• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

Zombine

Banned
NxdmUTn.jpg

George, cancel an order.

Artanisix

anyone else think that sideshow's human faces can be a little iffy half the time? the court of the dead fem faces look great off the top my head, so does pepper, and there are a few others too, but some of them are like... uncanny valley-ish if that makes sense? like not as good as i would expect given the price of their figures.

i really like the premium format statues they've been putting out lately though. still considering picking up Shard from court of dead

i normally prefer sci-fi over fantasy but she just looks so badass

anyone else think that sideshow's human faces can be a little iffy half the time? the court of the dead fem faces look great off the top my head, so does pepper, and there are a few others too, but some of them are like... uncanny valley-ish if that makes sense? like not as good as i would expect given the price of their figures.

i really like the premium format statues they've been putting out lately though. still considering picking up Shard from court of dead

i normally prefer sci-fi over fantasy but she just looks so badass

I got the Kier statue from the Court of the Dead lineup, its amazing :)

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Bluefin already made a post on Facebook saying they'll have a price up soon so they're bringing it over

Phew! Also VEGETA COMES WITH THE OVER 9000
I know 8000 is the correct number
FACE AND CRUSHING SCOUTER

o2AkXFq.png

NEED THEM BOTH SO BAD

I ain't seeing no swappable "angry face" for that Frank Castle. I need me a swappable "angry face."

Hot Toys faces are too neutral, especially when most don't have alternate heads.
It's not bad here. He has the stern angry face that he had for 99% of his screen time. It's just not as expressive as:

Which is a good thing since their more expressive sculpts tend to look a little weird.

- J - D -

Well that's a punisher who looks like he's mildly annoyed sitting in a cab in NY traffic.

You'd think for the prices they ask, Hot Toys would include another head sculpt. If not an angrier one then one that's beaten to hell. But they sell like hot cakes so who am I to criticize them.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
AmiAmi bloodbath is brutal right now as usual

EDIT: Got Team Rocket, R2, C-3PO and Vegeta! Whew. Always nervous on bloodbath nights.

EDIT 2: Kept trying to wake Haloid up for Seven Sword but the miracle never happen

AmiAmi bloodbath is brutal right now as usual

EDIT: Got Team Rocket, R2, C-3PO and Vegeta! Whew. Always nervous on bloodbath nights.

EDIT 2: Kept trying to wake Haloid up for Seven Sword but the miracle never happen

you are a nice guy to do that =) congrats on your haul!

I love this hobby so much that I get hyped to pre order.

Threepio
Artoo
Vegeta
Nappa
Jessie and James
Ash

Oof, my wallet.

Better sell some other toys off.

Same. And I kinda want 2 Vegeta just because.

Wasn't expecting it all to be July release, man. Decided to order from CdJapan. Probably gonna hurt with the customs but they had them up early and Nippon Yasan sometimes sell out by the time I get to them!

There's a limited edition set of Ash + Team Rocket? Nin-Nin have it but I am not sure if it is a legit set or just bundled the solus versions?

Also, anyone have the Pink Ranger SHF (Japanese Ptera Ranger, specifically) for sale? It's been on my to buy list for ages but if anyone has a good deal here for it...

Edit: Oh wow, Ash even comes with his crying face! Which might be limited to the set...

I think the LE set has a base or something.

There's a limited edition set of Ash + Team Rocket? Nin-Nin have it but I am not sure if it is a legit set or just bundled the solus versions?

Also, anyone have the Pink Ranger SHF (Japanese Ptera Ranger, specifically) for sale? It's been on my to buy list for ages but if anyone has a good deal here for it...

Edit: Oh wow, Ash even comes with his crying face! Which might be limited to the set...

I think the LE set has a base or something.
also available at Nippon Yasan
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/20285-shfiguarts-ash-team-rocket-limited-edition.html

Missed the Gundam for sleep goddammit. I'm sure I'll miss BBTS at work today too. Oh well.

BBTS is my last hope too
if you're in the US, i wouldn't worry, once bluefin announces it, you guys will have some opportunities to grab it.

but that crap went quick at amiami, cdjapan and Nippon yasan... literally less than 60 seconds. hlj stayed opened for long 10 mins. lol

i'm curious how much U.S. retail price will be set at:
for reference:
hlj was 17100yen(150 USD) and nippon yasan 15780yen (138 USD)

also available at Nippon Yasan
https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/20285-shfiguarts-ash-team-rocket-limited-edition.html

if you're in the US, i wouldn't worry, once bluefin announces it, you guys will have some opportunities to grab it.

but that crap went quick at amiami, cdjapan and Nippon yasan... literally less than 60 seconds. hlj stayed opened for long 10 mins. lol

i'm curious how much U.S. retail price will be set at:
for reference:
hlj was 17100yen(150 USD) and nippon yasan 15780yen (138 USD)

Ooh! Completely missed it there. Gonna cancel my N2G order then. Thanks!

Edit: Actually no... they take payment today. No can do then. Shame, I'd rather them.

SeanC

Couldn't pre order R2 or 3PO so looks like I'll have to wait for their release down the road. Amiami is good on that, they've become my go-to for imports.

Or even Ebay for that matter...looks like I could have gotten Han a little cheaper. Ah well, at least he's coming (today? Better? Please?)

Edit: Guess I could still do Nippon Yasan, solid prices, what is everyone's experience with them? Shipping high?

Couldn't pre order R2 or 3PO so looks like I'll have to wait for their release down the road. Amiami is good on that, they've become my go-to for imports.

Or even Ebay for that matter...looks like I could have gotten Han a little cheaper. Ah well, at least he's coming (today? Better? Please?)

Edit: Guess I could still do Nippon Yasan, solid prices, what is everyone's experience with them? Shipping high?

They are excellent shipping to UK at least. Only down side is payment up front for Limited items.

CDJapan did have them up for quite some time so keep an eye out. They (and NY) will become available again nearer/at release so I wouldn't worry too much. Check back every so often and you'll get them.

SeanC

They are excellent shipping to UK at least. Only down side is payment up front for Limited items.

Yeah, I went ahead and preordered with them and put down a Pay Later option. Only because I don't know them all that well. I can always cancel if I see them cheaper or they come back up on Amiami.

Yeah, I went ahead and preordered with them and put down a Pay Later option. Only because I don't know them all that well. I can always cancel if I see them cheaper or they come back up on Amiami.
Nippon Yasan is reliable. only downside at times is when you choose a fast shipping option, they delay shipping out the order for like a week or two at times so it's as if you picked slow shipping. besides being slow at times going from processing to finally shipped, they will deliver.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Anyone here opened up SHF Han yet? How he turn out?

Looks great.
But the mid-torso articulation was a mistake. It adds like a millimeter of extra movement and puts a very noticeable line right through his shirt. Seriously the waist articulation does all of the work. And I really wish they made a working holster instead. I'd pay good money for a third-party one. And there's not much ankle or head pivot. Same hip joints that I hated on Jedi Luke.
The articulation strengths are mostly on the arms. Great shoulder movement, very good range at the elbow, good wrists.
That head, though. So good. Sometimes I think about how much I'll put up with for good head and I'm kinda disgusted with myself.

- J - D -

Looks great.
But the mid-torso articulation was a mistake. It adds like a millimeter of extra movement and puts a very noticeable line right through his shirt. Seriously the waist articulation does all of the work. And I really wish they made a working holster instead. I'd pay good money for a third-party one. And there's not much ankle or head pivot. Same hip joints that I hated on Jedi Luke.
The articulation strengths are mostly on the arms. Great shoulder movement, very good range at the elbow, good wrists.
That head, though. So good. Sometimes I think about how much I'll put up with for good head and I'm kinda disgusted with myself.

You can't holster his gun? That's lame.

But really, all I care about is how the head turned out in the final release figure. Sounds like they did good.

If Han turns out well I'm jumping on the SHF Star Wars wagon. I can't go back and get Jedi Luke or Maul, but everything else is still available without price gouging.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
You can't holster his gun?

No , it's two different holsters, one with a gun built in permanently. The inside of the empty one is filled in with plastic. Why? Who knows.
Anyway it's more parts to swap and keep track of and you can't have him mid-draw or unsnapping the holster.

I can't go back and get Jedi Luke or Maul, but everything else is still available without price gouging.

Jedi Luke, no not without paying over $100+. But Maul you can still find here and there for about $60+.

Theres a good Facebook group with people who sell and trade figuarts (mostly unopened). Think its just called SH Figuarts STAR WARS.

- J - D -

No , it's two different holsters, one with a gun built in permanently. The inside of the empty one is filled in with plastic. Why? Who knows.
Anyway it's more parts to swap and keep track of and you can't have him mid-draw or unsnapping the holster.

It's weird because I just saw that SHF Harley Quinn has a working holster. I don't understand their decisions sometimes.

Mine hasn't arrived yet. Seeing some mostly positive reviews. Nothing negative, really. Just the head is on point for some, and just OK for others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEMq2b84DLs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KWFGgALGls

Jedi Luke, no not without paying over $100+. But Maul you can still find here and there for about $60+.

Theres a good Facebook group with people who sell and trade figuarts (mostly unopened). Think its just called SH Figuarts STAR WARS.

Thanks for the links. I don't get how some can't see "enough" Harrison Ford in the sculpt. It's all Ford to me.

I'll look into the Facebook group. Thanks.

Top Bottom