• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

On another note just wanted to let everyone here know that Futurevoid is the truth! Recieved my Joker 2.0 and its flawless.Great communication and super fast shipping! thanks bro!

You're welcome! Glad to see him go to a good home.

Thanks for the reference, too. It's appreciated.

I'll be posting more stuff in the near future but I want to get through my big ticket items first.

I am interested in the Icons line, and it's very nice to see that some things such as scale are finally being addressed by figures in this set.

So far I only have a Harley Quinn and Batman figure from the line and while both are nice, Batman broke almost right out of the box and I have been hesitant to dive back in after that. If things were a bit cheaper I would probably jump on it. I like the Superman, Batman, and Wonder-Woman from the new set. Although Batman's face looks off. And as sacrilegious as it is to say this - I wish they had kept the New 52 costumes for this boxset. I want to see some reviews on Flash and Green Lantern to see how they compare to previous versions.

From what I heard the Icons line is planning to change focus a bit and continue more as 2 packs or sets rather then release individual figures, correct? Bummer if true.

That's pretty much correct. They've cancelled a bunch of their previously announced figures and shifted the line towards an "iconic moment" theme. They're going to be two packs that replicate big moments from the comics. They're done with single figure releases and, presumably, more obscure characters. I guess the retail demand simply wasn't there for the line.

Cptkrush

That's pretty much correct. They've cancelled a bunch of their previously announced figures and shifted the line towards an "iconic moment" theme. They're going to be two packs that replicate big moments from the comics. They're done with single figure releases and, presumably, more obscure characters. I guess the retail demand simply wasn't there for the line.

I would have bought them all if they actually scaled with Marvel Legends in the initial run. They really goofed there.

Do people here buy Marvel Select (or Diamond Select)? Their boxes are HUGE. I don't get why. So much space inside them. What a waste..

There are some Marvel Selects that fit in great with Legends. I prefer the Select Juggernaut over the Build A Figure, Comic Hulkbuster and the recently released Drax, Groot, Rocket and Gamora.

All excellent figures.

- J - D -

I would have bought them all if they actually scaled with Marvel Legends in the initial run. They really goofed there.

I was happy to have these scale with import stuff like SH Figuarts, Figma, Mafex, etc .

I think the real goof was to for some reason not have a thigh swivel joint on these things despite claiming this line to be super-articulated like the imports.

There are some Marvel Selects that fit in great with Legends. I prefer the Select Juggernaut over the Build A Figure, Comic Hulkbuster and the recently released Drax, Groot, Rocket and Gamora.

All excellent figures.

The Hulkbuster is amazing, it's the first and only Select figure I own. Won't be the last.

other news:
FLARE Evangelion Shin Gekijouban: Q "Rei"
11,800 yen
October 2017
Eva Store exclusive comes with bonus face sculpt[

The exclusive face seems a bit uncharacteristic so I'm fine with the regular version. I ordered this as soon as she went up, I've been checking shops every day for the last week. They're also doing an Asuka to go with her.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Did they show anything else that was new besides Qui Gon?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I've had the Tumbler since it first released and had it on my desk at work for a few years. Finally brought it home about a year ago. Everyone that passed my desk was in awe of that beast.

Apharmd

I've had the Tumbler since it first released and had it on my desk at work for a few years. Finally brought it home about a year ago. Everyone that passed my desk was in awe of that beast.

How the hell do you have it at a workplace

That shit is like the size of a coffee table

NEO0MJ

Aren't you guys worried about leaving stuff in the office? Even if you have a private room I'd still​ be hesitant to leave anything there.

Aren't you guys worried about leaving stuff in the office? Even if you have a private room I'd still​ be hesitant to leave anything there.

If someone wants to try and smuggle stuff out of an office covered in security cameras be my guest. I trust the people I work with more than family for the most part lol.

Okay thanks I will definately keep an eye out closer to release date. Id love to have this guy in my collection.

On another note just wanted to let everyone here know that Futurevoid is the truth! Recieved my Joker 2.0 and its flawless.Great communication and super fast shipping! thanks bro!

Code:
[img]http://i.imgur.com/DjurxrR.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/qdSaXZP.jpg[/img]

I see you Furyan over there on the SSF boards.

dankir

Really fucking cool MP-10 figure made to look like sleep mode Optimus from the movie.

17390741_1960487650845929_5901481085331983516_o.jpg

17389108_1960487657512595_3256316518662916460_o.jpg

Okay thanks I will definately keep an eye out closer to release date. Id love to have this guy in my collection.
Yooooo, a liveblog just did an on hand view of the F91,

Holy Shoot! this thing: first time gimmicks ever put on a metal build:
it has a feature that allows changing the face without replacing parts: freaking amazing:

highlights:
Package
Ft0DQyO.jpg

Manual
8pTVsxr.jpg

Body:
The F91 main body has a glossy finish using polycarbonate material for part of the exterior so as to give a texture image of "racing car".
50x06Kw.jpg

VCsYA4a.jpg

TelzSnv.jpg

markings
tampo print:
BPq7HXb.jpg

ltA1XFD.jpg

Details:
F91 comes with 2 heads:
XckAqLw.jpg

1x has removable faces for sculpt accuracy
a53eyCB.jpg

1x that changes face without replacement:
32ysUj0.jpg

heat dissipation radiator fins
f9ZaGB1.jpg

"Etching Parts" which is the first in METAL BUILD is used in the chest intake.
It is different from die casting, it has a sharp metallic texture.
D1R5Uux.jpg

Weapons:
Vesper beam rifle: Each part expands and contracts
0zXOlbO.jpg

8zrILwc.jpg

Beam saber can store two grips in the left side skirt.
A gimmick is built in which the cover slides and makes it easy to take out:
2RFXwQp.jpg

YqoOooy.jpg

1IzdEnK.jpg

k09tus1.jpg

Metal Build F91
jhKkXR0.jpg

VZeRnSj.jpg

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I've never had a problem with it. I had my own private office at my first job for 8 years and now at my current studio we have an open floor plan arrangement, but I had a side desk which I could put all my cool stuff on. It was out of the way enough that people couldn't bump into it just by walking by. I cycle out figures about twice a year (mostly Hot Toys).

I just ordered Raven directly from Good Smile. Looks like I missed the window on Kat. What would be another option to get her (US or international)?

it has a feature that allows changing the face without replacing parts: freaking amazing:

VZeRnSj.jpg
The back looks like a water/paddle wheel and that made me wonder...Have there been any steam punk styled Gundam figures made? Seems like it would be awesome.

Apharmd

That's Bandai's actual blog for their robot stuff. Robot Spirits/NXEDGE STYLE/METAL BUILD

EDIT - maaaaaaan F91 looks so good, I'm incredibly tempted to break my rule about no spending money on a Metal Build ;_;

I work at a game studio so we have plenty of space, haha.

ohhhhh that works out

^ typo from a cut and paste while linking, thanks =)

before Haloid posts his awesome prizes from futurevoid, just came home and got a package in the mail.

this is a Holy grail of macross valks and the final piece i needed for my weathering collection (had all of the weathering specials except this last one)
only 300 pieces were made of each of the weathering VF-1's. This one could only be ordered exclusively through a magazine in Japan called Hyper Hobby. i've waited about 2 years for one to pop up on the market at a decent price: the rainbow canopy tint is perfect, no flaking.

VF-1J Hikaru Weathering Special

Congrats on that pickup always nice acquiring a grail piece! And damn shit damn that F91 is siiiiick. Looks like I'll be getting raped in aftermarket prices cause I gotta have that figure.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Ooh, Sentinel Volnutt is up! Always wanted a Volnutt figure
that much closer to a Tatsunoko vs Capcom display like the figure commercial
, and it's cool that you can recreate Mega Man's Final Smash with all the 4 Inch Nel figures.

hbXhDjq.png

I really hope Star Force isn't going to be Sentinel Online Exclusive like Cut Man and Lan were.

I retired D-Arts Mega Man in favor of Sentinel's. It's much better.

I'll retire Sentintel's Mega Man if someone comes out with a Mega Man figure in Smash 4 proportions though.

Ooh, Sentinel Volnutt is up! Always wanted a Volnutt figure
that much closer to a Tatsunoko vs Capcom display like the figure commercial
, and it's cool that you can recreate Mega Man's Final Smash with all the 4 Inch Nel figures.

hbXhDjq.png

I really hope Star Force isn't going to be Sentinel Online Exclusive like Cut Man and Lan were.

Don't say these things. I might be the only person alive who prefers Star Force to Battle Network, and I have been shaking with anticipation every day for this figure.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I trust you guys. Seems pricey for the size tho. I'll need to think about it.

I'd say the figures are worth it, especially if you're a big Mega Man fan. I own EXE and he's really fun.

Trusting Diggeh is your first mistake.

FREEZY PLEEZY MAC 'N' CHEEZY

Don't say these things. I might be the only person alive who prefers Star Force to Battle Network, and I have been shaking with anticipation every day for this figure.

I wish Cut Man had been a wide release and not a forced online 2-pack. We really need more actual Robot Masters figures.

Congrats on that pickup always nice acquiring a grail piece! And damn shit damn that F91 is siiiiick. Looks like I'll be getting raped in aftermarket prices cause I gotta have that figure.
i believe the Japan release date is 3/25 which is today so i'll check the market prices and see if it's going up. update: HLJ reopened three hours ago. but i was moving for work and couldn't check.... i'll keep looking and alert you if another place opens.

Fuuuuuuuuck. Still salty I missed the chance to preorder the F91 since it's one of my favorite suits.
yeah the US release is a month later, maybe they'll be a few cancelled orders to snag. (Edit: i'm reading a few posters at macross world snagged one at hlj japan are canceling their pre-orders at Chosen Prime and BBTS.)

Just wanted to say Futurevoid is awesome and legit and everyone buy some of his stuff since I could only afford one item. But what a fucking item.
wow! congrats =)

Recently I bought paint for a nursery, a bunch of baby stuff, some stuffed animals, and some maternity cloths for my wife.

Fuuuuuuuu, you guys still making me all jelly. Also, Haloid, if you are still up for it and are able and don't mind, would love that Black Series Luke Celebration Exclusive. I can PayPal money before or after.

Top Bottom