• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alan Wake Trailer is Almost here!!! Let's Get in Here and all wait together!!!

GavinGT

Banned
Yixian said:
I dunno.. they haven't actually announced a delay have they? Perhaps this is still on track for 08?..

Have you looked at a calendar recently? There are less than two months left in the year. That would mean the game would have to go gold, like, today.

We might see it in 2009. Maybe.

TheOddOne

Jtyettis said:
Not really worth a new thread, but Alan Wake's site gets a makeover. It lives;

http://www.alanwake.com/

Good stuff. 09 or bust.

Oh yea and it looks we got two more trailers incoming going by the TV setting.

15n9ac7.gif

FrankT

CiSTM said:
The site has been like that since the new trailer.

That's funny as the layout seems totaly new as of this week. At least since the last time I checked it when the trailer hit. Perhaps it was changed with the flash stuff after it went up. If so, my bad.

Truant

sol_bad said:
Why the hell is everyone comparing Alan Wake and Heavy Rain?

Look at Quantic Games previous titles and you'll see that they make adventre type games. That's what eavy Rain will be, an adventure/mystery solving affair with QTE elements. Anyone that played Fahrenheit knows exactly what to expect.

Now look at Remedy's previous titles, tthe Max Payne games. I can tell you now that Max Payne and Fahrenheir are nothing alike. Judging by how much Alan Wake is holding guns in that trailer I think it's safe to assume that we have another shooter on our hands.
We realistically have no idea what the hell type game Alan Wake is going to be but I can't imagine Remedy changing into a adventure type dev house. Gameplay wise all we have seen is that stupid whirlwind tech demo and that was ages ago.

As for the Alan Wake trailer it self ....... it was disappointing.
We hadn't seen the game for ages and the last time we saw it was with a story based trailer that really didn't tell us much at all. Now here are again after more then a year and we have another story based trailer that really doesn't tell us anything.
Graphically, sure it has great textures which will look beautiful on my PC! But where's the facial animation, characters look so lifeless. After games like Heavenly Sword, Uncharted and Metal Gear Solid 4 it's becoming increasingly annoying when developers aren't concentrating on facial animation. Force Unleashed was another game with terrible facial animation and it really takes you out of the experience.

I'd rather have a good game, than a shitty one that has good facial animation.

Top Bottom