• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Action Figure GAF |OT| Articulated figures murdered my wallet

The total would come out to $236 shipped roughly which I guess isnt too bad. Think Ill place an order which I can cancel if I dont find one for cheaper later on. Thanks for the heads up and info :)

yeah np! cool as long as you can cancel i think it's safe. i wouldn't panic as you have time between now and the US release. it may be possibly avail at cost at use retailer after launch. so keep an eye out.
the Seven Sword though... those pre-order in Japan are getting marked up.

Messi

Do you ever ask yourselves if you buy too much stuff? My financial burden is quite high and preorders going forward are a bleak outlook.

Do you ever ask yourselves if you buy too much stuff? My financial burden is quite high and preorders going forward are a bleak outlook.

I remember what that was like. If you can't afford it all, cancel what you don't absolutely need. Then just be very careful about what you order in the future.

NEO0MJ

It happened a few years ago. I don't make $10k a month, not even half of that. There was once a period where I would literally barely have $20 saved by the end of the month and I knew I had to stop. While I get tempted every now and then when I see new reveals and even a little jelly when I see how some potentially better off members buy more often than me I'm not too upset and don't feel worse from when I was before.
While it's very tempting to give in to your inner child and buy buy buy you have to be responsible and think of the future. Even if you try to justify it by using flexipay you're still short $400 sooner or later.

LiK

I've calmed down quite a bit. And I sold some stuff. Not as bad as a few years ago. I'm glad mine obsession with anime figures went way down. The dead Figure OT was worst than drugs.

Wanderer5

Heh think I been starting to slow down, even with Nendoroids. Just feeling even more picky and not going through with most of the figures that I possibly wanted (including one or two that I claimed possible holy grail lmao). Don't think I really went so crazy since I dived in a few years ago anyway, nor still gone into larger stuff either which I am glad really. Shit I only really gotten into something like the 1/7 scale range last year, but I really doubt I will go beyond that, nor look at something that is $100+.

Bii

I used to. I've done well over the the last few years with managing expenses so I haven't had that issue going forward. I still have some things I need to purge/sell, though.

NEO0MJ

Of course, this thread thrives because some of us have decided to immigrate here once our home was gone. 😘

Oh God, those aren't Hot Toys in the closet, are they? For your sake you better not be a practitioner of hot glue 🤢

hirokazu

Hey guys, how do you stay up to date on the latest figures are announcements and preorders? I ask because the few times I see a figure I really want, it's always just before the figure comes out and I'm already too late unless I want to pay through the roof. So I want to stay ahead of the curve instead! Thanks!

which is the better Street Fighter V figure, StormCollectible or SHF, from photos, I think I like StormCollectible one since they're bulkier and I think more accurate to the game. don't know about the articulation though

Artanisix

Being very picky in this hobby is absolutely a good thing. I only pick up things I reaaaaaaaaaally like and match the build quality that I require.

which is the better Street Fighter V figure, StormCollectible or SHF, from photos, I think I like StormCollectible one since they're bulkier and I think more accurate to the game. don't know about the articulation though

Look at reviews for Storm. The Ryu one looked nowhere near as good as the promo pics. SHF looks aight but now that I've seen more, I feel Figma might've been the better group!

Apharmd

Hey guys, how do you stay up to date on the latest figures are announcements and preorders? I ask because the few times I see a figure I really want, it's always just before the figure comes out and I'm already too late unless I want to pay through the roof. So I want to stay ahead of the curve instead! Thanks!

taghobby.com is a fantastic source for toy news from Japan.

damn at that price... ok, i think the prices are starting to go up, it also going went up at mandrake. good thing you secured a pre-order!

Nippon-Yasan is funny with prices. One time I ordered a Wo-Class Dekacchu from them for about 5k. Good price. The next day I look and now they're selling it for about 9k. XD

This, for reference. She's about 8" tall and a larger version of their Meddichu line.

227042.jpg

damn at that price... ok, i think the prices are starting to go up, it also going went up at mandrake. good thing you secured a pre-order!

btw, where did you order from? hope they're just taking only pre-orders for the numbers bluefin allotted to them.

Got mine from here. http://www.frchobby.com/bandai-gunpla-metal-build-gundam-f91/
Never used or heard of them before so I hope it all goes well. They also got 7 sword figure too fyi.
On another note just how tall big are these figures,is there another toy line or object they are close to size for a rough comparison?

Nippon-Yasan is funny with prices. One time I ordered a Wo-Class Dekacchu from them for about 5k. Good price. The next day I look and now they're selling it for about 9k. XD

This, for reference. She's about 8" tall and a larger version of their Meddichu line.
i see that lot at Nippon Yasan. lol sorta like a legit store with a scalper side =)

Got mine from here. http://www.frchobby.com/bandai-gunpla-metal-build-gundam-f91/
Never used or heard of them before so I hope it all goes well. They also got 7 sword figure too fyi.
On another note just how tall big are these figures,is there another toy line or object they are close to size for a rough comparison?

Metal builds are 1/100 scale. the F91 is smaller than other gundams. it's intentionally scaled as in the anime.
pic vs. other metal builds:
yBc7PAT.jpg

here's a chinese review of the F91: though there's no subs it's very clear what he's saying.
if you watch his hands handle it, it'll give you an idea of the size. at the end the reviewer sizes it side by side with Seven Sword to get a sense of scale.

indirect picture comparisons with a metal build:
Voltron (GX-71) vs. metal build freedom
EEijva0.jpg

voltron vs. mp-10
IluEBre.jpg

voltron vs. 6' black series storm trooper
4izCeCd.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
The pistol holster on the Mafex ESB Boba Fett is a work of art. The people behind the Figuarts line should look at it and hang their heads in shame.

- J - D -

Mezco fixed Wolverine's shorts. They're no longer as long. yay!

from their facebook:
”Heard ya don't like my bike shorts Bub" Our Wolverine sample was a great figure we were very happy with, but we also heard and saw a lot comments directed towards the shorts. This is a mock up of the new design with lifted shorts. We take your thoughts into consideration whenever possible. We hope you like him!
17523401_1430192850359437_1012514390710387049_n.png

before:
wolverine-mezco-one-12-collective-action-figure-preview.jpg

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
They're still too big and the shoulder pads are a weird choice.
I really like the Legends one. It could just use some claws made out of harder plastic.

LiK

Saw more pics of SHF Cammy and I might pass. The face looks off and while the body looks decent, it doesn't look amazing in certain shots. I'm on the fence with her. Guess I'll think about it.

Is there another company making an action figure for her?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Saw more pics of SHF Cammy and I might pass. The face looks off and while the body looks decent, it doesn't look amazing in certain shots. I'm on the fence with her. Guess I'll think about it.

SF doesn't have many figures (that articulate and not just statues), except older ones and Play Arts Kai. That's pretty much it. Neca has a line at one point too for SFIV.

i'm on the fence too. i guess i can wait to pre-order.

LiK

SF doesn't have many figures (that articulate and not just statues), except older ones and Play Arts Kai. That's pretty much it. Neca has a line at one point too for SFIV.

Yea, but I'm referring specifically to SFV Cammy. I only know of a statue and it's ugly.

- J - D -

They're still too big and the shoulder pads are a weird choice.
I really like the Legends one. It could just use some claws made out of harder plastic.

Yeah the shorts aren't quite 100% there yet and the shoulder pads are odd, but I appreciate that Mezco are listening and responding to fans.

Posting this once more before I start Ebaying and moving over to sideshowfreaks.

Keep in mind that I'm open to negotiation! Please PM if interested in anything.

1/6th Scale Figures:

Hot Toys - Disney - Captain Jack Sparrow (With Telescope) 12-inch Figure - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - $325
Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series - Superman 12-inch Figure - Sideshow Exclusive Version - *SOLD!* $220
Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series - Captain America 12-inch Figure - Captain America: The First Avenger - $210
Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series - Babydoll 12-inch Figure - Sucker Punch - $200
Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series - Batman - Bruce Wayne (Batman Begins) 12-inch Figure - $180
Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series - Joker Collectible Figure (1989 Version) - $290
Star Wars 12-inch Figures - Boba Fett 12-inch Figure - Sideshow Exclusive Version - $200
Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series T-800 Sixth Scale Figure (T2) - $250
Hot Toys DX Series The Joker DX 2.0 - Sixth Scale Collectible Figure - *SOLD!* - $325
Hot Toys DX Series Batman DX - The Dark Knight Rises - Sixth Scale Collectible Figure - *SOLD* $240
Hot Toys DX Series Bane - The Dark Knight Rises - Sixth Scale Collectible Figure - *SOLD* $220
Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series Iron Man Mark VII Sixth Scale Figure EXCLUSIVE - The Avengers - $210
Hot Toys Thor 12-inch Figure (original Thor movie release) - $180
DC Comics Collectibles Selina Kyle / Catwoman Sixth Scale Figure - EXCL Version (TDKR) - $200
Hot Toys Movie Masterpiece Series Black Widow Sixth Scale Figure - The Avengers - $190
Hot Toys DX Series T-800 Battle Damaged Version - EXCLUSIVE - DX Series Sixth Scale Figure (T2) - $325
DC Comics Collectibles The Joker - Sideshow Exclusive Sixth Scale Figure - $180
Star Wars Sixth Scale Figures Darth Vader Deluxe - EXCLUSIVE Sixth Scale Figure - $250
RoboCop - Hot Toys RoboCop MMS Diecast Sixth Scale Figure - Hot Toys - $275
Marvel Captain America - Stealth S.T.R.I.K.E. Suit Marvel Sixth Scale Figure - $200
DC Comics The Joker (Bank Robber Version 2.0) DC Comics Sixth Scale Figure - $350
Back to the Future Marty McFly Back to the Future Sixth Scale Figure - $220
Transformers Optimus Prime (Starscream Version) Transformers Collectible Figure - $320
Star Wars Imperial TIE Fighter Pilot Star Wars Sixth Scale Figure - $180
Hot Toys Star Wars Stormtrooper Star Wars Sixth Scale Figure - $200
Hot Toys Star Wars Boba Fett Deluxe Version Star Wars Sixth Scale Figure - $260
Star Wars Scout Trooper Star Wars Sixth Scale Figure - $180
Hot Toys Star Wars Captain Phasma Star Wars Sixth Scale Figure - $170
Star Wars Imperial AT-AT Driver Star Wars Sixth Scale Figure - $210
Hot Toys Star Wars Kylo Ren Star Wars Sixth Scale Figure - $170
Hot Toys : Terminator 2: Judgment Day - T1000 1/6th scale Collectible Figure - $275
Art Figured Heavy Armored Special Cop 1/6th Scale Figure (Basically Judge Dredd from the Dredd movie) -*SOLD* $140
Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Snowtrooper - $150

Premium Format Statues:

Marvel Dr. Doom Marvel Premium Format(TM) Figure - $420
Pacific Rim Collectibles Gipsy Danger - Pacific Rim - $360
Nightmare on Elm Street Freddy Krueger Premium Format - $400
DC Comics Collectibles - The Joker Premium Format Figure - Sideshow Exclusive Version - $475
Hellraiser Pinhead Hellraiser Premium Format(TM) Figure - $480

1/4th Scale:

Enterbay Dark Knight Joker - *SOLD!* - $725

Vehicles:

The DeLorean Sixth Scale Collectible Vehicle - $650
The Tumbler Sixth Scale Collectible Vehicles (one wing on the backside is broken and has been super glued - obvious discount on that front) - *SOLD!* - $475

Thanks! Its a little smaller than i thought but should go great on my desk.
seeing a lot of positive user reviews: a lot of them are saying their 1st impressions they thought it would be larger... if i read google translate correctly. the other issue is the clip behind the waist buckle that hold the large weapon horizontally is not as secure as they would like: aside from that: they're saying the joint design is improved over other metal builds. they are tight. the colors are first class and the most detailed metal build.

for sizes between gundams, anime scale for reference:
aPa4QJZ.jpg

Damn, sucks that Cammy, Rashid and both Tiger Mask figures come out at the same time! The KOF figures aren't far off from these, either. What a busy year!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, sucks that Cammy, Rashid and both Tiger Mask figures come out at the same time! The KOF figures aren't far off from these, either. What a busy year!

I was mad they are coming out in Aug... My order that month looks like the biggest ever (even though half are gifts). I hope that there will be delays...

Artanisix

Woof. Their prices are getting bonkers.

Such is the life of any figure collector really... Hot Toys 1/6 figs go for what, $250+ range now?

Plus, this is a maquette, not a premium format figure.

Not justifying it or anything btw, the prices are insane, but it seems like its going up for every company.

Bii

I'm seriously considering a preorder if it goes up on BBTS. No tax and shipping isn't inflated compared to Sideshow's. Plus, I wouldn't be able to justify the $100+ price difference for the exclusive portrait.

SeanC

Hey all, any recommendations for the best Leonardo (TMNT) figure available for $50 or under?

Figuarts Leo is less than 50 and probably the best figure on the market. Seen it as cheap as 40 on eBay in the past but seems around $50 at the moment.

Top Bottom