• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Activision: Destiny 2 PC version will launch late, still determining exact date

DrBo42

You can buy the PS4 version and import the save on your PC when you buy that version on release. Everyone wins!

Raxus

It'll still be out by the end of the year. Hopefully they don't rush it out on the PC especially with the uncapped FPS.

Toni

Activision literally confirmed.

What the fuck have you been doing for 3 years, Bungie.

LSko4pO.gif

RdN

Sucks for PC gamers.

Lets just hope Bungie uses well this extra time and that the PC version comes out amazing.

Corpekata

Banned
This is kind of a baffling move for a GaaS styled game unless it's a very short delay.

I'd always assumed this was why they never bothered with 1, as it would mean getting an audience that didn't have 6 months or a year of dailies, raids, etc to hook them into the loop.

Double dipping makes sense in single player games, I guess, but the market of "Wants a 60 FPS version, and is willing to ditch his friends (and progress?) 2 months or w/e in" doesn't seem like a hefty one. So that makes little sense.

Piracy makes no sense since it's an always online game.

Just seems like a bizarre decision.

Primus

Like if FF 14 released Stormblood 3 months ahead of time on PC and PS4 had to wait, it would mean months of content that would likely be trivialized for the PS4 players when it finally launched. And that game at least has cross play. In this case it could very adversely affect PC populations.

And this is now my major concern going forward. Are all patches going to be delayed on PC now? Expansions? The "best version" is not the one on a separate codebase that's months behind consoles.

Seems like a huge mistake unless it's a delay of like two weeks at most.

Games like this are so about being in the moment and experiencing content as it comes. Being late to that is a big negative.

sense

Thanks, Sony.
I doubt Sony has anything to do with this. Did Sony stop wb from releasing injustice 2 on pc?rockstar from Gta 5 and Red Dead? Ubisoft delayed watch dogs 2 for a few weeks? These are huge publishers that Sony can't stop them from releasing a certain version. They are already getting exclusive stuff anyways so they are not paying extra to delay pc version.

It seems like a game that could do quite well on PC if they dont fuck it up.

Take the time and do it right. The world has seen too many sloppy and rushed PC ports.

Also do we know Bungie is doing this in house or is another studio doing the porting?

That's BS. Like previous comment, the fuck have they been doing this whole time.

Edit: not a big deal if its a few weeks but a few month delay wouls be BS.

Dreathlock

Sony paid to delay the pc version so we have to buy the 30fps experience if we wanna play early.

FU Bungie and Sony.

jrcbandit

I'm seeing a Christmas rumor floating around on Twitter

I'm out if that's true. A 3 month delay means Activision is obviously going for double dippers. And anyone who doesn't will be at a severe disadvantage since console players will know every last detail about a game they have been playing daily for 3 months... Is the game launching with raids from day 0 or is there a 1-2 week delay? Ideally, the PC version would come out before the raids, but it sounds like it is going to much more than a week or 2 delay.

jayu26

If you want to imitate Rockstar then do it correctly. Don't announce PC before the console version releases. That ensure more people will double dip. Your current way you are just encouraging people to wait.
Sony paid to delay the pc version so we have to buy the 30fps experience if we wanna play early.

FU Bungie and Sony.
Okay, come back to reality in 3,2,1...

Pretty much anyone else, and I'd assume that delay will amount to time spent well on improving the game.

Activision-Blizzard, on the other hand?

They want those GTA V double dip bucks. I can't imagine anything besides.

Normally I wouldnt care to just buy it on console and be done with it. Destiny is a gameplay focused game, so 60fps is a feature waiting for. I wont necessarily be happy waiting though!

Top Bottom