• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 AFL Grand Final - Sydney Swans vs. Western Bulldogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubixcuba

Banned
Whilst there's a break, brief hijack as I'm sure there is some interest here - Are we having an NRL Thread for tomorrow's game?

DeSo

Banned
Whilst there's a break, brief hijack as I'm sure there is some interest here - Are we having an NRL Thread for tomorrow's game?
Don't think there is as many NRL fans on this board. I'm a QLDer so it has always been my fave code of the two. This final is great though.

If this was America it would make a amazing 30 for 30 film.

But Fox should do something for them, other then the Grand Final Replay

DeSo

Banned
JJ winning the Norm Smith is a farce.
I thought the same, he was abysmal in the first half, kicked to the opposition about six times. He did bounce back though but not enough for the NS. My pick would have been Boyd.

Won some cash on the Doggies. had $20 on Dixon to kick over 1.5 goals, and $100 on the Doggies to win, $50 on neither team to lead Wire to Wire.

Also had $20 on Bont to get over 25 touches, but he only got 22.

Doggies are the feel good story of the season and had the fairy tale ending.

farmerboy

I don't think I've seen a better team effort in Sept. Win after win culminating in an awesome premiership victory.

Congrats to all Western Bulldogs supporters. You have reason to be enormously proud.

legend166

Good for the Doggies. Just had a tremendous finals run.

Think in the end we had too many guys underdone. Mills had an absolute shocker, and McVeigh was invisible.

AxeMan

Umps favoured Dogs but I don't think that caused the loss for the Swans.
They were outplayed. Swans forward line was useless, Tippet is a potato and Franklin was good but couldn't get involved enough
The best million dollar forward was Boyd. Who would have thought that at the beginning of the season!

Well done Dogs. Very happy for your supporters

Good game and good result overall. Did want Sydney to win because I felt it was justice after their preliminary final celebration and the hype that the media were running with. But seeing the Swans lose is actually fun in itself having a $10 million dollar player and still not getting the job done. The best thing is the Swans will slowly get worse over time as they're paying Buddy so much, other players will eventually get squeezed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom