• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Active Time Babble: The Final

D1nhw.jpg

http://www.1up.com/do/blogEntry?bId=9120807

And so it comes down to this: the final episode of Active Time Babble.

Obviously, it's a bittersweet occasion for all of us; but for the final episode, I did my best to line up an all-star cast for you all. Jeremy is here, and so is co-host Bob Mackey, and recurring guest start Christian Nutt. We talk about some of our favorite RPGs. We make fun of Square Enix a bit. We even find some time to squeeze in a mention of Resonance of Fate, otherwise known as Bob's favorite RPG ever (I kid... mostly).

http://www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/podcast.the1upnetwork.com/flat/Retronauts/ATB031513.mp3

Ninjimbo

Seriously, this was my favorite podcast. The Resonance of Fate episode with Kat's Pokemon confession is brilliant podcasting.

So sad to see this go.

Credo

Godspeed, Kat Bailey. Thank you for the time you spent working on a podcast that featured my favorite genre. You did a great job with it and were a joy to listen to. You will be missed.

I am fully aware you are not dead. I just had to dramatize this a bit. :)

inner-G

Banned
Sad to see T_T

Glad to see such a great lineup though!

Thank you, we love you Kat!

(I was just watching the 1up show episode the other day where you were in charge and I lol'ed at the mini dog fashion show bit)

Great episode. You tell them about Nino Kuni, Christian! LOL! I'll really miss the podcast. Thank you for all the great work and good luck with the new job, Kat.

LayLa

aww Kat i'm gonna miss you, especially as host of the only gaming podcast that treated its listeners as adults. good luck with your future Pokemon hunting!

Ninjimbo

I love Christian's rants in this episode because I agree 100% with every word.
Same here. I like how he brought up Blue Dragon as an old-school throwback game that got shit on because it was released at the wrong time. Meanwhile, Ni No Kuni gets all sorts of love for being a similar game.

J-Man

I'll miss the show, but I didn't really enjoy this particular episode. Much of the criticism was valid but not presented very well/cohesively, and I would have preferred more independent voices on particular subjects (J Parish jumping in on the FFXIII series missteps when he reviewed XIII and gave it a very high grade). Still, It's too bad it's the end. Hopefully Jeremy starts an IGN podcast where he still broadcast his retro and RPG thoughts to the world.

Necrovex

I finished this episode. It was glorious. I will certainly miss Active Time Babble. It was one of my favorite podcasts out there. I hope Kat does another podcast with Jeremy. Maybe one of these days. :-(

I will play Etrian Odyssey IV to honor this show's final hour.

Top Bottom