• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AFL (Aussie Rules) 2015 |OT| Women's Round presented by Stephen Milne & Majak Daw

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

Are there going to be any eligible umpires for the Grand Final?

Based on performance I have no idea who they would pick.

jambo

Always good to have the two best teams of the year playing off in the grand final

Wm0IJXg.jpg

I just hope it's better than last years demolition.

Andiie

Unconfirmed Member
In-case anyone missed BT's gem calling Wellingham's goal last night.
https://streamable.com/n4k0

I have to say, I'm starting to miss the footy already. One more game and the draft and we're done. Need to find something else to do with my weekends. ;)

Always good to have the two best teams of the year playing off in the grand final

I just hope it's better than last years demolition.

I hope it's a 126 point demolition instead!! :-D

I've stll got about half of this to get through

lt1ktYR.jpg

I purchased that not long after it came out, it was released at $200 or so. Scored it for $140 (had an early release price at JB Hifi, then they had 20% off dvds at the time thus I got it even cheaper than I should have).

TL;DR story time lol

I actually do watch more than just my own team and as such I've already got a lot of the grand finals on dvd, but it's worthwhile having extra copies of those and now copies of grand finals I didn't have previously.

Did have the Hawthorn grand finals via the vhs releases, once I migrated over to dvd I collected the grand finals that I could find. I started off with the Brisbane Lions victory pack (I had already purchased all of them individually over the years, but the box set was calling my name - especially when at the time it was worth over $100..... and I picked it up for less than $40). Also have the 2005 Sydney Swans Victory pack (back when I actually liked them lol), but this was acquired because of a price screw up by K-Mart. Should have been $99 (when it first came out) they priced it at $29 and figured yeah why not it's only money.

I even have the 2012 dvd, purchased it for the "collection" a few years ago, I only ever watched it from start to finish since the grand final day itself late last year.

I have enough grand final games and regular season games (not just the one's in the nail biters, iconic matches, greatest thrashings collections.... but I have most of Hawthorn's victories from the 2014/2015 seasons recorded to play back any time I want) to get me through the off season.

jambo

Yup!

"The match saw the greatest successful comeback in the history of the Australian Football League, with Essendon winning by twelve points after trailing by 69 points midway through the second quarter."

IIRC they did release it for sale that season (in similar vein to the AFL releasing the St Kilda "streak" collection lol).

Yeah I remember seeing a DVD in JB a few years ago that was Essendon branded as something like "The Comeback!"

legend166

I can't even fathom a game where 300 points is scored. Dudes never heard of defence? Who was the North coach at this point? Pagan? Never thought to drop someone in front of Lloyd?

Edit: Looks like it's actually on YouTube.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
I can't even fathom a game where 300 points is scored. Dudes never heard of defence? Who was the North coach at this point? Pagan? Never thought to drop someone in front of Lloyd?

Edit: Looks like it's actually on YouTube.

Flooding only came into play properly for the first time like 12 months earlier.

Before the days of boring defensive footy

jambo

I some how missed this

www.afl.com.au/news/2015-09-26/fans-rejoice-with-grand-final-to-be-broadcast-in-hd

FOOTY fans will be able to watch next weekend's AFL Grand Final in full HD with Channel 7 to broadcast the game on 7mate.

The game will cap a huge day of football on both Channel 7 and 7mate, which kicks off at 9am (AEST).

Fans in Adelaide and Melbourne can tune into 7mate right from the start to watch the whole day's programming in HD.

HD coverage in Perth will begin on 7mate at 12pm local time and at 2pm local time in Sydney and Brisbane.

Is it worth putting $100 on him to win?

If you mean with the leak...
The bookies have totally redone the #s, so not sure how much it'd be worth now, but might be better to poll the more knowledgeable guys. Just not sure how it's possible with the scores right now, and it might just be a goof on the AFL part (placeholder shiola, etc.)

I don't believe that leak. I reckon they have all the favourites ready to put up as soon as someone wins. You never know though.

Fyfe might have done enough here.

Grassy

That Chapman fellow... Eh.

AFL leak on 'winner' -
AFL site highlighted a new item for sale on their online store: "Sam Mitchell Brownlow Medalist signed Guernsey"

yooooooo WTF? Has to be a mistake...surely...kind of wish I didn't read that but it makes the ending very interesting now!

Fyfe's got it in the bag.

I don't believe that leak. I reckon they have all the favourites ready to put up as soon as someone wins. You never know though.

Fyfe might have done enough here.

Aye. Seems more like bookie mischief to me at this point.

yooooooo WTF? Has to be a mistake...surely...kind of wish I didn't read that but it makes the ending very interesting now!

That's what I'm thinking. Certainly makes it more exciting now, though! :D

Grassy

The Mick Molloy stuff was just bad.

Well done to Fyfe. Great year.

McAveny was embarrassing too. They pretty much gave it away that Fyfe was going to win early on. The story about Fyfe growing up in Gracetown, the cameras at the local pub, McAveny fawning over him any chance he got...
Well done to Fyfe on a great year, he missed 4 games and still scored 31 points.

jambo

I want West Coast to win, but at the same time a threepeat would be an amazing accomplishment.

I think West Coast will win on the day, but it will be a close match.

I'll make a Grand FInal thread in OT tomorrow morning!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom