• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aksys Games announces Guilty Gear Xrd SIGN (PS3/PS4) for NA

Let's hope it aint region locked, but that was more an Atlus thing anyways. I'm so glad I use a US account as my main. Getting this on PS4, day 1.

vg260

All legacy peripherals are "at the publisher's discretion" No USB arcade sticks work with Injustice, so I'd say no until Arcsys says otherwise.

I am really skeptical about Sony's line of PS3 stick support being solely at the publishers discretion. I feel like there's more to it than that on Sony's end. I think they could provide a firmware solution if they really wanted, and perhaps it's not a trivial thing to add via software as it stands.

However, I feel like Injustice is not a proper example being a minimal effort (budget) port. They didn't even unlock the frame rate from 30fps on the clashes, supers, and transitions.

Hoping more fighters push movement on the stick support front.

Stoked.

Seems foolish not to have USB stick support worked out by the time Xrd and Ultra hit PS4, particularly if it's the developers call.

Shin-Ra

I always thought fight sticks just replicated the inputs on a DualShock controller, just laid out differently.

RocBase

shit i was supposed to be doing something but i forgot what it was
i hate how excited i am for this game, cant think straight lol

Y1mzjtP.gif

Fall is looking to be most awesome. Now just need to hear some news about fightsticks.

Dugna

Hell yes soon as this is up for preorder I'm getting it. Now just to find the money to pay for it, job searching sucks =/

h3ro

YES.

So excited to play this game!

Anyone else hyped for the single player?! I love Aksys story modes, GGX was fantastic on PS2 and BlazBlue was just as fun playing solo in the previous gen.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Bought. But since it's Unreal Engine 3 I wish Arc would release a PC port. :/

Anhkow

is there any chance that PS3 Madcatz TE will work on PS4 ?
YOOOO

Do PS3 sticks work on the PS4????
Shit i forgot that i have only the KI stick on X1

I'll try the DS4 for this then :/
If your sticks work on PCs then you can get a CronusMax/Titane One to have it work with your PS4. Downside is, you have to buy the device (it's around $50) and you'll need a PC/laptop connected to the device and PS4. It's not plug and play but at least you won't have to buy a $100+ new stick.

If you do get the CronusMax/Titan One, you'll have to use the MaxAim plugin instead of MaxRemapper on the Gtuner software to prevent it from disconnecting every 10 min. Also, in order to get your stick to work with MaxAim you'll need to bind your stick inputs to keyboard keys on your PC first (e.g. use something like Joy2Key).

Beckx

Buyer beware with Cronus. Some of their products are banned from tournaments, with reported issues ranging from burning out USB ports to adding input lag to the *other* player. Anecdotal, but worth checking out before you buy.

Plus you're only saving $10-$20 compared to an internal mod. An option for people who absolutely don't want to mod, though.

Mupod

I need a PS3 stick anyways, so I'll probably try and get a PS4 stick with backwards compatibility. Good to know that Hori one apparently fits the description, I already have an HRAP VX SA for my 360/PC.

If your sticks work on PCs then you can get a CronusMax/Titane One to have it work with your PS4. Downside is, you have to buy the device (it's around $50) and you'll need a PC/laptop connected to the device and PS4. It's not plug and play but at least you won't have to buy a $100+ new stick.

If you do get the CronusMax/Titan One, you'll have to use the MaxAim plugin instead of MaxRemapper on the Gtuner software to prevent it from disconnecting every 10 min. Also, in order to get your stick to work with MaxAim you'll need to bind your stick inputs to keyboard keys on your PC first (e.g. use something like Joy2Key).

Interesting but at 50$ it's probably better to sell my TE and get some PS3/PS4 compatible stick later

I need a PS3 stick anyways, so I'll probably try and get a PS4 stick with backwards compatibility. Good to know that Hori one apparently fits the description, I already have an HRAP VX SA for my 360/PC.
Just buy a new Pcb, and mod it. Not very hard, and the Ps360+ is solder free for those that are not experience enough.
Fixed sentence.

Wasn't the guy that works for/with(?) MadCatz teasing something about E3 in the FGW thread?

I was actually looking up PS4 sticks last night and there's only 1 PS3/PS4 fight stick that I know of and it's $130 at the cheapest site I found but it's constantly out of stock or it's $180 but in stock AND it's something like $40-$60 to import shipping on top of that.

Hopefully it gets a stateside release soon or MadCatz can quit teasing and deliver already. I want to play my Injustice!

vg260

If a dedicated PS4 stick is required, I certainly hope MadCatz doesn't only make a high-end stick. I'd like to see a basic model with Sanwa parts. I have the SFxT sticks I was able to get on sale and those fit my needs just fine. In fact I prefer the sloped hand rest design.

GooeyHeat

Only if the PS3 version is a neutered, broken mess.
Nope, it'll be next-gen on PS3 as well. ;)
"Have you seen Titanfall?" Motherfucker, have YOU see Guilty Gear Xrd?

The Japanese console version is this year as well, so it will probably also be in fall, considering there isn't really any news about it.
Therefore, the releases will be...
BACK TO BACK!
DEATH COMES ARRIVIN' ON A MIDNIGHT TRAIN!

Top Bottom