• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Saleh, popular YouTube racist, kicked off Delta plane for being a jerk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha_eX

Can you imagine the initial convo to the stewards?

"Excuse me, that man over there is speaking Muslim, please tell him to stop"

It drives me mad! Who/why would someone go out of their way to cause or trigger something like this?

I can't quite believe it, maybe he was doing it aggressively to provoke a reaction in a prank video? It's the only explanation I can somewhat understand on a micro level.

At least he got another flight but damn did my blood boil when those people in back started to wave and say bye. Scum.

Enco

lol at the victim blaming.

How many people have to be kicked off a plane for you to see this as real?

Be real. And fuck the waving pieces of shit.

Beefy

Didn't take long for victim blaming to happen in this thread. Also accusations of getting a real job.

Saleh has a rep of being a total twat though and making things up, he has been called out by many Youtubers about it.

Part of me hopes it is him just being a twat again, but the way racism is atm I can't rule that out. It's a sad world when you can get kicked off a plane for not spraking English.

Until there is further evidence I will believe him.

MrHoot

The guys in the back are definitively in the "very punchable" category for sure. The hell goes through one mind when they think it's a good idea

he's making youtube money and flying coach? at least he probably got an upgrade in his new flight after being kicked off the original plane for no good reason.

Hylian7

This is the type of person that labels his videos "KILLER CLOWN PRANK GONE WRONG!!!"

Idk what to think, they said 20 people expressed their concerns. If he was literally just talking to his mom, this is fucked up, if he was "pranking" the passengers, being removed is an appropriate response.

posting from other thread

If this one was "just a prank bro", then I would think he would have waited until time to upload the YouTube video instead of making a video on Twitter.

Even if this guy was fucking PrankInvasion, that's fucked to kick someone off the plane for that any way you slice it.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
If this one was "just a prank bro", then I would think he would have waited until time to upload the YouTube video instead of making a video on Twitter.

Even if this guy was fucking PrankInvasion, that's fucked to kick someone off the plane for that any way you slice it.

Dude has 2.8m views on facebook in 2hrs. There's the possible motive, advertising. I'm not saying it's true, I'm saying I'll hold judgement until the supposed investigation yields more information.

NandoGip

The airport released him onto a different flight. If he was doing a prank I doubt they would have let him go so fast

lol at the victim blaming.

How many people have to be kicked off a plane for you to see this as real?

Be real. And fuck the waving pieces of shit.

It's not victim blaming to be sceptical of a man whos entire source of income comes from causing a scene and posting it on youtube. I'm not denying that racism exists, or that there aren't geniune victims of things like this (There have been previous threads on Gaf about similar situations, people not getting allowed on planes etc and it's absolutely disgusting) but this guy isn't someone who I would believe at face value.

I'm not saying the problem doesn't exist, but I'm less inclined to take the word of someone whose job is basically causing a scene for attention.

Booser

This is the same guy that claimed he flew while being smuggled inside a suit case. Then Tiger Air (I think) released the footage of him boarding the plane as normal, along with other evidence he was blatantly lying. He removed their posts from his Twitter feed.

He has a bad rep with editing video and outright lies.

I acknowledge at the same time that these incidents do happen, and its terrible. But did it happen to HIM?.....

Raynes

His fame consists of posting pranks and being an ass. I don't believe his story untill proven otherwise.

Yeah, all whilst you are enjoying your 9-5 slave job, how dare he pick an alternative lifestyle and be a victim of anything.

I didn't call him a douchebag. I was presenting an alternate scenario.

Were you a witness on the plane who is able to present this alternative timeline or have you just searched on Google for whatever links came up for this guy?

I saw this on Twitter earlier and I didnt think that I would see the same thread on here with people having a go at the guy being racially abused...... o_O

NandoGip

Delta response:
In a statement, Delta said: “Two customers were removed from this flight and later rebooked after a disturbance in the cabin resulted in more than 20 customers expressing their discomfort. We’re conducting a full review to understand what transpired. We are taking allegations of discrimination very seriously; our culture requires treating others with respect.”

No denial of him saying they kicked him off for people complaining about him speaking arabic

That is terrible.

If you haven't heard of him, he does YouTube prank videos,

Oh. Lets just hold on that outrage then. Generally Youtube prankers are morally bankrupt pieces of shit and I wouldnt put it past one to lie about something like this.

Yeah, all whilst you are enjoying your 9-5 slave job, how dare he pick an alternative lifestyle and be a victim of anything.
Um ok what does his job have to do with anything? I don't think the poster was attacking him for being a YouTuber. Mainly what he does on YouTube.

MUnited83

For you.
Trump supporter jackass bullies people in plane > let's keep him in the plane

Person solves math equations or speaks in a different language > KICK THEM OUT

TBiddy

Were you a witness on the plane who is able to present this alternative timeline or have you just searched on Google for whatever links came up for this guy?

I saw this on Twitter earlier and I didnt think that I would see the same thread on here with people having a go at the guy being racially abused...... o_O

What, no. I wasn't on the plane. Whatever happened to being skeptical to things you watch on the internet? It could very well be that he was kicked off the plane for racist reasons. It could also be that he was kicked off the plane for being a dick/douchebag or just noisy. We don't know, and I think it's pretty unfair to cast judgment on anyone based on this video.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Delta response:

No denial of him saying they kicked him off for people complaining about him speaking arabic

Um why would they deny anything before knowing the facts? They are investigating. Maybe other passengers caught video. I'm actually surprised there don't seem to be security cameras in planes by default.

uC3U8As.gif

But real life.

marrec

Banned
Youtube hate is real, and you can probably find the same people praising musicians or actors.

It's easier to hate "pranksters" because they're jerks.

But YouTube money is just as real as any other money, people saying it ain't a job aren't considering the amount of work it takes to build a following and produce consistent content that will be consumed by that following. Shit's not easy.

Machina

Banned
Anti Islamic sentiment is at all time highs in the western world. These extremists are getting exactly what they want

Dude has 2.8m views on facebook in 2hrs. There's the possible motive, advertising. I'm not saying it's true, I'm saying I'll hold judgement until the supposed investigation yields more information.

I mean you're already passing judgement by giving the benefit of the doubt to shitty people and muddying the waters about this guy's claim of discrimination.

RinsFury

Trump has fostered an atmosphere of fear and hatred towards non-whites, and muslims in particular. I fear this will only get worse, stay safe out there.

Downhome

I so want to be outraged by this, but I just can't take it at face value from this guy.

Yes, obviously, if he was kicked off just because he was speaking a different language and others were "uncomfortable" with it, then it's wrong and disgusting and those in the video are disgusting as well.

I shall wait and see if it's ever said what may have happened before he started recording that posted video before I react at all. Nothing would shock me, not that he was kicked off for his given reason, OR he and his friend were doing something offensive and disgusting that prompted this all.

Raynes

Um ok what does his job have to do with anything? I don't think the poster was attacking him for being a YouTuber. Mainly what he does on YouTube.

What he does on YT is his job. And his job is legal, he pays his taxes and produces content that people watch. If you think his work is bad, don't be angry at him for making it, be angry at the people who watch it.

Ray Wonder

I mean you're already passing judgement by giving the benefit of the doubt to shitty people and muddying the waters about this guy's claim of discrimination.

You're already passing judgement by calling the people on the plane shitty people. While taking the word of someone who lives off of money made from doing things that get peoples' attention even if the attention is gotten from lying.

I'm not saying either way, you are. I'm just saying there's reason to be skeptical.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Yea it's obvious.

Adam Saleh is a youtube prankster who's known for pulling stunts, of course reasonable people are skeptical.

Oh wait you're insinuating it's because of racism :lol my bad
...No I'm not.

Jesus. People are so eager to shit on each other.

The guy is a professional trickster and we've had several high profile publicity stunt fake outs in the last month or so. That is why people are suspicious.

I have no doubt that a brown person was discriminated against on a flight yesterday and we never heard about it because it was just a normal person. This specific dude though has put himself in a "boy who cried wolf" position.

You're already passing judgement by calling the people on the plane shitty people. While taking the word of someone who lives off of money made from doing things that get peoples' attention even if the attention is gotten from lying.

I'm not saying either way, you are. I'm just saying there's reason to be skeptical.

Oh I'm not claiming I'm not passing judgement, I totally am. Delta has lost all benefit of the doubt with their treatment of non-white customers over the past year. They've shown a pattern of valuing the comfort of their white customers over basic human decency.

marrec

Banned
...No I'm not.

Jesus. People are so eager to shit on each other

Sorry I'm used to some GAFers doing snide side-eye shit instead of giving people the benefit of the doubt so I got snide and shitty.

To be fair, you're post could be interpreted either way :(

Trump has fostered an atmosphere of fear and hatred towards non-whites, and muslims in particular. I fear this will only get worse, stay safe out there.

Anti-Muslim sentiment has been strong post 9/11. There were multiple times were people would be uncomfortable with us talking arabic and additional "Random" screening. My mom in 2011 was told to go back to her country by a taxi driver in a liberal state, Vermont. She was crying hysterically while the taxi driver was shouting absentees at her. This sentiment has existed for years, Trump has only acknowledged it.

Ray Wonder

Oh I'm not claiming I'm not passing judgement, I totally am. Delta has lost all benefit of the doubt with their treatment of non-white customers over the past year. They've shown a pattern of valuing the comfort of their white customers over basic human decency.

So you're using previous behaviour from Delta to make your decision, then saying that it's wrong to use Adam Saleh's previous behaviour to raise skepticism.

Gotcha

What he does on YT is his job. And his job is legal, he pays his taxes and produces content that people watch. If you think his work is bad, don't be angry at him for making it, be angry at the people who watch it.
Yes I know youtube is his job. Let's not pretend every youtuber is worthy of respect though. And while it's easy to sit there and say "blame the people who watch it" ultimately it's up to the channel creator who has control over the type of content and their behavior. That's just a general statement. I'm not weighing in on this particular incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom