• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| Women's Round presented by Stephen Milne & Majak Daw

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

q6d01hS.png

Its that time again! The NAB Challenge (the AFL's pre-season comp) begins on Thursday February 26.

The first round of the official 2015 Premiership Season isn't until the beginning of April and is back to being a single weekend round, with the first game (Carlton vs. Richmond) on Thursday April 2.

Important Links / Notes

2015 Season Fixtures
2015 NAB Challenge Fixture

Season 2015 Fixture

Highlights Videos
The Season's Best - 2014 Highlights packages for all 18 teams
Highlights of the 2014 AFL Grand Final
9 Minute Fan-made 2014 Highlights Video
Essendon's 34-point comeback win against West Coast
A highlights video of the past 10 or so years for those of you who are new to the game

International Visitors
- Games can be watched online through http://watchafl.afl.com.au/ - It lets you watch every single match live and on-demand on your desktop, mobile or tablet. 2014 NAB Challenge Season Pass is FREE, whilst the AFL 2014 Premiership Season Pass is $120 AUD.
- Countries that get ESPN and ESPN2 should get a few matches a week, some of them even being live feeds
- New Zealanders will get every match each weekend on Sommet Sports, 6 live and 3 delayed
- Europeans can watch on Eurosport 2
- In the US, games on are on Fox Soccer Plus
- Canadians can watch on TSN and TSN2
- African viewers can watch on SuperSport
- Middle East and North African viewers can watch on the Orbit Showtime Network

AFL-GAFFERS:
GAF Supporter List:

Adelaide Crows - tri_willy, Dommo, deadmeadow88, Galdun, Mr_Moogle, chicko1983, H.Protagonist
Brisbane Lions - Grug
Carlton Blues - oipic, speedpop, maladroid, Macready1306, Brian★, P. Fembot
Collingwood Magpies - Dead Man, El'Kharn, Satchel, Jables Swan, bobnowhere, Collingwood
Essendon Bombers - theb0xmIke, Jezabel, HolyCheck, Ingram, Westlo, Shancake, RandomVince
Fremantle Dockers - what's in a name
Geelong Cats - Andiie
Gold Coast Suns -
GWS Giants - BanShunsaku
Hawthorn Hawks - Grassy, Here For The Free Feed, Kaze Kyou
Melbourne Demons - KAP151
North Melbourne Kangaroos- guidop, Jebus
Port Adelaide Power - jambo, fisheyes, Ningo, Juicy Bob, reptilescorpio, Chaosmidas, Dryk, Marky Mark
Richmond Tigers - a posh hammer, Ozzy Onya A2Z, Cruncho
St Kilda Saints - Ydahs, Pachael, Scullibuno
Sydney Swans- Rezbit, legend166, iSimon
West Coast Eagles - FGMPR, midonnay, Kerrby, cr_blah_blah, Nickovic, aDDiKt24, VOOK, Raad, Oxirane, AnkhWeasel
Western Bulldogs - Major_Lazer, mrpookles

GAF AFL TIPPING LEAGUE:
egFlqY0m.jpg

http://www.footytips.com.au/comps/believe
Password is legend166

GAF AFL DREAM TEAM:
http://fantasy.afl.com.au/
Are we going to do this in 2015? You decide.
Also, don't forget about Ydahs' great http://dream-stats.com/ site for all your Dream Team / Supercoach needs

Relive all the fun/drama of the AFL 2014 OT
And the 2014 AFL Grand Final thread

Thanks to fisheyes, Grug and Ydahs, I used a few bits from the previous threads for this one (up to and including this very line)

qMVsMma.jpg

Cruncho

So glad the first round is back to starting with Richmond Carlton, though I hate it's a thursday night. I go every year with my Dad and Drandad. Me & Dad are both Richmond supporters and Grandad goes for Carlton. By about half time we're just watching the game from in the bar drinking non-stop. Work the day after is always.. fun :<

Edit: Just realised that this year the next day is a pub hol anyway. SCORE!

jambo

Yeah well I grew up supporting Sturt. I couldn't barrack for Port and still respect/live with myself.

My dad was a Glenelg (also Richmond in VFL) man, but as kids we went to a lot more Port games with one of his mates.

Dad actually barracked for The Crows from 1990 to around 96 and then when he heard about Port he thought he'd give them a go. Great timing.

Thankfully it paid off in 04, and luckily we were there.

Throw another Tigers supporter up there mates. That 9 game run last year. Hopefully we can actually perform better at the start is the season this time around.

Oxirane

One more week until some football. It's a shame that the exhibition match will not be broadcast.

Go Eagles. Show those skills
c3TijMR.gif

tomAgop.gif

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Port Adelaide Power - jambo, fisheyes, Ningo, Juicy Bob, reptilescorpio, Chaosmidas, Dryk
Collingwood Magpies - Dead Man, El'Kharn, Satchel, Jables Swan, bobnowhere

This explains SO much about some of you.

oipic

Nice work with the thread, jambo - thanks mate. It's just sinking in now that footy season is practically upon us.

One more week until Carlton's intra-club next Friday: that glorious final opportunity to bask in unreserved optimism as we look to season 2015 with a well-balanced, strong and healthy list...

...before, inevitably, another season of lower-to-mid table mediocrity sets in. Go Blues!

maladroid

Hooray, the only thread I'm supposed post in on GAF. I have not been paying attention. Two weeks away?

Nice work with the thread, jambo - thanks mate. It's just sinking in now that footy season is practically upon us.

One more week until Carlton's intra-club next Friday: that glorious final opportunity to bask in unreserved optimism as we look to season 2015 with a well-balanced, strong and healthy list...

...before, inevitably, another season of lower-to-mid table mediocrity sets in. Go Blues!
I feel like we're set for another bottom 6 finish. All I'm hoping for is the likes of Menzel, Buckley, Cripps, Sheehan, Graham, Rainbow, etc to get some games under their belt.

Rezbit

ONE DAY IN OCTOBER!!!!

After the shemozzle last year I am back on board. Got my Swans Victorian membership.

It blows my mind how big the pitch is for this sport.

Without researching I'm going to assume it's the largest pitch for any contact team sport in the world? With the largest number of active players as well?

You crazy Aussies. I imagine the conception of the sport as going something like this:
"What shall we do with all this space mate?" "WE FUCKING BATTLE!".

Dommo

It blows my mind how big the pitch is for this sport.

Without researching I'm going to assume it's the largest pitch for any contact team sport in the world? With the largest number of active players as well?

You crazy Aussies. I imagine the conception of the sport as going something like this:
"What shall we do with all this space mate?" "WE FUCKING BATTLE!".

I love that the size of the fields varies from stadium to stadium too. Surely that's a one off thing for AFL too. Such an Aussie thing: "So how big should the field be for this sport?" "Aw yeah nah she'll be right. About that long seems pretty good to me."

And all the subjective rules in this fucking sport. How much prior possession does the player need to have before it's called Holding the Ball? "Aw yeah nah bout two shakes of a dogs tail I'd say. That'll do."

jambo

So I got this for christmas

It's pretty awesome build quality wise and really good just to have all the GFs in one place.

So far I've watched 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2008.

I'm probably going to go 1999 and 2000 next, don't know if I could watch the 1997/98 ones =P

Really interesting watching the old style of footy and how much it's changed. I was really surprised by how often guys would tackle or grab someone who just marked the ball and the umpire wouldn't give a shit. Also it's tough as nails, some huge hits and blatant punches and swings flying around.

I also found some dirt cheap copies of the team packs, so I have Richmond's and Carlton's grand finals to work through. So weird watching the pre-1986 games with no 50m arc.

It's going to be a long year for the Pies. Hopefully we can get some fit blokes on the park and give the 7 and 8 positions a good crack.

Cruncho

Really interesting watching the old style of footy and how much it's changed. I was really surprised by how often guys would tackle or grab someone who just marked the ball and the umpire wouldn't give a shit. Also it's tough as nails, some huge hits and blatant punches and swings flying around.

I really do miss football like this. Nodays you lightly breathe on someone the wrong way and you'll get a free kick against you. :/

Jintor

SWANNIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

*knows nothing about AFL but still watches the finals for some reason or the other*

I think I still have a football signed by plugger somewhere around back home

legend166

I really do miss football like this. Nodays you lightly breathe on someone the wrong way and you'll get a free kick against you. :/

Meh, most of it was cowardly behind the play rubbish.

Not to defend the umpiring of today, but the game is better without that stuff.

jambo

Monfries and Ryder won't be played by Port until the ASADA stuff is cleared up.

GREAT RECRUIT!

I don't miss the punches and knees, some of that shit was just dirty and terrible play.

I do like the players being able to grab each other a bit more and also slightly rougher tackling and bumping. BUT I understand that a lot of the new laws are in place to stop horrible injuries and damage, so it makes sense.

Darren870

I'm just happy we get a day off for the finals this year!

Should probably pick a team and start following this though.

Darren870

Pick the Swans!

They know what it's like to move from your home and be placed in strange surroundings!

Hahah, I know an elderly couple that are really really really into the Swans. To the point that everything in their house is red. They have red cars with Swan related license plates and swan planters around that house.

At first I didn't notice it...then I started to realize that they had based their whole lives and surroundings after them.

For that reason, I don't think I could pick them :)

bomma_man

i'm kind of looking forward to having a best of the states team, but we should extend our recruiting to the country leagues.

bring back fev and pay him in pies and betfair vouchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom