• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Akira Toriyama has passed away

Buggy Loop

Pour One Out Malt Liquor GIF

I basically grew up with Dragon Ball playing on TV every day and Chrono Trigger is one of my favourite game of all time.

RIP amazing artist. Such a specific style he had.

Kumomeme

the experience we grew up today might be difference without his influences

his work inspire tons of people across the world and things might not be same today without him.

dragon ball is everything to me as kid before i get into videogame.

Last edited:
This just wrecked my night kinda hard NGL. Pure legend; DBZ's what got me into anime, I've always had admiration for it and Toriyama himself.

Kinda can't believe it's happened but...damn, it did. Condolences to his family, friends & other loved ones. Hope the fandom stays strong. Might need to reflect on it all tonight, this one hurts massively for me.

ranmafan

The influence this man had on world culture is immense. Hard to believe he is gone.
RIP to an actual legend.
Indeed, it’s thanks to much of his work, from dragon ball to dragon quest, Chrono trigger etc that so many westerners got into Japanese pop culture. And of course his impact on Japan is even greater. Many people I’ve talked to about it here at my school I work at in Japan are in shock. A sad loss for sure.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Fucking hell. Wow. No. RIP. This one hurts. Responsible for the GOAT anime, and my entire childhood.

SpiceRacz

Damn. I don't follow it anymore, but my friends and I would all gather at our one buddy's house after school every day to catch DBZ in time. His parents had illegal satellite so it would air at like 3 or 3:30, I think. I was so obsessed at the time that I imported all the Japanese movies up to that point with english subs. It was my entry point into anime.

Also, Chrono Trigger is still the GOAT RPG.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
A mod might want to combine threads and put it in gaming or OT.

Top Bottom