• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2017 |OT| Big Trouble in Little China starring David Koch

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday August 4th
Geelong vs. Sydney @ Simonds Stadium

Saturday August 5th
Greater Western Sydney vs. Melbourne @ Manuka Oval
Essendon vs. Carlton @ The MCG
Brisbane vs. Western Bulldogs @ The Gabba
North Melbourne vs. Collingwood @ Etihad Stadium
Fremantle vs. Gold Coast @ Domain Stadium

Sunday August 6th
St Kilda vs. West Coast @ Etihad Stadium
Richmond vs. Hawthorn @ The MCG
Adelaide vs. Port Adelaide @ Adelaide Oval

Round 20 Teams

legend166

Sydney, Hawthorn and Geelong is basically rock, paper, scissors.

Sydney beats Geelong, who beat Hawthorn, who beat Sydney.

Chuck

Still without luck
Fucking Casboult might be the best marker in the game, but if he can't kick for shit what's the point.

farmerboy

First game I've been to in 2 years tonight.

GO PIES!!

EDIT: Ok, winning at half time but that has to be the worst half of football between two sides I've seen in a long time.

This could be a great round, hard to pick a winner in any of them
I'm currently sitting on 5/5, normally I end up with 3 or 4 average for this whole season.

North v Collingwood match was a shambles. And I can't stand these commentators being so diplomatic about everything (Brown tackle, etc.) as if they have an AFL bigwig in their ear telling them what they are allowed to say so as not to tarnish the game's image.

maladroid

Fucking Casboult might be the best marker in the game, but if he can't kick for shit what's the point.
Was at the game and physically turned away after he marked. Simmo's dropped mark towards the end hurt, too. :/

Wouldn't have been a game if Hooker could kick straight, but it still felt like one that got away. This is, what, the fourth of fifth game we've led in the last quarter and lost?

jambo

Had a family thing on and even the Crows supporters didn't want to watch after the first quarter.

Checked the score later and... yeah. Time for some changes at Alberton.

I think we missed our chance in 2014 =\

Zushin

Hawkins and Duncan out for Tigers game. If we can't win with Selwood, Hawkins, Duncan and potentially Motlop and Menzel out too, god help us. Then again, it's been like 11 years.

legend166

I know Hawkins has history but wow that's a harsh penalty for something as soft as that. The entire system is stupid if he gets two weeks for that while Mumford gets one week for an intentional bump to Gawn's head.

Rezbit

I know Hawkins has history but wow that's a harsh penalty for something as soft as that. The entire system is stupid if he gets two weeks for that while Mumford gets one week for an intentional bump to Gawn's head.

Yeah I feel like one week should be enough if they're trying to stamp out jumper punches "for the look of the game" etc. Grundy a bit harshly done by for that tackle too, especially because as you said, Mumford's seemed a lot worse - lines a guy up, elbow out - pretty ordinary.

This week will be unbearable. 😟😢😭

Mwahahahaha

Had a family thing on and even the Crows supporters didn't want to watch after the first quarter.

Checked the score later and... yeah. Time for some changes at Alberton.

I think we missed our chance in 2014 =\

Haha. My Aussie family are the same way. If the Crows do even slightly bad, they can't watch and turn the channel. My husband is only slightly better, but he's doom and gloom even when they make a comeback. I like to rib him with my American optimism.

legend166

Long overdue really. Goes to show you can get as many draft picks as you want but it's not guaranteed. GWS challenging for flags and Gold Coast being a mid table nothing side.

Going to the Doggies/GWS game tomorrow. Will be interesting to see how full Etihad is.

Feeling reasonably optimistic about Finals. Probably won't beat GWS but Port and Hawthorn are both winnable.. Very difficult, but winnable.

Mr_Moogle

That was the worst performance I've seen in a Showdown. Port didn't look like they wanted to be out there.

I want to believe the Crows can win a flag but years of being the bridesmaid has left me rather cynical. I still feel like we'd have trouble beating a team like Sydney in the finals.

Newsflash

Sam Newman is still a cunt

Yes, he can be. Also he's quite giving etc at the little footy legends clinic he was out on the ground running drills with the kids hands on and generally being aces. He's a love/hate sorta guy I suppose. To all their credit (Billy, Crawford and all of them) got involved for the day.

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday August 11th
Western Bulldogs vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Etihad Stadium

Saturday August 12th
Sydney vs. Fremantle @ The SCG
Geelong vs. Richmond @ Simonds Stadium
Brisbane vs. Gold Coast @ The Gabba
Essendon vs. Adelaide @ Etihad Stadium
West Coast vs. Carlton @ Domain Stadium

Sunday August 13th
Melbourne vs. St Kilda @ The MCG
Hawthorn vs. North Melbourne @ University of Tasmania Stadium
Port Adelaide vs. Collingwood @ Adelaide Oval

Round 21 Teams

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday August 18th
Adelaide vs. Sydney @ Adelaide Oval

Saturday August 19th
Western Bulldogs vs. Port Adelaide @ Eureka Stadium
Collingwood vs. Geelong @ The MCG
Greater Western Sydney vs. West Coast @ Spotless Stadium
Gold Coast vs. Essendon @ Metricon Stadium
Carlton vs. Hawthorn @ Etihad Stadium

Sunday August 20th
Melbourne vs. Brisbane @ The MCG
St Kilda vs. North Melbourne @ Etihad Stadium
Fremantle vs. Richmond @ Domain Stadium

Round 22 Teams

Dommo

Pretty disappointing loss but considering we played better than Sydney for three quarters and would have won had we kicked straighter I can't be too miffed. Top two is locked in and we can beat anyone on a good day.

Still expecting Adelaide to casually fuck up the finals but this loss doesn't sting as bad as it could have.

jambo

Awesome win.

Not sure if I actually want Port to finish 4th.

If Richmond fuck up and we clean up Gold Coast next week then we'll lock in 4th, but that would mean a Showdown Final in the first week. Last time that happened the Crows absolutely smashed us. Plus the most recent Showdown was pretty awful for Port.

legend166

Awesome win.

If Richmond fuck up and we clean up Gold Coast next week then we'll lock in 4th, but that would mean a Showdown Final in the first week. Last time that happened the Crows absolutely smashed us. Plus the most recent Showdown was pretty awful for Port.

We'll gladly take it off your hands. Need Richmond to drop one, and for us to make up I think against .5% against you guys next week (we're against Carlton, you're against the Suns so who knows).

bomma_man

Awesome win.

I mean - let's be honest - wherever you finish you're just making up the numbers

Not the best season for us, still a slim chance of making finals if certain games go a certain way but I don't think we deserve it this year anyway.

Shaping up to be an amazing September this year. I'll be wishing Port and Richmond success. ;)

jambo

N4dMs5S.png

Friday August 25th
Hawthorn vs. Western Bulldogs @ Etihad Stadium

Saturday August 26th
Collingwood vs. Melbourne @ The MCG
Brisbane vs. North Melbourne @ The Gabba
Sydney vs. Carlton @ The SCG
Geelong vs. Greater Western Sydney @ Simonds Stadium
Port Adelaide vs. Gold Coast @ Adelaide Oval

Sunday August 27th
Essendon vs. Fremantle @ Etihad Stadium
Richmond vs. St Kilda @ The MCG
West Coast vs. Adelaide @ Domain Stadium

Round 23 Teams

Chuck

Still without luck
It's be nice (and somewhat hilarious) if the Blues finish their pitiful season with a win against the team that's going to win the premiership.

lol JK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom