• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys Games announces Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN (PS3/PS4) for NA

orioto

Good Art™

Zetta

Hell yeah about time we got some news. I can't wait to get my hands on this, this is going to be my main fighter for a good while.

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

Beckx

Hell yeah, way earlier than I expected.

And it's looking like Akishop should have PS4 compatibility updates for their PS360+ PCBs very soon to boot.

YES! So HYPED for the fall release date, especially since I've been waiting for a good PS4 fighter. Crossing my fingers on seeing more characters, though.

It's a megaton for me.

I wonder why nobody cares of this game

It has an amazing soundtrack, graphically it's just beautiful ans the gameplay is also perfect...

Come on guys it's Guilty Gear !!! :p

Beckx

For people who already have an arcade stick and want a PS4 solution:

If you're comfortable with some modding, you can replace the PCB in your stick with an Akishop PS360+ PCB. Akishop is testing PS4 compatibility (so I'd wait until they actually get it up and running).

Depending on your stick the mod could get more involved and you'll need to be comfortable stripping some wires (or buying new pre-stripped wires). It doesn't require any soldering, though, you just put the wire into the appropriate spot on the PCB and tighten the screw. You'll need to either run a new USB cable or splice in a new end to connect to the board. You'll also want to pick up a daisy chain ground wire (cheap & easy) since you won't be using individual ground posts anymore. (or at least, that's the easiest way.)

(Obviously, don't do this on an Xbox One stick unless you want to lose that functionality, since an update to add that seems to be a long way off. Also modding the Fighting Edge is a no go unless you want to lose the touch panel functionality and then you're sort of screwed unless you put in new start/select buttons.)

kitzkozan

I'm guessing this would be the perfect opportunity for Madcatz to start making sticks for the PS4? As of now, there's no FG available for the console so no point in making one yet, but GG will officially be the first one available so let's see if Ultra SF IV will get a "remastered" PS4 version.

The alternative would be to make the PS3 sticks compatible which work just fine for me. I only have a TE stick for the 360, but could buy another one that would eventually be compatible with the PS4. Kinda feel bad for missing that black friday deal which sold sticks for 60$. XD

arit

I'm guessing this would be the perfect opportunity for Madcatz to start making sticks for the PS4? As of now, there's no FG available for the console so no point in making one yet, but GG will officially be the first one available so let's see if Ultra SF IV will get a "remastered" PS4 version.

The alternative would be to make the PS3 sticks compatible which work just fine for me. I only have a TE stick for the 360, but could buy another one that would eventually be compatible with the PS4. Kinda feel bad for missing that black friday deal which sold sticks for 60$. XD

Well, there was Injustice...

It's a megaton for me.

It has an amazing soundtrack, graphically it's just beautiful ans the gameplay is also perfect...

Do you see a Capcom logo anywhere?

Salex_

I can't wait to learn this game. It'll be my first GG since I started playing fighting games beyond the casual level.

I wonder if this will have cross-platform between PS3/PS4? Would be great if they could combine the communities.
It's a megaton for me.

Fighting games aren't a popular genre :(
Just need GungHo to announce the Lily Bergamo localisation.

(and to show some actual gameplay)
Yep! That was the other Japanese title scheduled to release this year. It was trademarked in all regions before it was revealed, so I expect to see the US announcement between now and E3.

Top Bottom