• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL Grand Final 2014 - Sydney Swans vs. Hawthorn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Swans barely manned up or played any tactical footy. Was just running into space and hoping their opposing player didn't get the ball.

Hilarious game as someone who hates the Swans due to the whole 'cashed up gonna win some premierships' thing. Just sad the game was so shit.

The urge to change the channel is strong. Didn't think it would be such a steamroll. :/
AFL would be pissed as shit it wasn't a competitive game.

That goal by Langford!!!
Aside from it being out of bounds it was great!

Husband says those two are friends too. Doesn't seem very nice... -_-
Buddy still gets on great with a lot of the Hawks. Even saw him have a laugh with Hodge after a bump before Hodge gave him nice ole kiss lol

I was kind of glad that Port lost last week because I was worried it would be another Geelong v Port destruction if we played Sydney this week but, shit, I think Port could've easily taken the Swans today. They were terrible and everyone looked like they gave up entirely by the last quarter.

ajim

Go the Hawks!

Seemed like a real easy win compared to the struggle against Port Adelaide last week.

Either way, today just shows that Hawks have been the best team the past few years.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Back-to-back is massive, pushes them past Geelong.

Agreed.

Was a bit of a shit match as someone supporting Sydney on the day, but no one can deny Hawthorne of the credentials as being one of the best teams of present day.

Swans barely manned up or played any tactical footy. Was just running into space and hoping their opposing player didn't get the ball.

Hilarious game as someone who hates the Swans due to the whole 'cashed up gonna win some premierships' thing. Just sad the game was so shit.

AFL would be pissed as shit it wasn't a competitive game.

Aside from it being out of bounds it was great!

Buddy still gets on great with a lot of the Hawks. Even saw him have a laugh with Hodge after a bump before Hodge gave him nice ole kiss lol

I really enjoy AFL and have been to a couple of games (thank you, Multicultural Round), all very exciting, but this one just felt dead. Zero energy, no passion. If my guy hadn't been watching, I would have changed it back to the shit TV I usually have on in the background while I work. Pretty lame way to end the season.

And, I know he's on good terms with them since he had been a hawk before, after all, but that hit just looked unnecessary and mean, especially coming from a 'friend'. :(

Grassy

Fucking excellent performance by the Hawks, who gives a FUCK if it wasn't a close game...we're BACK TO FUCKING BACK PREMIERS...after all the injuries and even losing our coach this year...fucking legendary performance.

Chaeotic

Neo Member
Well that was about as exhilarating as watching paint dry. What an anticlimatic end to the year. The best part for me was the Interstellar trailer - correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that a new trailer? I'm 95% sure it was. Is this the rumoured fourth trailer? Sorry to derail :)

Dead Man

I was kind of glad that Port lost last week because I was worried it would be another Geelong v Port destruction if we played Sydney this week but, shit, I think Port could've easily taken the Swans today. They were terrible and everyone looked like they gave up entirely by the last quarter.

At least you know Port lost to a bloody good team.

Hawks were fantastic today and the Swans were so disappointing. Happy with the result but boy the game wasn't exactly that interesting.

We'll done Hawks. Back to back is hard. Not even the Cats could do that.

KAP151

Just spent the day at my wifes families house where it was full - and I mean FULL of Hawks supporters. Her dad was a mess by the 3rd quarter. Good times.

Hawthorn were near enough to perfect today. Pressure was unreal and they seemed to have so much time to move the ball. As a Melbourne supporter I can only dream of my team playing at that grade one day.

Well done Hawks.

Absolutely delighted, really really really happy. Might be time for a new avatar on this forum :-D.

I fell for the hype over Sydney and doubted Hawthorn would win..... despite:

• Hawthorn have NOT lost at the MCG with Spangher in the side
  • Sydney only beat Richmond and Melbourne when they played on the MCG this season
  • We beat them late this season

I thought Cyril was a huge gamble, it paid off big time. But every player played a huge role in securing Hawthorn back to back flags.

Well that certainly sucked.

We got bullied and completely out muscled all game.

Oh well, there's always next year.
But like the bullied kid at school you rolled over and took a beating.

At least you know Port lost to a bloody good team.
Yeah. In no way am I disappointed in Port's performance last week, I'm just disappointed that it was so close and could've easily been a very different day today.

Hawk's performed brilliantly today but I'm still baffled at Sydney's lack of everything today and they seemed to get ratted early on which is very un-Sydney-like.

jambo

p9yHoKI.jpg

DeSo

Banned
Geez, Swans didn't even turn up. I'm more of a rugby league guy but watch a bit of AFL and never miss the final. Really disappointing game for the neutral. Credit to the Hawks though, they were sensational and just never let up.

Geez, Swans didn't even turn up. I'm more of a rugby league guy but watch a bit of AFL and never miss the final. Really disappointing game for the neutral. Credit to the Hawks though, they were sensational and just never let up.

Can't wait for next Sunday!

Bishop89

Im sure buddy is disappointed, but with all that cash he is getting i dont think it matters that much. He already has already won 2 premierships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom