that culture. All the amazing Yamaguchi (among other Revoltech figs) have terrible looking joints that you see when posed vanilla. But with the right camera angle and pose, you can't tell how ridiculous the joints on the figures look.

- J - D -

They're great, but Mezco takes forever to release things. Buy them. Especially Space Ghost when he finally releases in like April-May.

I've only been waiting since Comic-Con 2016 Mezco pls

Yeah, I've noticed they still haven't released their Batman v Superman stuff outside of Batman. They take their time.

As for Space Ghost, sorry I've never seen the show. >.>

Nice looking figure though, for sure.

I have the Black/Grey and Light blue Dark Knight Batman, Mutant Leader, Punisher, Shadowland Daredevil, SDCC Classic Cap, Cap and BvS Batman.

I am absolutely in love with this line. Punisher and all the Batman figures listed above are fucking phenomenal. The cloth is a little jarring at first but it is clearly getting better with each release.

Here are a couple reviews of the Punisher and Batman;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWXHZE0bZ5M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-mh0HMnPjA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63KLsXyeUcw

Thinking of scooping up Green Arrow next and definitely that Joker that just came out. Loving the head sculpt on Mister J.

Have the deluxe Punisher on Pre order (trench coat look, more weapons) Deadpool from the Mezco site (w/Headpool) and Spidey. Thinking of pre ordering Deathstroke and in 2018 the full Ghostbuster line up and Darkseid.

Pretty expensive and some stuff is hit or miss visually and depending on your preference (I think the upcoming Wolverine looks bad), but when knocked out of the park its basically a 6" Hot Toy.

Wow! You're all in on this line. Thanks for the links.

I'm hesitant because I've never had a figure with fabric outfits before. Wouldn't you worry about posing them? I guess that's an issue with Hot Toys or other 1/6 too but the larger scale probably helps.

I kinda just want Punisher.

PAK weren't exactly known to be figures for toy posing/photography. Revolotech is all about that culture.
What does this mean? Not trying to be disingenuous, I actually don't understand what you mean. PAKs are, and always have been very posable. And I don't even know what not being known for toy photography is supposed to mean, people take photographs of all toys. You can find high quality photography for basically any toyline.

All the amazing Yamaguchi (among other Revoltech figs) have terrible looking joints that you see when posed vanilla. But with the right camera angle and pose, you can't tell how ridiculous the joints on the figures look.
Okay, but couldn't that apply to basically any posable figure with ugly joints? That didn't stop people from cherry picking the bad poses or photos of PAKs. By the way, the image I cropped is one of the official promotional images, and I wouldn't exactly call this one a vanilla pose either.

Anyways, I don't think there's some grand conspiracy against PAK or anything. They have their own set of problems that has earned them their reputation (some I think are warranted, some I think are overblown). The bad knees on the early PAK figures was just the first thing I thought of when I saw Spider-Gwen's knees there, and I guess I don't understand why nobody is really talking about it. *shrug*

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
WTF
He's six inches taller than Scarjo IRL.

There he is! Looks awesome. Material of the suit looks great and the tailoring on the outfit looks really well done. Hope they do Vulture as well.

Is your spider sense tingling?

The world's highly anticipated Marvel blockbuster, Spider-Man: Homecoming, will land in theaters this summer!

Prepare yourselves and stay tuned for Hot Toys' stunning 1/6th scale Spider-Man collectible figure and more coming very soon! It's gonna be awesome!

16998864_10154249074462344_2198638351577611519_n.jpg

Yarbskoo

wh4VJJT.png

Yeah, they don't look great, but at least they're not flesh colored.

Then again I never really bother with anything that isn't figma anyway.

Took off today to marathon some Horizon but it seems like Target got a case of the new X-Men wave in so here I am waiting for them to open in hopes they did.

icespide

Banned
so guys I really want that spider-man but have never bought a hot toy before. What's the best way to go about being ready once preorders go live?

so guys I really want that spider-man but have never bought a hot toy before. What's the best way to go about being ready once preorders go live?

Follow Sideshow Collectibles on Facebook or Twitter, pay attention to this thread. Also follow Hot Toys on Facebook. First Hot Toys will release all the prototype pictures and then later that day, Sideshow will put it up for preorder. With Sideshow, you have to pay a non-refundable deposit but you can do a payment plan.

If you want to see other places to purchase, refer to the original post of this thread.

icespide

Banned
Follow Sideshow Collectibles on Facebook or Twitter, pay attention to this thread. Also follow Hot Toys on Facebook. First Hot Toys will release all the prototype pictures and then later that day, Sideshow will put it up for preorder. With Sideshow, you have to pay a non-refundable deposit but you can do a payment plan.

If you want to see other places to purchase, refer to the original post of this thread.

great, thank you!

TAJ

I don't give a shit about Switch but the one-two punch of PSVR and PS4 Pro did some real damage to my discretionary income, especially because I bought so damn much PSVR software.

Top Bottom