• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision: Destiny 2 PC version will launch late, still determining exact date

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Sony paid to delay the pc version so we have to buy the 30fps experience if we wanna play early.

FU Bungie and Sony.

I can't believe these posts are for real. The idea that large corporations like activision, take two, ea, wb etc are intentionally sabotaging pc releases for marketing deals with other companies literally makes no sense.

And if they wanted double dipping like with gta they wouldn't be talking about the pc version at all at this point

Trickster

Great, gonna miss out on discovering whatever secrets are in the game together with all the console players. Which was one of the cooler parts of TTK

Seriously shitty move

Corpekata

Banned
People saying they are going the GTAV route make as little sense as that junior 17 of you quoted to say the same thing to. It doesn't make sense for this type of game.

I will admit I usually defend Bungie on anything they do (exceptions: stupid eververse and those exclusive dances or whatever bullshit that was, the sony exclusivity BS) but this is a blunder. I know a TON of people who would love to be hyped and play first day for the game but just never could get into it as they only game on PC.

Boke1879

Zero incentive? You honestly think that no current PS4 players were not considering switching to PC?

This isn't going to happen in large numbers at all. If that's the case. Sony should have paid to leave it off the Xbox as well right?

Come on now. This is Activisions decision. At worst. They want people to buy the console version and then double dip into the PC version.

Or they want to make sure PC versions is getting the right support. Again. No one wants another Arkham Knight situation.

Again why would Sony care if a few people went to PC? This is still going to one of the highest selling games for the platform and getting a lot of PS+ users into the fold.

Ephemeris

For me, the double-dip only works if I have cross-saves. I know some people that ran 4-6 Guardians.. 3 is enough for me, thanks.

Charamiwa

Banned
It annoys me to no end. But I guess I should've seen it coming. It's one of the rare game this generation where the PC version is so obviously superior to the console version, they can get away with releasing it later and people will still flock to it.

Another thing that bums me out about this is that I can't even watch streamers I like play D2 without getting the entire game spoiled before I can even play it.

DrBo42

Truly sucks and will be next to impossible not to get spoiled if you're holding out for the PC version. Hope no one actually double dips and encourages crap like this. Stay strong.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Hopefully it won't be more than a week or two.

It definitely has to be before the first expansion drops, otherwise that'd be some bullshit.

Ashodin

Basically "Fuck you we got your money for console, now pay us for PC later"

Also "we skurred because we KNOW PC will look and play better than consoles"

Take your pick.

SFenton

Not enough people for Sony to pay Activision-Blizzard to delay the PC version.

This is getting into dumb conspiracy theory territory.

They're fine paying more than enough for Xbox players to not get content for a year+, so where does the line get drawn?

Kssio_Aug

PS4 is the definitive edition imo.
Definitive for what? PC version with uncapped fps and better FOV is clearly a better version if they dont fuck up the port. Thats fact.

A shame they're not even giving a release date though. A real shame!

Primus

My concerns...

Any significant delay (more than a few weeks) to the PC version takes us into the timeframe listed for the first D2 expansion, Winter 2017. If the PC version releases close to, or heaven forbid after the release of Expansion 1 on console, we end up with this sticky problem. Either:

1) The PC version is now permanently behind console versions, we have a fragmented codebase and PC gets everything months after consoles (thus also making cross-save an impossibility), or

2) PC versions will essentially have Expansion 1 as Day 1 required DLC, which is a hell of a thing to spring on unwitting consumers. Can you imagine paying $60 for Destiny 2, loading it up, and being told "Welcome to Destiny 2, please pay $15 more for Expansion 1 otherwise you're locked out of this, this and this."

To say I'm worried about the PC version now is a bit of an understatement.

Two Words

tell that to CoD or even a initially PC franchise like Battlefield

The PC market has it own public and consoles are not going to suffer because of it.
Okay?

League of Legends
CS: Go
DOTA 2
Overwatch
World of Warcraft

Oh look, I can name huge player base PC games too.

Usobuko

Banned
Is it case of wanting people who couldn't wait to buy first before double-dipping on PC later on?

Doesn't make that much sense to me though.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
tell that to CoD or even a initially PC franchise like Battlefield

The PC market has its own public and consoles are not going to suffer because of it.

CSGO peaks at like 500k concurrent users in a day. Overwatch's most active community is on PC. FPS that aren't lame do well on PC.

lionelhutz

It's totally fine..
if i have cross-saves

You can buy the PS4 version and import the save on your PC when you buy that version on release. Everyone wins!

How would cross-saves work if the PS4 version has exclusive content? If I loot an exclusive exotic on PS4 is it now available on my PC save?

This seems like a major obstacle considering the exclusivity deal that Sony has with Bungie/Activision.

Fdkn

Okay?

League of Legends
CS: Go
DOTA 2
Overwatch
World of Warcraft

Oh look, I can name huge player base PC games too.

I mean, you're missing the point. He is saying that people will go to pc from ps4 because destiny is a shooter and shooters are better with kb+mouse, while that does not happen at all in any considerable numbers

CSGO peaks at like 500k concurrent users in a day. Overwatch's most active community is on PC. FPS that aren't lame do well on PC.

CS:GO is a PC only game (yeah, I know about that irrelevant last gen port that never got updated at all) and Overwatch is a Blizzard game (and still sold a ton in consoles too)

And btw, Destiny is what you would call a 'lame shooter' if that is your criteria.

Ghazi

How would cross-saves work if the PS4 version has exclusive content? If I loot an exclusive exotic on PS4 is it now available on my PC save?

This seems like a major obstacle considering the exclusivity deal that Sony has with Bungie/Activision.
Nah, they already have systems in place in destiny 1 preventing you from using gear you don't have "licenses" to. They exist within your inventory but are greyed out. It isn't far fetched at all.

Top Bottom