• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Boyes Confirms: Call of Duty: Ghosts is Native 1080p on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wille517

Neo Member
I could be completely wrong but don't places like IGN already have working PS4's? If they had something to hide don't you think they would make sure no one had one at all?
There are going to be embargos lifted before this event so I'd presume that some big name outlets must have relatively unfettered access to some units.

ProcrasDANation

Neo Member
If you think this is about 'getting a free console' then you really need to get a clue.
Did I not say that I have already preordered both systems?
I did so during E3.

I do not think that at all, but by extension why do Sony or Microsoft need to give you early access to their hardware?

Racer1977

Probably that thing that was mentioned sometime before about Xbox One not even having a proper OS when you boot it up, and requires you to download it.
Have MS detailed their launch day features, we know some TV stuff won't work in Europe (yet), but what any snap etc.

Hi all, took me a while to remember my password or I would have jumped in sooner.

Its not just about the games, its reviewing the actual system 2 days before the damn thing ships.
Something feels off right now to be honest & a lot of people are pissed about it.
If you have seen anything I have done over the last 8 months, you will know I have been very happy with the way Sony has been doing things but now its time for them to shit or get off the pot and they are being damn evasive about allowing serious access to the system before launch.
I have mine preordered (ditto XboxOne) & if that is the only way I will get to have said access to the PS4 then so be it.
When people delay access to something, game or hardware, it's never for a good reason in my experience.

The thing is... is this actually new to the industry? Getting a hold of consoles for early use for these things have never been easy IIRC. I'm a lot younger than you, so my memory of these types of things might not be as accurate.

StoopKid

Thanks for clearing that up. It does make me wonder why Sony is taking this approach. Any guesses as to why that might be? Are they having problems with the console or is it that they want to somewhat control how people are reviewing the PS4?

firmware update

I...don't see the problem.

Sony is holding a launch party, inviting the press, right prior to the PS4 launch.

They're not forcing a gun to their heads saying they have to only play the games at the event and review them right then and there.

What a crybaby Sessler is.

IN&OUT

Banned
Hi all, took me a while to remember my password or I would have jumped in sooner.

Its not just about the games, its reviewing the actual system 2 days before the damn thing ships.
Something feels off right now to be honest & a lot of people are pissed about it.
If you have seen anything I have done over the last 8 months, you will know I have been very happy with the way Sony has been doing things but now its time for them to shit or get off the pot and they are being damn evasive about allowing serious access to the system before launch.
I have mine preordered (ditto XboxOne) & if that is the only way I will get to have said access to the PS4 then so be it.
When people delay access to something, game or hardware, it's never for a good reason in my experience.

So Sony didn't allow certain reviewers to access the full PS4 system, OK but from the tweets and the drama I thought that Sony was holding a gun to Sessler's head forcing him to say good things about PS4.

why not just wait for this issue to be cleared on the event? why all the drama to begin with? hell even Sessler was considering working on a different industry for this? II really can't believe this.

Salex_

If that is all it is (and not saying it isn't an issue for reviewers, but that is the game you play to get reviews right?) why all the tease and drama on twitter?

Why not just come out with it or email people?

I don't get it either. Why get people worked up thinking it's about the actual systems and games that people are about to drop 400-500+ on when they're just going to keep teasing shit? It's so annoying.

TriGen

el oh el at them wanting you to review 20 games in 48 hours.

That doesn't seem to be the case since Polygon said they'll have a PS4 review of AC4. It just seems like first-party Sony games and full hardware access won't happen until 48hrs before launch. Which isn't ideal, but I'm just glad this isn't something worse.

SRTtoZ

Please tell me this is not why Adam Sessler has to quit the industry?

You are on fucking drugs. I mean that literally. There's no way you made this post sober.

Seriously. I just read that post again and i was like wtf?

First of all, wtf were Sessler and the other "journalists" upset about?

Second, he starts talking about 1080 vs 720 but then talks about video capture in 720p....??????

And the whole dev kit talk I don't even know where that came from. Ok so you get a $500 dev kit, but I've heard Sony offers ways of helping you pay for game development so I think it's only fair he mentions that if he's talking about cost of development.

All in all a strange post indeed

tkalamba

Thanks for clearing that up. It does make me wonder why Sony is taking this approach. Any guesses as to why that might be? Are they having problems with the console or is it that they want to somewhat control how people are reviewing the PS4?

More than likely control. It sounds a lot like how the auto industry does their reviews.

There have also been a lot of issues with those (Ferrari modified car and using non-stock racing tires for reviews of a road car for example )

I-hate-u

So the while issue is that the controlled review event is only a few days before the launch of the Ps4?

Is that what Adam was talking about as well?

If you think this is about 'getting a free console' then you really need to get a clue.
Did I not say that I have already preordered both systems?
I did so during E3.
It's more about how Sony isnt obligated to send out early review units to Youtube personalities. That's all this is about. You're throwing a fit cause you feel like youre not being included.

Can someone please summarize the shitstorm that has been going in multiple threads...was the bad news about PS4 that the tweets were complaining about? Its too much to read :(.

I think they are desperately seeking justification for their purchases, I don't know. They are so personally invested into the brand and its existence. It was funny seeing them one by one trying rip apart every journo or source that confirmed the 720p COD and BF.

It also means Sony/Xbox marketing and product positioning strategies are working. To be able to create a fanbase like that is probably what both companies really want.
Yeah, you're spot on I think. Instead of going for what they deem best they decide to go for who has brainwashed them the most. These little shits are more loyal to a fucking console than I could to my GF. That's straight up highly religious behaviour blinding out any form of rationality.

Tsundere

Banned

Sounds to me like the bigger gaming press sites are getting their stuff while these smaller guys (Marcus/Sessler/etc.) aren't, and they're crying about it.

I think they are desperately seeking justification for their purchases, I don't know. They are so personally invested into the brand and its existence. It was funny seeing them one by one trying rip apart every journo or source that confirmed the 720p COD and BF.

It also means Sony/Xbox marketing and product positioning strategies are working. To be able to create a fanbase like that is probably what both companies really want.

A few months back, some Microsoft employees got caught shilling on reddit. I wouldn't doubt a lot of that is MS shill work.

Both of These consoles, especially the os functionality, will be worked on and updated to the last minute. This is the reason for the day 1 firmware updates. Sony probably wants the console to be reviewed in its most complete state directly prior to launch. Thus the review meeting 3 days prior to launch. It would prevent system os reviews based on old/incomplete builds.

tkalamba

Yeah, you're spot on I think. Instead of going for what they deem best they decide to go for who has brainwashed them the most. These little shits are more loyal to a fucking console than I could to my GF. That's straight up highly religious behaviour blinding out any form of rationality.

This type of behaviour exists all over the internet, it's probably even present here. People pick apart every little thing. I think you guys are generalizing a bit no?

Wizman23

Banned
Sounds to me like the bigger gaming press sites are getting their stuff while these smaller guys (Marcus/Sessler/etc.) aren't, and they're crying about it.
How dare they be upset that they can't do their jobs properly. The so called crying is 100% justified.

jett

D-Member
Wait, how are people reviewing AC4 next week then, if they won't see the console until Nov 11-12?

They probably played through the game at Ubisoft? For AC2's launch Ubisoft held the "review event" in Italy, all costs including travel covered by them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom